The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Hell, if Matt Prater made his easy field goal attempt it wouldn't have even mattered in the first place.
52 yards against the wind in 0 degree weather is "easy"?!?

Now I KNOW you're just trolling.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
52 yards against the wind in 0 degree weather is "easy"?!?

Now I KNOW you're just trolling.
The argument for overpaying Matt Prater was that he made these type of kicks easily. It was an argument many people here made.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Bull****.

This team got to the same place it did last year.

It went 13-3 beating up on ****ty teams. The Broncos won two games against teams with winning records all season.
One of the teams we beat was the Ravens. And we beat them decisively.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #29
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
The argument for overpaying Matt Prater was that he made these type of kicks easily. It was an argument many people here made.
No, no it wasn't.

He has kicked well from long distance in the past, but he has never kicked one in conditions that bad before.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Bull****.

This team got to the same place it did last year.

It went 13-3 beating up on ****ty teams. The Broncos won two games against teams with winning records all season.
When Denver hit their stride, they annhilated teams. We werent just getting by, we ****ing killed them. We lost a game we should have won in the playoffs, in arctic tempertures when pretty much EVERY SINGLE THING went wrong in the game, and they still needed a prayer.

Im so ****ing sick of this "we got to the same point as last year" argument. Football isnt played in vacuums and sample sizes are small. If this years broncos team played the Tebow lead won and you had to bet your life on it, you'd pick Peyton's broncos a hundred times out of a hundred.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #31
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
The game wouldn't have ever gotten to that point if Champ or Manning hadn't made the mistakes they made in regulation either.
No way to prove that.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
52 yards against the wind in 0 degree weather is "easy"?!?

Now I KNOW you're just trolling.
Def not easy, but he wouldnt have made that kick from five yards haha
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #33
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,787
Default

We had :31 seconds to do something, in regulation. What did we do? Take a knee? We hadn't been able to stop them, all game. Why take a chance, in overtime? THAT is the play that will haunt me, forever (not the Rahim Moore play)...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #34
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
One of the teams we beat was the Ravens. And we beat them decisively.
Oh cool, I assume there's a good consolation prize for that, right?

The Broncos lost to 2/3 of the other AFC semi-finalists in the regular season, and lost the only game against them that mattered.

They beat the Ravens in the midst of an overhaul of their offense. Once that overhaul was complete, the Ravens were an entirely different team and they blew the Broncos away at home.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #35
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
they blew the Broncos away at home.
3 pts in OT is blowing someone away? Wow. Just wow.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #36
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
We had :31 seconds to do something, in regulation. What did we do? Take a knee? We hadn't been able to stop them, all game. Why take a chance, in overtime? THAT is the play that will haunt me, forever (not the Rahim Moore play)...
I know im in the minority, but i dont blame us for sitting on it. It was 30 seconds, going into the wind (right after the entire place just deflated), and it was like sitting in a freezer at that point.

If you give Fox the opportunity to replay that moment, perhaps he goes for it. But he's human and gave into emotion and, at that point, he was shell shocked.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #37
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
3 pts in OT is blowing someone away? Wow. Just wow.
Yes. The game was only that close because of two kick returns for a touchdown. Those will always be flukes, you cannot rely upon them.

The Ravens were the better team for five quarters and played the better game and anyone that disputes this is delusional.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #38
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Yeah, because one guy is a star and the other isn't so this star-****ing fanbase won't hold the famous guy accountable.
IS this Armchair Bronco? It has nothing to do with famous or not. Moore had one simple job, Bailey's job wasn't as easy as "Don't let the receiver get behind you." How hard is that?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #39
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

If you give Fox the opportunity to replay that moment, perhaps he goes for it. But he's human and gave into emotion and, at that point, he was shell shocked.
Fox is a coward and always will be a coward.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #40
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
They beat the Ravens in the midst of an overhaul of their offense.
The didn't really "overhaul" their offense. They were pretty much still running the same offense. One big difference I would concede, however, is that they were healthier in the playoffs and had revamped their O-line.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #41
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
IS this Armchair Bronco? It has nothing to do with famous or not. Moore had one simple job, Bailey's job wasn't as easy as "Don't let the receiver get behind you." How hard is that?
Is there a former user of this board I haven't been accused of being yet?

I'm everyone, and I'm noone. You'll never get an answer to your question.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Oh cool, I assume there's a good consolation prize for that, right?

The Broncos lost to 2/3 of the other AFC semi-finalists in the regular season, and lost the only game against them that mattered.

They beat the Ravens in the midst of an overhaul of their offense. Once that overhaul was complete, the Ravens were an entirely different team and they blew the Broncos away at home.
What game were you watching? The one I watched had the broncos beat themselves a bunch and then still were in a position to win the game (with a 97 percent win chance) until Rahim Moore epically ****ed up.

Yeah, Baltimore BLEW US AWAY.

You must be a miserable person.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #43
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
What game were you watching? The one I watched had the broncos beat themselves a bunch and then still were in a position to win the game (with a 97 percent win chance) until Rahim Moore epically ****ed up.

Yeah, Baltimore BLEW US AWAY.

You must be a miserable person.
, if you subscribe anything other than variance to the kick returns you're delusional.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #44
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Yes. The game was only that close because of two kick returns for a touchdown. Those will always be flukes, you cannot rely upon them.
Great. So if we didn't get the returns, I'd agree with you. It would've been a blowout. But WE DID get them. And they counted. The game went to OT. By definition, it wasn't a blowout. Sorry.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #45
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Is there a former user of this board I haven't been accused of being yet?

I'm everyone, and I'm noone. You'll never get an answer to your question.
Not a compliment. Just another guy that likes to argue for the sake of arguing. Another lawyer wannabe.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Yes. The game was only that close because of two kick returns for a touchdown. Those will always be flukes, you cannot rely upon them.

The Ravens were the better team for five quarters and played the better game and anyone that disputes this is delusional.
Special teams are part of the game. We played them well, they didn't. So we clearly outplayed them on those returns. We also were on the wrong end of several close/bad calls by the officials, and made one giant mistake that allowed them to tie the game in regulation on a garbage prayer of a play.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #47
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Great. So if we didn't get the returns, I'd agree with you. It would've been a blowout. But WE DID get them. And they counted. The game went to OT. By definition, it wasn't a blowout. Sorry.
When you're evaluating the standard of play displayed by the Broncos it absolutely was a blow out.

If the Broncos continue to play like that in games against good teams they won't win jack ****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #48
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
, if you subscribe anything other than variance to the kick returns you're delusional.
Variance? If that's your argument, then you have to acknowledge that statistically, 2 kick returns happen in a game more often than the Rahim Moore play does.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #49
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Variance? If that's your argument, then you have to acknowledge that statistically, 2 kick returns happen in a game more often than the Rahim Moore play does.
Take all three away and the Broncos still lose.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #50
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
, if you subscribe anything other than variance to the kick returns you're delusional.
Youre discussing variance on kick returns but not long bombs and oddly called penalties? Why does one suggests skill and the other doesn't. You're picking **** to fit your argument.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Denver Broncos