The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #76
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Why should this year be any different?
Very true. Also, both our HC and DC have histories of not using resources on DT.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #77
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Bannan made $1 million last season. If we're going to spend more to replace him with Knighton (who looks to be about even with Vickerson, talent wise), I'd much rather forget Knighton and spend a few extra million for Melton, even if that meant he was the only change we made to the DL.

I think you might be disappointed with the attention that gets shown to DT this offseason. I don't think it will be a priority.
What about the kid from Detroit? Sammie Lee Hill is also a FA. He could start for most NFL teams. Much better than Knighton or Melton IMO.

I just want the team to be able to generate pressure both inside and out. We are set on the outside with Dumervil & Miller. Wolfe has shown he can get pressure inside, but still gets pushed around a liitle in the run game. We need a DT that can do both.

Who is the best DT in this years draft? One that is both stout against the run and has shown he can also generate sacks from the interior.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #78
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Getting rid of Doom makes zero sense... Another great plan by the mane... I would agree that getting another DL would be great for depth and pass rushing! I'm still holding out hope that Irving comes through. He did look better in his very limited action. I would be all for getting another stud pass rushing DE someone like Datone Jones would be A OK in my book. Or someone like William Gholston later in the draft.
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #79
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Very true. Also, both our HC and DC have histories of not using resources on DT.
I will probably be disappointed. I think it's a position that needs upgrading.. This is difficult, I like Wolfes roll at DE but I think he could be effective at DT..
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #80
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What about the kid from Detroit? Sammie Lee Hill is also a FA. He could start for most NFL teams. Much better than Knighton or Melton IMO.

I just want the team to be able to generate pressure both inside and out. We are set on the outside with Dumervil & Miller. Wolfe has shown he can get pressure inside, but still gets pushed around a liitle in the run game. We need a DT that can do both.

Who is the best DT in this years draft? One that is both stout against the run and has shown he can also generate sacks from the interior.
Hill is not much better than Melton or Knighton..
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #81
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Wolfe was a rookie, of course he got pushed around. I wouldn't be surprised if he played inside more, and Hunter/Ayers/Jackson played at DE.

If you are looking for a DT that can provide pressure and stay stout against the run, that's Melton.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #82
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Hill is not much better than Melton or Knighton..
WTF...

Hill isn't CLOSE to Knighton's class and not even worthy to breath the same air as Melton.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #83
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
WTF...

Hill isn't CLOSE to Knighton's class and not even worthy to breath the same air as Melton.
I was trying to be nice to Traveler. He said Samie Lee Hill was much better than both of them.. I think it came of like I was agreeing? But deff wasn't.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #84
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
cut him and trade for revis
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #85
DENVERDUI55

This is just a made up scenerio but if involving Doom in a trade for Revis and then sign Paul Kruger I would be all for that.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #86
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This is just a made up scenerio but if involving Doom in a trade for Revis and then sign Paul Kruger I would be all for that.
Dumb like a blonde. Getting Revis to a long term contract would cost us way more than paying Doom his worth. That Dude is looking to get paid like the top DEF player in the history of the game. You want to pony up another 100 mill contract? or say something close to a 4 year 60 mill contract? Plus the 5-6 mill per year that Kruger will get?

Not worth it. Keep building around our great pass rush. If you have such a big hard on for Revis, we could always dangle our 1st pick and see what else they are asking for. But in no way trade Doom for Revis. We aren't guaranteed at landing the top FA's DE in the market unless we overpay for them. That would mean over paying for Revis and the DE that would come in and replace Doom.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #87
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
WTF...

What do you think of Desmond Bryant?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #88
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
You want to pony up another 100 mill contract? or say something close to a 4 year 60 mill contract? Plus the 5-6 mill per year that Kruger will get?
Kruger at 5-6 million would be as steal.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #89
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Detailed post on Doom's contract:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-is-a-good-one
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #90
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I think they make him a priority, he's arguably the best DT on the roster. Kelly and Seymour will probably both be gone.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #91
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Something to think about moving forward is 3 teams will be switching to the 3-4..Eagles, Saints, and Bronws and one is going to the 4-3 the Cowboys. That changes how they draft and what they do in free agency.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #92
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Less interesting in move Dumervil, then getting him some help to spot him during games. I though the last couple of years he has worn down toward the end of the season and would benefit from someone playing 10 to 15 snaps for him early in the season to keep him fresh.
No offense but frankly you do not pay a guy that kind of money to take plays off.

While I'm all for getting him help on the DL other than natural rotation of the guys, spelling him to save him from wearing down late in the season pleeeeeeease
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #93
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Less interesting in move Dumervil, then getting him some help to spot him during games. I though the last couple of years he has worn down toward the end of the season and would benefit from someone playing 10 to 15 snaps for him early in the season to keep him fresh.
No offense but frankly you do not pay a guy that kind of money to take plays off.

While I'm all for getting him help on the DL other than natural rotation of the guys, spelling him to save him from wearing down late in the season pleeeeeeease
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #94
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
2011 & 2012 were the high points of his contract, salary wise. He gets cheaper every year from now on. Also, he is one of the 10 best passrushers in the league (or at least was this season).

Keep him.
I agree we should keep him but Denver still has to pay him $30M over the next three years, $12M this year, $10M next year and $8M in 2015.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #95
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
10 + sacks and a bunch of forced FF.... Im going to say hell no, he is invaluable as a pass rusher, you dont give those kinds of guys away.

but it does deserve a discussion for offseason pruposes..

aCTUALLY this a well deserved discussion.

He is our best pass rushing lineman and he can't get it done regularly and last few games not even when it counted the most.

He needs some d- line help..................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #96
Agamemnon

The very existence of this thread is proof that humanity is too stupid to live...
Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #97
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The very existence of this thread is proof that humanity is too stupid to live...
I so agree, in no way, no matter how you look at it Denver does not get better by cutting Doom.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #98
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I like him, but I don't think it'd be much of an upgrade over our current depth and youth tends to cost more.

To put it another way: He's never been a guy I've worried about Denver game planning against, and he'd be a nice addition, but nothing I'd be really excited about.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #99
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
I agree we should keep him but Denver still has to pay him $30M over the next three years, $12M this year, $10M next year and $8M in 2015.
... and?

Minnesota has to pay Allen $32 million over the next two years.

KC has to pay Hali $39 million over the next three years.

Dallas has to pay Ware $43 million over the next three years.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #100
ThirtyDegrees

Elite 4-3 weakside rushers are among the hardest players to find in football.

Getting rid of Dumervil would be one of the dumbest moves this team has ever made.