The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #51
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
They just let three quality players go..
They are 9 million over the cap and had to tender Cruz to the max. Just under 3 million dollars. Canty would be a beast in our system.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #52
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,010

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
They are 9 million over the cap and had to tender Cruz to the max. Just under 3 million dollars. Canty would be a beast in our system.
The Broncos will have some FA options but I don't think Elway is going to break the bank for a DT. The Broncos had options last year too and look who they didn't bring in (as opposed to who they did). But who knows?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #53
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If there's one team I admire when it comes to how the franchise is run, it's the Giants. In the last few years they have released RBs Jacobs and now Bradshaw and they drafted a speed guy in Wilson. I've heard speculation on what WR they will release, some think it will be Victor Cruz, others say Hakeem Nicks (or maybe Hixon, can't remember).
They are making Nicks extension a priority. Cruz isn't going anywhere either. With the emergence of Andre Brown, they have their thunder/lightning duo of Brown and Wilson.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #54
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
They are 9 million over the cap and had to tender Cruz to the max. Just under 3 million dollars. Canty would be a beast in our system.
Canty and Bradshaw both would be instant upgrades. Use the draft to get interior line depth, slot WR, MLB, etc.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #55
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Canty and Bradshaw both would be instant upgrades. Use the draft to get interior line depth, slot WR, MLB, etc.
I would absolutely love this
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #56
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
They are 9 million over the cap and had to tender Cruz to the max. Just under 3 million dollars. Canty would be a beast in our system.
I understand their cap isn't great. But again that's three very solid contributors..

Canty would be a great fit at SDE, move Wolfe inside. Add a NT, that DLine would be stout!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #57
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,010

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
They are making Nicks extension a priority. Cruz isn't going anywhere either. With the emergence of Andre Brown, they have their thunder/lightning duo of Brown and Wilson.
I can't believe that Andre Brown was a Bronco. It still irks me we released him.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #58
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I can't believe that Andre Bown was a Bronco. It still irks me we released him.
James Harrison was a Raven.. Didn't get passed the practice squad. Can you imagine a LB core of Suggs, Lewis, Ellerbe, Harrison..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #59
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos will have some FA options but I don't think Elway is going to break the bank for a DT. The Broncos had options last year too and look who they didn't bring in (as opposed to who they did). But who knows?
I agree they won't spend a bunch on a DT. Canty is the mold of players we are looking for though. DE/DT that moves around. I would rather we spend money on him the Vickerson and then draft a big. We wouldn't have to pay both Bannan and Vickerson IMO with a guy like Canty on the roster.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #60
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,128

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I can't believe that Andre Brown was a Bronco. It still irks me we released him.
we could have drafted ED REEEEEEEEEEEEED
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #61
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,608
Default

Giants part ways with Ahmad Bradshaw

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2013, 3:35 PM EST

Reuters
Well, apparently there’s a roster spot open in New York for Brandon Jacobs.

The Giants have released veteran running back Ahmad Bradshaw, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The move comes as Bradshaw’s base salary moves from $3 million to $3.75 million, and as 2012 rookie first-rounder David Wilson has shown he’s capable of holding onto the football — and in turn the starting job.

In recently acknowledging that he has undergone another foot surgery, Bradshaw acknowledged that he could be released in favor of a Wilson/Andre Brown combination.

Bradshaw, a seventh-round draft pick in 2007, was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams. He rushed for 1,050 yards in 14 games last season. His career high came in 2010, when he gained 1,235 yards.

As a vested veteran, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #62
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Not understanding the wanting of these guys. All 3 are liabilities due to injuries. Bradshaws has foot and ankle problems for a while now. Cantys knee is made of jello.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #63
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm not in favor of getting a banged up RB... As good as he has been, I just don't think I would risk it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #64
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I would absolutely love this
Amen Brotha
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #65
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Demetrius Bell OT Eagles was cut..

Laron Landry SS, Dan Conner MLB, they are rumored to be next.
I'd be happy with some Dan Conner in Denver
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #66
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Giants part ways with Ahmad Bradshaw

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2013, 3:35 PM EST

Reuters
Well, apparently there’s a roster spot open in New York for Brandon Jacobs.

The Giants have released veteran running back Ahmad Bradshaw, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The move comes as Bradshaw’s base salary moves from $3 million to $3.75 million, and as 2012 rookie first-rounder David Wilson has shown he’s capable of holding onto the football — and in turn the starting job.

In recently acknowledging that he has undergone another foot surgery, Bradshaw acknowledged that he could be released in favor of a Wilson/Andre Brown combination.

Bradshaw, a seventh-round draft pick in 2007, was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams. He rushed for 1,050 yards in 14 games last season. His career high came in 2010, when he gained 1,235 yards.

As a vested veteran, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
Bring him in for a look. Along with our current stable of backs, we could break off 2k ligaments in this system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #67
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Broncos | D.J. Williams may have to take pay cut
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:48:18 -0800

Denver Broncos LB D.J. Williams may have to take a significant pay cut in order to stay with the team. He is scheduled to make $6 million next season but was only a situational player this season.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | Orlando Franklin could change positions
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:47:52 -0800

The Denver Broncos will be looking into the possibility of moving OT Orlando Franklin to guard this offseason.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | Two DTs may test free agency
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:31 -0800

Denver Broncos impending free-agent DTs Justin Bannan and Kevin Vickerson could test the free-agent market to see what kind of deal they can get from other teams. The Broncos are interested in re-signing both players but likely only to short-term deals.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | May want to wait on long-term deal with Ryan Clady
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:00 -0800

The Denver Broncos may consider waiting on signing impending free-agent OT Ryan Clady (knee) to a long-term contract and placing the franchise tag on him this offseason so they can see how his recovery from knee surgery goes before making a long-term commitment.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | S



Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KAGk4Oa5
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #68
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,128

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Definitely makes sense to use the franchise tag on Clady, no reason to give him a contract after 3 straight offseeasons of surgery...

Banaan can leave, I like Vickerson though, that motha is HUGE!!

And finally does the potential of moving Franklin to G mean we are drafting a Tackle in the draft? Why else make that kind of move?

and what happens to Kuper and Beadles who WERE EXCELLENT last year? dang rumor mills
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #69
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Franchise tag and clady are pretty much destined. DJ should voluntarily take a cut considering how stupid he is. Not sure how I feel about Franklin moving. Where's that leave Beadles or Kuper, and who takes the OT spot
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #70
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,843
Default

I thought Clary's was only having shoulder surgery.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #71
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Broncos | D.J. Williams may have to take pay cut
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:48:18 -0800

Denver Broncos LB D.J. Williams may have to take a significant pay cut in order to stay with the team. He is scheduled to make $6 million next season but was only a situational player this season.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | Orlando Franklin could change positions
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:47:52 -0800

The Denver Broncos will be looking into the possibility of moving OT Orlando Franklin to guard this offseason.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | Two DTs may test free agency
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:31 -0800

Denver Broncos impending free-agent DTs Justin Bannan and Kevin Vickerson could test the free-agent market to see what kind of deal they can get from other teams. The Broncos are interested in re-signing both players but likely only to short-term deals.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | May want to wait on long-term deal with Ryan Clady
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:38:00 -0800

The Denver Broncos may consider waiting on signing impending free-agent OT Ryan Clady (knee) to a long-term contract and placing the franchise tag on him this offseason so they can see how his recovery from knee surgery goes before making a long-term commitment.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | S



Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KAGk4Oa5
Shoulder surgery retards
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #72
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,959
Default

I'm all aboard the Bradshaw train. He's tough, versatile, has experience in an offense that is throw first, and has had playoff success. He's only 26.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #73
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I'm all aboard the Bradshaw train. He's tough, versatile, has experience in an offense that is throw first, and has had playoff success. He's only 26.
I'd like Bradshaw also, but not at $3mill, $2mill or less +incentives that doesn't total over $3mill sounds about right. That way I feel best about letting McGahee leave.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #74
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Franchise tag and clady are pretty much destined. DJ should voluntarily take a cut considering how stupid he is. Not sure how I feel about Franklin moving. Where's that leave Beadles or Kuper, and who takes the OT spot
I would imagine moving Franklin would mean two things. Kuper might not be in the long term plans and they are going to draft a guy that could move to LT after this season should they let Clady leave in 2014.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #75
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I'd like Bradshaw also, but not at $3mill, $2mill or less +incentives that doesn't total over $3mill sounds about right. That way I feel best about letting McGahee leave.
I can't handle anymore injury backs in the stable. IMO Bradshaw will never play a full season again. Would surprise me if he played even half a season this point forward.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Denver Broncos