The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming

For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Can some one tell me. Why wasn't he cut after the game?
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
One of the most idiotic plays of all time. Our very own Buckner play we can always hold onto.
I don't know what this whole "Get over it" concept is. I'll be pissed about that play twenty years from now. It was inexcusable and humiliated the whole team.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't know what this whole "Get over it" concept is. I'll be pissed about that play twenty years from now. It was inexcusable and humiliated the whole team.
Yeah, I'm not going to pretend like everything is hunky dory the next time he makes a decent play either. Which I'm sure the fan police will break out with a "for those of you that doubted Rahim Moore" thread the next INT the kid gets. Screw that, he's responsible for the greatest individual **** up in Bronco history. He could have a 7 INT year in 2013-2014 and I'd still be pissed. Honestly, I hope the team unloads him in the off-season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I always thought Mcd will be on top of the list that screwed the franchise until the nightmare happened..
I hate Moore more than Mcd.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I always thought Mcd will be on top of the list that screwed the franchise until the nightmare happened..
I hate Moore more than Mcd.
I think you hate the entire organization pretty much the same.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #31
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Don't forget 4th and 29. Ravens don't make the playoffs without that epic fail!
Yes they would have, as a wild card
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #32
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I would never allow myself to be so shortsighted as to judge a person based on one play. Body of work will always take precedence for me. Not to mention, as much as that play stands out, one play was not the reason for a loss, did that play keep us from sealing a win, yes. There was also an entire football game played, and plenty of blame to go around. It is silly to pin it one one player.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #33
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I would never allow myself to be so shortsighted as to judge a person based on one play. Body of work will always take precedence for me. Not to mention, as much as that play stands out, one play was not the reason for a loss, did that play keep us from sealing a win, yes. There was also an entire football game played, and plenty of blame to go around. It is silly to pin it one one player.

Yeah well, good for you being all rational and well-reasoned, but don't expect us superior fans to react the same way!.

I can't stand Rahim Moore and wish we hadn't drafted him.
BroncoSojia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #34
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think you hate the entire organization pretty much the same.
is hating Mcd and Moore is same as hating the entire organization
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #35
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Same was said about the replacement refs for about 24 hrs after that debacle in Seattle. Until the real refs were suddenly re-signed "out of the blue".
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #36
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Unloading him would be absolutely idiotic... but I would expect nothing less then that genius though from the mane...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...him-moore.html
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #38
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
is hating Mcd and Moore is same as hating the entire organization
No. But the rest of your posts scattered around includes everyone else. Especially Fox. If only you hated those 2 the OM wouldn't give you a such a hard time.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Look, there is just no Objective way to look at this. I thought I was over it too, but I could not watch a damn thing leading up to the SB. The Kid blew it and its not like he was anywhere near replacement value as a FS either during the season. Not exactly what you want to see out of a second round, first Safety drafted type of player with 32 starts in 2 years.

I am trying to not hate on the kid for One play, so I went back and looked at his season and wanted to find the plays he made to help this defense. There simply were not many. Maybe 3 above average plays all year. I just wanted to see the good that all the people say they saw all year long. I did not get to break down every game during the season like I normally do, and I wanted to prove this kid was more than the limited things I remembered poorly about him.

He is an average NFL safety right now, who is not the solid Center Fielder with Instincts he was drafted to be. He is still too damn slow Mentally to take advantage of his physical tools at the NFL level after 2 years. I do the numbers with guys like him, and very few suddenly wake up mentally at that position and become elite players after 3 years. CB's do mentally make that leap much more often than safety's.

I want to beleive in this kid, but I can not find one redeeming quality in his play right now to hang a hat on.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #40
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
more like John Fox Super Bowl XLVII MVP
QFT

Whoever made the decision to take a knee (Fox or McCoy) did a lot more damage, than Rahim Moore. Moore made a bad play. Taking a knee is akin to surrendering...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #41
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
That's just it. His body of work is mediocre at best. He was injured/benched as a rookie. He improved in his 2nd year, but it's not like he was this dynamic playmaker either. He's a serviceable player who committed the biggest screwup in franchise history. He's our Earnest Byner, only Earnest Byner was a pro-bowler and actually an above-average player.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #42
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
That's just it. His body of work is mediocre at best. He was injured/benched as a rookie. He improved in his 2nd year, but it's not like he was this dynamic playmaker either. He's a serviceable player who committed the biggest screwup in franchise history. He's our Earnest Byner, only Earnest Byner was a pro-bowler and actually an above-average player.
His body of work is incomplete, this was his first full time starting season, and showed marked improvement. Before that moment, his growth was considered a very bright aspect to Denver's future. As egregious as that error was, it doesn't change those things. He isn't suddenly no longer young and improving. He wasn't suddenly a liability all year. He is a young player who screwed up at a big moment. That doesn't have to be his legacy, he manned up about it and is taking it on the chin. I look forward to seeing how he responds. Maybe he washes out and you guys can hold all that hate in your little hearts forever and feel justified. I'm letting it go.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #43
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I went back and watched the game. It's truly amazing how many retarded plays Denver made throughout the course of that game, along w/ the officials just blowing it. Obviously, Rahim Moore's **** up looks even worse in hindsight. Matt Prater's screwup on the FG kick was really bad as well. Peyton Manning is not absent of responsibility either. That Stokely pass was WIDE open that got picked in OT, and he short armed it to the only place the CB could have caught it.

The crazy thing to think about is HOW MUCH BETTER DENVER was than Baltimore, the eventual super bowl champions. We smoked them at home and if not for a bunch of bull****, we would have smoked them in the playoffs too. Look at the 1st two TD's for Baltimore, they get bailed out on 3rd and 8 at their 8 on their 2nd drive of the game by a STUPID PI call on Tony Carter. They threw an incompletion, would have had to punt there, with Holiday, we probably get that kick at worst around the 50. That's a 10-14 pt swing. Look at the NO CALL on the PI on Decker where he got hit in the back before the ball got there, bounces up and Baltimore catches it for a pick 6, possibly another 10-14 pt swing there.

Just really unbelievable. We should have trounced these guys and if the refs hadn't been the great equalizer, it would not have even been a game. Add in the pressure Denver had to perform in bad weather, officials calling it sideways, two startings HB's out of the game w/ injury and a bunch of bogus PI calls, non calls, holding calls, non-holding calls (look at the 2nd Torrey Smith TD catch before halftime, where Von Miller gets headlocked by the RT, BULL**** NO CALL), we should have beaten Baltimore. Just really a mother****er all the way around looking back on it.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #44
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I want to beleive in this kid, but I can not find one redeeming quality in his play right now to hang a hat on.
Pretty solid tackler? At least vastly improved from his rookie year.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #45
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Unloading him would be absolutely idiotic... but I would expect nothing less then that genius though from the mane...
I agree, but I don't think he'll start next year.

If I had full control:

Champ would move to free safety.
Carter would start at strong safety
Harris would move to the first safety option (Champ's spot). I think Harris is a pro-bowl talent.
Carter/Bolden would compete for the other safety, with the loser coming in at Nickel.

Moore would be the dime safety or possibly even the nickel corner against certain teams.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #46
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I went back and watched the game. It's truly amazing how many retarded plays Denver made throughout the course of that game, along w/ the officials just blowing it. Obviously, Rahim Moore's **** up looks even worse in hindsight. Matt Prater's screwup on the FG kick was really bad as well. Peyton Manning is not absent of responsibility either. That Stokely pass was WIDE open that got picked in OT, and he short armed it to the only place the CB could have caught it.

The crazy thing to think about is HOW MUCH BETTER DENVER was than Baltimore, the eventual super bowl champions. We smoked them at home and if not for a bunch of bull****, we would have smoked them in the playoffs too. Look at the 1st two TD's for Baltimore, they get bailed out on 3rd and 8 at their 8 on their 2nd drive of the game by a STUPID PI call on Tony Carter. They threw an incompletion, would have had to punt there, with Holiday, we probably get that kick at worst around the 50. That's a 10-14 pt swing. Look at the NO CALL on the PI on Decker where he got hit in the back before the ball got there, bounces up and Baltimore catches it for a pick 6, possibly another 10-14 pt swing there.

Just really unbelievable. We should have trounced these guys and if the refs hadn't been the great equalizer, it would not have even been a game. Add in the pressure Denver had to perform in bad weather, officials calling it sideways, two startings HB's out of the game w/ injury and a bunch of bogus PI calls, non calls, holding calls, non-holding calls (look at the 2nd Torrey Smith TD catch before halftime, where Von Miller gets headlocked by the RT, BULL**** NO CALL), we should have beaten Baltimore. Just really a mother****er all the way around looking back on it.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote