The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #51
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The game should have never gone into OT but the defense played lousy. Again, I'm not saying Manning played his best game, clearly he didn't. But he left the team in a great position to win and the defense failed.

Agree here

Not picking at you just pissed we blew it.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #52
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Don't forget if the refs call PI on the one against Decker that they returned for a TD Manning finishes the game (we don't need OT to win) with 3 TD's and no Int's

A voice of reason, and a 110% true statement.

We were jobbed. Plain and simple. We don't need to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch. Keep in mind I doubt any one expected a SB victory in Peyton's first season here. Even 6 games in everyone was saying its a work in progress. The team exceeded any and all expectations, and as a result actually raised expectations to a championship or bust.

Without the refs and the league worshipping the murderer we win that game and the SB.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I agree with you it should have been over long before that point.

Zero blame on Manning he was last person to screw up. I'm not saying go crazy about it but, he deserves alittle more wrath for a 1st ballot HOF player.
I dont think anyone is absolving him of blame, i think people are saying point the first few fingers elsewhere
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #54
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

We should clone Tom Nalen.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #55
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

"Nales" is the best...I miss seeing the stock picture of him that they would use for Monday Night games, that was some funny s-it.
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #56
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
"Nales" is the best...I miss seeing the stock picture of him that they would use for Monday Night games, that was some funny s-it.
if I had to pick one player to never, ever have a media career, it would have been Tom Nalen
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #57
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
I know, right?

Nalen and Ben Hamilton looked like escaped mental patients in those headshots.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #58
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
if I had to pick one player to never, ever have a media career, it would have been Tom Nalen
Listening to him on ESPN radio... he got offers from Boston College, Stanford and Notre Dame.... he's quite eloquent and seems to be a really smart guy.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #59
extralife
Ring of Famer

I'm sure he is, whatever, the point is the guy looked at the media like they were child rapists during his playing career. The only time I ever heard a word from him was after he retired when he gave some quotes for a story for the Denver Post and he said he just wanted to go sit on a ranch in Maine or whatever it was for the rest of his life.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #60
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
That was Terrell "my lips are the size of baseballs" Suggs
Heard during the SB parade Terrell will be dragging his wife along outside his car.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #61
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

He's good on the radio. Kind of chilled out but matter of fact. Also, not screaming and yelling trying to self promote like most of these guys like Joel DB Klatt, etc.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #62
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

I agree with everything he said, but would like to add:

MLB, DT, and RB are the 3 biggest areas of need imo.

Mike, Brookings played amazing and saved our season imo, but we need a true leader/thumper in there that is young. Look what Rey did in the play offs. I love Brookings, but he cant do that.

DT, imo our biggest need. I like who we have as rotation players but we need a true pass rusher/run stopper. You look at ever elite defense that wins Super Bowls.. Tampa, Ravens, Pits, etc.. they all had elite top level DT. I understand finding someone like Watt is hard as heck, but we let a pretty good DT go to Saints last year for pretty cheap (rather have kept him instead of 15mill on Mayo).

RB, I really like Mcgahee and Moreno (saved our season with his running when he came in), and I like Hillman (played well for a rookie in playoffs), but you look at most all elite offenses and they have a RB that can get the hard 1-2 yards but can also bust 40+ TDs. Did we even have a rushing TD over 30 yards this year? If we can find a great back I think our offense is complete. Our WRs and TEs are great, but with no run game it can be shut down (look at Ravens game).

We need to add depth at OL, DB, and FS/SS as well. I like Moore, he made a horrible play in Ravens game, but so did Champ and every other player. Adams needs to be replaced, and you can never have enough DBs. Hopefully Carter can replace Adams.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #63
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Bottom line you score 35 points at home you win the game. Losing to the superbowl champs by 3 points in double overtime stings, just goes to show how close this squad is to being the best in the nfl.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #64
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Bottom line you score 35 points at home you win the game. Losing to the superbowl champs by 3 points in double overtime stings, just goes to show how close this squad is to being the best in the nfl.
Odds are against getting 7 special teams points in a playoff game again. Let alone 14.

We need some OL depth and a quality young-ish RB (at least late-20's) on offense.

All other ammo should be spent at MLB and Safety. Age here not so much a concern, especially at safety. We win that playoff game if Dawk doesn't retire. No Question.

And I'm talking about next year. DT is a long term thing, but we've got bigger needs in this very narrow window.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #65
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The game should have never gone into OT but the defense played lousy. Again, I'm not saying Manning played his best game, clearly he didn't. But he left the team in a great position to win and the defense failed.
No, Trindon Holliday did.

Manning gifted Baltimore 17 points. He played terribly and it's moronic to give him credit because the special teams played excellently and allowed the scoreboard to read closer than the game was.

Manning choked, like he always has in his career. He is who he is.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #66
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
This is ****ing pathetic. This board immediately and viciously turned on both Jake Plummer and Tim Tebow in games with absolutely pathetic defensive collapses. The difference between those two and Peyton Manning is that they were actually capable of winning at least one playoff game at home for the Broncos before it happened to them.

Manning gets the benefit of the doubt because this fanbase is full of hero-worshipping morons.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #67
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Odds are against getting 7 special teams points in a playoff game again. Let alone 14.

We need some OL depth and a quality young-ish RB (at least late-20's) on offense.

All other ammo should be spent at MLB and Safety. Age here not so much a concern, especially at safety. We win that playoff game if Dawk doesn't retire. No Question.

And I'm talking about next year. DT is a long term thing, but we've got bigger needs in this very narrow window.
Agree 100% we are in a 2 year Manning window right now. Be interesting to see how Denver addresses weak areas. (aging vets for D and go O early we'll see)
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #68
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

It's about moments. Manning has had a bit of poor play and a bit of bad luck conspire to make him lose in the playoffs. He played decently in the game vs the Ravens given the ****ty OL performance and, most importantly, the loss of Moreno's pass blocking.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #69
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
This is ****ing pathetic. This board immediately and viciously turned on both Jake Plummer and Tim Tebow in games with absolutely pathetic defensive collapses. The difference between those two and Peyton Manning is that they were actually capable of winning at least one playoff game at home for the Broncos before it happened to them.

Manning gets the benefit of the doubt because this fanbase is full of hero-worshipping morons.
You're being inconsistent here. In one post, you criticize Manning for getting special teams help on his way to leading us to a victory and on the other hand you give all the credit to Plummer for winning ONE playoff game in his entire time here, despite the fact that he played horribly that day (FAR worse than Manning) and it was our defense and special teams that won that game for us.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #70
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Tim Tebow turned the ball over on the first drive against NE. He lead several short drives that ended in punts with 5 3 and outs. The lone TD was set up by an INT by Carter.

Plummer played awful against Pittsburgh and so did the rest of the team. I love Jake Plummer and all he did for Denver but he was bad in the playoffs. Even the win against NE he played mediocre to bad.

Who did this poster used to be JHNS?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #71
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tim Tebow turned the ball over on the first drive against NE. He lead several short drives that ended in punts with 5 3 and outs. The lone TD was set up by an INT by Carter
Peyton Manning also turned the ball over on his first drive, for 7 points going the other way. And last year, that fumble was Tebow's only turnover. PM had two more on top.

I'll say it again, Peyton isn't why we lost that game. But for a GOAT he certainly didn't grab destiny by the nads in any way. He shares a nice helping of blame.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #72
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'll say it again, Peyton isn't why we lost that game. But for a GOAT he certainly didn't grab destiny by the nads in any way. He shares a nice helping of blame.
Nice job this is how I should have put it above ty. What bugs me is all our stars took the day off that day. We should have squashed their will way earlier. Our stars don't show up in Prime Time hope they correct that fast.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-05-2013 at 11:47 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #73
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

The simple truth of the matter is.... Whatever Tom Nalen's take is on any of the above topics MUST be better than mine, ipso facto.

I'm enthused by his opinion of J.D. Walton, and completely agree that both the Broncos and DJ Williams need a new start.....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #74
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

WTF? Manning played Very well it's a team game. If R. Moore didn't ****ing get beat deep we be super bowl champs if Champ Bailey didn't get his old ass beat all day we be Super Bowl Champs. And I'm sick of people say Joe Flacco is a top 5 QB the a-hole just threw a bomb and prayed someone would catch it he didn't execute a drive what so ever against Denver.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #75
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I will hand it to ya,you are consistant. you love two QBs that both required the HC dumbing down the offense in order for there to any success.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote