The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #76
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
WTF? Manning played Very well it's a team game. If R. Moore didn't ****ing get beat deep we be super bowl champs if Champ Bailey didn't get his old ass beat all day we be Super Bowl Champs. And I'm sick of people say Joe Flacco is a top 5 QB the a-hole just threw a bomb and prayed someone would catch it he didn't execute a drive what so ever against Denver.
Very well said. The only good thing is the Ravens will pay Flacco a contract that is waaaay above his value and he will return back to the tier of Sanchez, Locker, and Tannenhill.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #77
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
WTF? Manning played Very well it's a team game. If R. Moore didn't ****ing get beat deep we be super bowl champs if Champ Bailey didn't get his old ass beat all day we be Super Bowl Champs. And I'm sick of people say Joe Flacco is a top 5 QB the a-hole just threw a bomb and prayed someone would catch it he didn't execute a drive what so ever against Denver.
Manning didn't play well, at least for Manning.

Here's a good comparison.

Peyton had a season QB rating of 107, but only posted a rating of 88 in that game.

Flacco had a season QB rating of 88, but posted a rating of 116.

Just by the numbers, in that game, Joe Flacco played like Peyton Manning, and Peyton Manning played like Joe Flacco.

That said, our team was still good enough to win with that level of QB play, and SHOULD have. But if Peyton plays even to the level of his regular-season average, we win going away.

I don't have any patience for people who blame Champ for the loss but let PFM off the hook.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #78
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Peyton Manning also turned the ball over on his first drive, for 7 points going the other way. And last year, that fumble was Tebow's only turnover. PM had two more on top.

I'll say it again, Peyton isn't why we lost that game. But for a GOAT he certainly didn't grab destiny by the nads in any way. He shares a nice helping of blame.
Manning has nerve damage so grabbing nads is even harder for him in. He could do some nad fondling perhaps. But grabbing? No. He needs at least another offseason of rehab before that is a remote possibility. But, let's face it, he's never grabbed destiny by the nads really....ever.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #79
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
A voice of reason, and a 110% true statement.

We were jobbed. Plain and simple. We don't need to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch. Keep in mind I doubt any one expected a SB victory in Peyton's first season here. Even 6 games in everyone was saying its a work in progress. The team exceeded any and all expectations, and as a result actually raised expectations to a championship or bust.

Without the refs and the league worshipping the murderer we win that game and the SB.
I find it funny how you all say if you would of won against Baltimore, surely you would have won a SB. I dont think you would have beat New England or SF but all you think it would be a foregone conclusion.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #80
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I find it funny how you all say if you would of won against Baltimore, surely you would have won a SB. I dont think you would have beat New England or SF but all you think it would be a foregone conclusion.
2 things.

1, did you watch New England the next week? And that was at home. Nothing is certain but odds are we would have beat them.

2, I strongly believe the Broncos would have been so focused had they won after playing an average/bad game against Baltimore.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic

Does anyone know what draft pick we have to give Philly this year when we got Bunkley?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #82
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Does anyone know what draft pick we have to give Philly this year when we got Bunkley?
6th round I am pretty sure.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #83
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Fact is the eventual SB winner eeked out a win against the Broncos based on the Broncos not playing very well with huge gaffs like Rahim Moore's big coverage mistake and extremely questionable officiating.

I'm confident that if the Broncos would have gone to NE they would have played much better and had they gotten to the SB they would have been primed for a great game. JMHO of course.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #84
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Fact is the eventual SB winner eeked out a win against the Broncos based on the Broncos not playing very well with huge gaffs like Rahim Moore's big coverage mistake and extremely questionable officiating.

I'm confident that if the Broncos would have gone to NE they would have played much better and had they gotten to the SB they would have been primed for a great game. JMHO of course.
actually NE would have come to us.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #85
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
actually NE would have come to us.
oh yah. Well, what a waste.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #86
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Can John play Safety too?
We'll see what Denver does at S position in 13. I expect Dawkins type signing but, we'll see if FO actually does upgrade.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-05-2013 at 10:14 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #87
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Agreed on these fronts. Denver should annually make an investment in the OL/DL. The good teams do. I think we have to find another DB, and a playmaker to eventually replace Stokely, either at TE or WR. That to me is probably the biggest concern unless we can sign somebody in FA.
Once we are there player wise, like other good teams seem to do devote a high draft choice to the LOS players.

Of the nine players there if you take one in the first every other year it would only take 18 years total to totally turn the enitre group over. Since most of these players can play as many as 12-14 years unless you have a raft of injuries to younger players yoi should be able to keep the entire LOS replenished with top talent as well as build great depth.

You of course will lose some to UFA so occasionally may have to dedicate your top two choices to replenish them. Or take them two in a row.

Hopefully we will get to the point that BPA is taken every year even if it is not a position of need.

I'd rather have three top flight OGs than one and maybe.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #88
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Agreed on these fronts. Denver should annually make an investment in the OL/DL. The good teams do. I think we have to find another DB, and a playmaker to eventually replace Stokely, either at TE or WR. That to me is probably the biggest concern unless we can sign somebody in FA.
Once we are there player wise, like other good teams seem to do devote a high draft choice to the LOS players.

Of the nine players there if you take one in the first every other year it would only take 18 years total to totally turn the enitre group over. Since most of these players can play as many as 12-14 years unless you have a raft of injuries to younger players yoi should be able to keep the entire LOS replenished with top talent as well as build great depth.

You of course will lose some to UFA so occasionally may have to dedicate your top two choices to replenish them. Or take them two in a row.

Hopefully we will get to the point that BPA is taken every year even if it is not a position of need.

I'd rather have three top flight OGs than one and maybe.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #89
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Tom had some good points that I agree with. I also thought Walton was playing well, especially with a new QB and the style that came with him, against high quality opponents, before getting injured. I think we're fine at center if he comes back healthy and we also resign Koppen. We need to get some depth guard though. Would love to see somebody come in and push Kuper and Beadles. Need a speedy slot guy. Of course a MLB, without question. Not in love with any of our safeties. Bring in somebody good, he'll take at least 1 of the safety spots. Difference maker at DT. I think our guys are hard working and fight their asses off but still would like to see a real talented hard worker to throw in the mix. Really interested to see how much Jackson improves this offseason. I liked what I saw from him last preseason. Add another RB to the mix, for depth.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #90
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Peyton Manning also turned the ball over on his first drive, for 7 points going the other way.
Because of a horrible PI no-call. That was on the refs, not Manning.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #91
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think MLB and SS are the priorities, at least for the defense. I guess Irving isn't working out since even Brooking played ahead of him. A bigger type safety would be nice at SS who could help support the run a bit better.

A slot WR with more speed would be nice as well. If the o-line is healthy, then that is fine, but depth is not very good there, so in case more injuries, they could use better talent as backups.

The DL is not as good as it needs to be IMO. I am thinking if they keep Dumervil, they are better off using more a 3-4 defense. Most teams play both 3-4 and 4-3 during games, but I don't like the idea of Miller being wasted so much in pass coverage. He is by far their best pass rusher. Dumervil just isn't a guy that can be counted on by himself to generate a pass rush and probably would be better moving around in an OLB type position, sort of like the way the Steelers use their OLB's.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #92
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Because of a horrible PI no-call. That was on the refs, not Manning.
Would that int happen without the PI? IMO nope. Decker wouldve done enough too either catch it or make it incomplete.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #93
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Just read that the Broncos have the easiest schedule going into next season, some food for thought.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #94
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Just read that the Broncos have the easiest schedule going into next season, some food for thought.
Food for thought that doesn't mean crap. I just need to keep cutting and pasting this since I type it a bunch of times over the year. The schedule is always harder than thought if it was supposed to be easy and the schedule is always easier than thought. Last years schedule was supposed to be brutal and wasn't that bad.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #95
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Every other team in the AFCW has an easier schedule than Denver. They have too
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #96
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Thanks to the west. Those 3 teams dropped that win percentage big time. The chiefs I think dropped it 19% by themselves.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #97
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Food for thought that doesn't mean crap. I just need to keep cutting and pasting this since I type it a bunch of times over the year. The schedule is always harder than thought if it was supposed to be easy and the schedule is always easier than thought. Last years schedule was supposed to be brutal and wasn't that bad.
^This.

Doesn't really mean anything. We do play the colts, pats, giants, redskins, texans this yr. All should be considered tough games.

Add in divisional games (yeah, I know, but divisional games are different..) and I'm sure a few upstart/suprise teams next year, and really it'll come down to whether or not the Broncos come out w/same focus this yr as last yr.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #98
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Every other team in the AFCW has an easier schedule than Denver. They have too
That's a good point. I never thought about it that way.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #99
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
No, Trindon Holliday did.

Manning gifted Baltimore 17 points. He played terribly and it's moronic to give him credit because the special teams played excellently and allowed the scoreboard to read closer than the game was.

Manning choked, like he always has in his career. He is who he is.
lol, I love how you ignore the fact that I said Manning didn't play his best game. I've said many times it was a team loss, combined with unispiring coaching and bad officiating. Yet the Broncos were in it until the end. Against a team that went to foxboro and dominated and then were dominating the Niners until a mysterious power outage.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #100
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's about moments. Manning has had a bit of poor play and a bit of bad luck conspire to make him lose in the playoffs. He played decently in the game vs the Ravens given the ****ty OL performance and, most importantly, the loss of Moreno's pass blocking.
Yeah, Manning played decently but really Balt had a lot of things bottled up - and as you mentioned had good pressure on him from all angles. And also like you said when Moreno went out there was two crucial plays where Ball and Hillman blew their protections.

Balt just outplayed and outcoached Denver, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote