The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #76
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

How #29 didn't get thrown out is really suspicious

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #77
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

That 29 pushing the ref was shown on the initial replay in plain sight but did the annoucers even mention it? It seemed like they showed it before they realized what happened and then didn't show or mention it again... why? The cynic would say to keep it under wraps and not bring attention to the cover up.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #78
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Mike Pereira said it was a good call.

Is it just me, or does Pereira remind you a little of this guy?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #79
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

The WR in the slot on the other side was held worse and Mangini showed it on his telliprompterscreen thing
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #80
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
There were 2 holding non calls on the 9ers 4th down play according to Mangini and he showed them in detail
Where did you see this? ESPN?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #81
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
How #29 didn't get thrown out is really suspicious

people still think it's not fixed..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #82
jerseyboiler120

This postseason was fixed beyond all belief. Anyone who honestly believes the murderering thugs played the best and won it on merit please give me a call I have some great swampland in florida to sell you.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #83
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Yes to the Giants, I forgot about them. Jets, not so much.
Why?

Biggest media market in the country. If they could have a Jets/Giants super bowl next year IN New York, Goodell's cock would explode in happiness.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #84
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Here's the main one:

The NFL is the most popular form of entertainment in America. It's not close. All their games rate incredibly well, and the super bowl is a holiday regardless of who is in it. Hell, even markets dont matter to the NFL, Green Bay does just fine and its a tiny town.

So why would the NFL EVER EVER risk credibility to push a storyline that would do absolutely nothing in regards to the popularity of the sport? And, if they did do such things (which would be asinine), why would pushing a Ray Lewis story be the way to go? You really think that was the best storyline of all possible storylines?

How does that make ANY sense to you? This is hardly some fledgling league looking for publicity stunts.
That's not a very good argument.

You think the NFL risks ANYTHING by pushing a storyline? Get a job, man.

You get a redemption story, which the league LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES, on top of the "we did it for Mr. Modell!" bull****, on top of the Flaccid reinvention, on top of the Harbowl... and it's meaningless?

The Super Bowl yesterday was the most-watched in history. Prolly just for the commercials, though.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #85
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
We need players like Elway...
The Elway who lost three super bowls? The one who put up 7 points against the Bills in the 1991 AFC Championship game? Or the one with TD in the backfield?

You can't win them all, but idiots are happy to buy into post hoc narratives.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #86
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
That's not a very good argument.

You think the NFL risks ANYTHING by pushing a storyline? Get a job, man.

You get a redemption story, which the league LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES, on top of the "we did it for Mr. Modell!" bull****, on top of the Flaccid reinvention, on top of the Harbowl... and it's meaningless?

The Super Bowl yesterday was the most-watched in history. Prolly just for the commercials, though.
This is insane. First off, pending on which report you read, your last point isn't exactly true.

((((From AP: Updated at 2:11 p.m.: Nielsen estimated Monday afternoon that 108.4 million total viewers watched this year's game, which makes it the third-most watched program ever, behind the 2010 and 2011 Super Bowls.]

The Green Bay Packers' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2011 drew a 47.9 rating; the New York Giants' victory over the New England Patriots in 2012 got a 48.1 rating.)))

Secondly, the numbers are more or less on par with past years.

Thirdly, you are INSANE if the NFL would risk credibility to push an ART MODELL storyline. Are you ****ing out of your mind? You think anyone gives a **** about Art Modell? Joe Flacco? They don't even care about Ray Lewis. If the league wanted its most popular players in the Super Bowl, somehow the Broncos and Redskins would have gotten in.

Again, the NFL is KING in america. It does not need to FIX ITS GAMES for a storyline.

Youre crazy.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #87
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
This is insane. First off, pending on which report you read, your last point isn't exactly true.

((((From AP: Updated at 2:11 p.m.: Nielsen estimated Monday afternoon that 108.4 million total viewers watched this year's game, which makes it the third-most watched program ever, behind the 2010 and 2011 Super Bowls.]

The Green Bay Packers' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2011 drew a 47.9 rating; the New York Giants' victory over the New England Patriots in 2012 got a 48.1 rating.)))

Secondly, the numbers are more or less on par with past years.

Thirdly, you are INSANE if the NFL would risk credibility to push an ART MODELL storyline. Are you ****ing out of your mind? You think anyone gives a **** about Art Modell? Joe Flacco? They don't even care about Ray Lewis. If the league wanted its most popular players in the Super Bowl, somehow the Broncos and Redskins would have gotten in.

Again, the NFL is KING in america. It does not need to FIX ITS GAMES for a storyline.

Youre crazy.
You're right. It's not totally absurd that a **** matchup between Baltimore and San Fran is the third-most watched Super Bowl, behind matchups with premiere teams like New England, New York, Green Bay and Pittsburgh. TOTALLY makes sense that this **** matchup would be right behind those two games, since nobody cares at all about matchups.

I don't think the league gives a flying **** about "giving the people" a Modell storyline. I think the league wanted a Modell storyline. Period.

The league can have its two most popular players next year. There is no option for the Ray Lewis Redemption Tour next season, is there?

Sorry kiddo. There are plenty of reasons that a lot of people can see why the league MIGHT fix some games here and there, or increase some odds here and there with officiating, to get the Ravens into the big chair. I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm saying I can see the reasons why.

You can't, and that's your deal. By all means, keep those eyes firmly closed.

The NFL is so popular, A) nobody is going to care if they did push a storyline, and B) even if they did, even if it was proven that some games were fixed, the NFL's popularity wouldn't be touched.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #88
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
I dont really know what you want from them, its human error. That will never change. My guess is the NFL is fine with the refs performance because it wont affect ratings or the bottom line, but something id really consider is making PI reviewable.
THIS! I'd like to see any turnover/TD reviewed, with the review official obligated and empowered to call a PI penalty on either team, if the replay shows that the PI was clear and effectively caused the TD to happen. I would not review holding penalties, because, as we all know, holding happens on every play Also, the Review offical should be off the field and have authority over the field crew. The on the field head ref will enforce what the replay official calls.

Replay tech is good enough that bad calls or non calls should be corrected before the games result is affected. The officials don't want their purview overturned by tech but frankly the game is too fast for them to get it right all the time, and they use that excuse too often to excuse poor officiating.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #89
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
...if the replay shows that the PI was clear...
Yup, PI is such a huge call that they really need to consider opening it up to replay. I say "huge call" because it can result in such a big change in yardage and outcome. For example, in this case (Sunday's game) if they make the correct call San Fran probably wins the Super Bowl instead of Baltimore.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #90
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
You're right. It's not totally absurd that a **** matchup between Baltimore and San Fran is the third-most watched Super Bowl, behind matchups with premiere teams like New England, New York, Green Bay and Pittsburgh. TOTALLY makes sense that this **** matchup would be right behind those two games, since nobody cares at all about matchups.

I don't think the league gives a flying **** about "giving the people" a Modell storyline. I think the league wanted a Modell storyline. Period.

The league can have its two most popular players next year. There is no option for the Ray Lewis Redemption Tour next season, is there?

Sorry kiddo. There are plenty of reasons that a lot of people can see why the league MIGHT fix some games here and there, or increase some odds here and there with officiating, to get the Ravens into the big chair. I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm saying I can see the reasons why.

You can't, and that's your deal. By all means, keep those eyes firmly closed.

The NFL is so popular, A) nobody is going to care if they did push a storyline, and B) even if they did, even if it was proven that some games were fixed, the NFL's popularity wouldn't be touched.
You're a conspiracy theorist arent you?

This is not "fixing a game here and there" Youre claiming the NFL FIXED the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS for a storyline when the NFL does not need to do that. Why would the NFL ever ever ever risk its credibility? In the era of wikileaks and whatnot, its hard to keep that kind of **** under wraps.

Picture this headline: NFL FIXES 2013 PLAYOFFS AS ART MODELL TRIBUTE you REALLY think people wouldnt jump ship? And youd, as a fan, would think "oh that seems worth it to them, what a moment that was"

You also realize Ray Lewis was not the most popular player in the league, right? In a poll last year, the top was Polamalu (63 percent approval), followed by...Drew Brees and Charles Woodson (62 percent), Peyton Manning (59 percent), Aaron Rodgers and Rob Gronkowski (58 percent), and Robert Griffin III, Brian Urlacher and Donald Driver (57 percent).

Sorry, "kiddo." My eyes are wide open because I'm a rational human being. If NFL games are fixed, its a gambling thing...not because of storylines which can be created out of thin air, for a sport people will watch anyway.

This is the sword you want to fall on? Really?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #91
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
and Rob Gronkowski (58 percent)
Wow, that one's shocking. Never knew the LGBT'ers made up so much of the NFL fanbase.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #92
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
You also realize Ray Lewis was not the most popular player in the league, right? In a poll last year, the top was Polamalu (63 percent approval), followed by...Drew Brees and Charles Woodson (62 percent), Peyton Manning (59 percent), Aaron Rodgers and Rob Gronkowski (58 percent), and Robert Griffin III, Brian Urlacher and Donald Driver (57 percent).
And how many of those guys have NOT be in a recent SB? I count one and he's a rookie.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #93
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
And how many of those guys have NOT be in a recent SB? I count one and he's a rookie.
That's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Players who win tend to become popular.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #94
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
You're a conspiracy theorist arent you?

This is not "fixing a game here and there" Youre claiming the NFL FIXED the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS for a storyline when the NFL does not need to do that. Why would the NFL ever ever ever risk its credibility? In the era of wikileaks and whatnot, its hard to keep that kind of **** under wraps.

Picture this headline: NFL FIXES 2013 PLAYOFFS AS ART MODELL TRIBUTE you REALLY think people wouldnt jump ship? And youd, as a fan, would think "oh that seems worth it to them, what a moment that was"

Sorry, "kiddo." My eyes are wide open because I'm a rational human being. If NFL games are fixed, its a gambling thing...not because of storylines which can be created out of thin air, for a sport people will watch anyway.

This is the sword you want to fall on? Really?
Guess you missed the part where I said I didn't think the games were fixed. Either that, or you have trouble with reading comprehension.

Is that the issue? Inability to understand the words written right in front of your face?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #95
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Uh, cool.

Ray Lewis was also featured in the biggest-selling product the league puts out every year: Madden 13. He wasn't the cover boy, but the opening sequences are all focused on a shadowed character, Ray Ray's voice talking about dedication and focus and hard work and blah blah blah blah blah... the camera slowly pans in to show... Ray, at his locker...

But sure. he's not popular enough for the league to focus on him.

Your ideas are really kewl.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #96
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Uh, cool.

Ray Lewis was also featured in the biggest-selling product the league puts out every year: Madden 13. He wasn't the cover boy, but the opening sequences are all focused on a shadowed character, Ray Ray's voice talking about dedication and focus and hard work and blah blah blah blah blah... the camera slowly pans in to show... Ray, at his locker...

But sure. he's not popular enough for the league to focus on him.

Your ideas are really kewl.
Keep falling on your dumb sword about this dumber topic and insulting my intelligence. It makes you look really smart.

Type Ray Lewis into Google right now and youll see the SECOND subject to come up in the auto is "ray lewis murders." Yeah, this whole thing is fixed so the NFL can push a storyline. God, if the American public thinks like you, i weap for it.

You are one of those people who really hates to admit they are wrong. But keep arguing this stupid point.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #97
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Some focused on that singular picture of the unreachable ball and attempted to contend that there should be no penalty because, after all, it was an uncatchable pass. This amused Hall of Fame Raiders coach John Madden, who saw the game larger than life on his multi-screen, mega-sized, Maddenplex in Pleasanton, Calif.

"I heard somebody said it was an uncatchable ball," Madden said Monday. "That's a bunch of baloney. Of course if the receiver is held he cannot get to the ball, so it appears uncatchable."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/super-b...4590--nfl.html
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #98
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It did seem obvious to me too...it wsnt a perfectly thrown ball, but it could have been caught
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #99
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Keep falling on your dumb sword about this dumber topic and insulting my intelligence. It makes you look really smart.

Type Ray Lewis into Google right now and youll see the SECOND subject to come up in the auto is "ray lewis murders." Yeah, this whole thing is fixed so the NFL can push a storyline. God, if the American public thinks like you, i weap for it.

You are one of those people who really hates to admit they are wrong. But keep arguing this stupid point.
NFL is fixed..it is done by ref's.
I don't know what world you live in.
People were saying the same thing about soccer..look how many games were fixed.
Don't worry..you will know the truth in near future.
Hopefully, you will not be shocked at that time.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #100
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
NFL is fixed..it is done by ref's.
I don't know what world you live in.
People were saying the same thing about soccer..look how many games were fixed.
Don't worry..you will know the truth in near future.
Hopefully, you will not be shocked at that time.
Fixed for who exactly? NFL? The city of Baltimore? The state of Maryland? Vegas? If it was fixed you would've had Eli vs Peyton. You would have the cash cow that are the cowboys making it. Vegas fixes this game no way do you see a safety happen in it. At the start of this year nobody was thinking, lets put the ravens in the superbowl cause it will benefit the NFL the most. Smh at the stupidity in this world. Trying to compare soccer??

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 02-05-2013 at 10:38 AM..