The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Put's the knife in and twists.

Adam Schefter

When the Ravens are voting on how to divvy up playoff shares, a full one should be awarded to Broncos S Rahim Moore.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

See, i like that this exists because its recognized that we ****ed up and beat ourselves. Bill Barnwell, in his ravens recap, mentioned that the Ravens deserved to win every game and if they somehow hadn't, it would have been an injustice...which annoyed the **** outta me.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

And one to Champ Bailey, and two to Peyton Manning, and three to John Fox.

Anyone that blames Moore is an idiot looking for a scapegoat to make themselves feel better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Beej
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Don't forget the refs... oh wait, they already paid them.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Anyone that blames Moore is an idiot looking for a scapegoat to make themselves feel better.
He makes the play there, we win. Period. You can argue all you want about Champ, Manning and Fox.....but despite those three guys clearly not having their best days, we still had that game won up until that Moore play.

That one play completely took the wind out of our sails and lost it for us. We simply couldn't get our mojo back after that. No other play had such an influence over the outcome of the game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
And one to Champ Bailey, and two to Peyton Manning, and three to John Fox.

Anyone that blames Moore is an idiot looking for a scapegoat to make themselves feel better.
Moore had ONE JOB to do on that play.

It's about knowing the situation, being aware of where you are. His ONE JOB was to make sure the WR did not get behind him.

He failed to do his ONE JOB, and now the city of Baltimore is hosting a parade.

He's not the only reason Denver lost. But, as a team they had the game won until Moore didn't do his ONE JOB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
He makes the play there, we win. Period. You can argue all you want about Champ, Manning and Fox.....but despite those three guys clearly not having their best days, we still had that game won up until that Moore play.

That one play completely took the wind out of our sails and lost it for us. We simply couldn't get our mojo back after that. No other play had such an influence over the outcome of the game.
You're putting too much stock into that one play because it happened late in the game.

If Champ Bailey had made the play just once on any of the multiple times he was embarrassed, we win. Period.

If Manning had made the play on any of the three times he gave Baltimore the ball in scoring range, we win. Period.

To act as if the Moore play had more influence on the game than any of those others is retarded. It caused seven points to be put on the board, just like Peyton's pick six and Bailey being burned by Smith.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Moore had ONE JOB to do on that play.

It's about knowing the situation, being aware of where you are. His ONE JOB was to make sure the WR did not get behind him.

He failed to do his ONE JOB, and now the city of Baltimore is hosting a parade.

He's not the only reason Denver lost. But, as a team they had the game won until Moore didn't do his ONE JOB.
Champ ****ed up his ONE JOB multiple times.

If Champ Bailey did his ONE JOB the Broncos wouldnt have lost.

But I forgot that this fanbase is full of cowards who won't go after its stars and only tears down people as scapegoats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
If Champ Bailey had made the play just once on any of the multiple times he was embarrassed, we win. Period.

If Manning had made the play on any of the three times he gave Baltimore the ball in scoring range, we win. Period.
False.

Those plays were so early in the game, they would've changed every play call afterwards and there's no telling what might've happened then. You can't say "we win, period".
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Champ ****ed up his ONE JOB multiple times.

If Champ Bailey did his ONE JOB the Broncos wouldnt have lost.

But I forgot that this fanbase is full of cowards who won't go after its stars and only tears down people as scapegoats.
THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Rahim Moore's one job was to play the deep bomb and not let his WR get behind him. Period.

At no point was that Champ's responsibility in the plays he got burned. If it was, he would've been playing 20+ yard off coverage. Not bump and run from the LOS. Full man to man coverage from the LOS is FAR different from deep safety prevent coverage where you literally can let the guy catch the ball anywhere and everywhere short of you.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Champ ****ed up his ONE JOB multiple times.

If Champ Bailey did his ONE JOB the Broncos wouldnt have lost.

But I forgot that this fanbase is full of cowards who won't go after its stars and only tears down people as scapegoats.
Not even close to the same thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Not even close to the same thing.
Yeah, because one guy is a star and the other isn't so this star-****ing fanbase won't hold the famous guy accountable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,907
Default

This Is All Your Fault, Rahim Moore




Thanks a lot. All you had to do was make a routine play on a desperation heave and Ray Lewis’ farewell holy deer antler stabquest would have ended quietly three weeks ago. But noooooooo, you had to be all out of position and let Jacoby Jones get behind you to score the tying touchdown when the Broncos had the Ravens beat. I would have gladly spent the last few weeks being told that Peyton Manning is a legend and that John Elway is a genius rather than have people explain that Ray Lewis is a hero whose PED use shouldn’t be paid any mind.

Now we have to spend seven months, if not FOREVER, listening to the media invent ways to give that useless old linebacker credit for inspired his team to run for glory. Because he damn sure didn’t do jack sh*t on the field. I hope you and Chris Culliver get chronic anal leakage and have to live in a cave for the rest of your lives because no one will tolerate your smell. Though in the case of Culliver, enough people hate him as it is.


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...him-moore.html
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Yeah, because one guy is a star and the other isn't so this star-****ing fanbase won't hold the famous guy accountable.
Guys get burnt deep all the time in the NFL playing one on one coverage. Players playing Moore's position and in the situation never ever get beat deep. I seriously can't think of one time of it happening. I can see them getting beat on jump balls and tipped passes but never by the WR getting behind them and still catching the ball on an underthrown pass where Jones actually had to stop and wait for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Let's also all recognize the fact that Rahim Moore's play didn't lose the game.

Manning's interception in overtime did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
You're putting too much stock into that one play because it happened late in the game.

If Champ Bailey had made the play just once on any of the multiple times he was embarrassed, we win. Period.

If Manning had made the play on any of the three times he gave Baltimore the ball in scoring range, we win. Period.

To act as if the Moore play had more influence on the game than any of those others is retarded. It caused seven points to be put on the board, just like Peyton's pick six and Bailey being burned by Smith.
Are we rewriting history to say Peyton was really bad in regulation? Im a broken record, but he had a 100 rating and 3 tds in regulation. I guess if he throws an incompletion or doesnt throw 29034850395 tds, he's ****.

Some people are hard to please.

And Peyton's pick six is either pinned on a horrible non PI call (which it was) or decker.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Let's also all recognize the fact that Rahim Moore's play didn't lose the game.

Manning's interception in overtime did.
the ravens were not in field goal range with that INT....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Let's also all recognize the fact that Rahim Moore's play didn't lose the game.

Manning's interception in overtime did.
The whole point was the game should have never gotten to that point. No one is absolving Manning of all guilt, but had Rahim done his simple job, the Broncos win and NE comes into Denver
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #19
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Guys get burnt deep all the time in the NFL playing one on one coverage. Players playing Moore's position and in the situation never ever get beat deep. I seriously can't think of one time of it happening. I can see them getting beat on jump balls and tipped passes but never by the WR getting behind them and still catching the ball on an underthrown pass where Jones actually had to stop and wait for it.
It's amazing how many times the Ravens were successful in these playoffs either throwing the ball up seemingly for grabs, or going deep and having DB's misplay it. Happened at least a few times against Indy, and obviously happened to us. I couldn't bring myself to watch the game against NE so I don't know if it happened in that game. And then they did it again against the Niners. And they were doing it strategically, not as a fluke.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Let's also all recognize the fact that Rahim Moore's play didn't lose the game.

Manning's interception in overtime did.
Lol, I'm not going recognize that "fact"
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

And, also, I know this is a what have you done for me lately kind of crowd, but if anyone on our team deserves to be cut some slack, its Peyton.

The dude transformed Denver into a super bowl contender. He's the best player on the team. He's also a human being that won't be perfect all the time, but my God, people getting on his case is really strange to me.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It's amazing how many times the Ravens were successful in these playoffs either throwing the ball up seemingly for grabs, or going deep and having DB's misplay it. Happened at least a few times against Indy, and obviously happened to us. I couldn't bring myself to watch the game against NE so I don't know if it happened in that game. And then they did it again against the Niners. And they were doing it strategically, not as a fluke.
I mentioned this in another thread. At some point late in the year (might have even been the wildcard), they discovered that throwing the ball up for grabs to Anquan Boldin was a smart move. They didnt do this for much of the year and wore it out in the playoffs.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
The whole point was the game should have never gotten to that point. No one is absolving Manning of all guilt, but had Rahim done his simple job, the Broncos win and NE comes into Denver
The game wouldn't have ever gotten to that point if Champ or Manning hadn't made the mistakes they made in regulation either.

Moore ****ed up, but so did many other people on that team.

Hell, if Matt Prater made his easy field goal attempt it wouldn't have even mattered in the first place.

Blaming Moore is a cop out, and it's being used to pretend that the entire team outside of the special teams unit didn't play like **** in that game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #24
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Guys get burnt deep all the time in the NFL playing one on one coverage. Players playing Moore's position and in the situation never ever get beat deep. I seriously can't think of one time of it happening. I can see them getting beat on jump balls and tipped passes but never by the WR getting behind them and still catching the ball on an underthrown pass where Jones actually had to stop and wait for it.
Was the Jacoby Jones TD in the superbowl man coverage? Because they looked awfully similar.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #25
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

The dude transformed Denver into a super bowl contender.
Bull****.

This team got to the same place it did last year.

It went 13-3 beating up on ****ty teams. The Broncos won two games against teams with winning records all season.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Denver Broncos