The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #26
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Someone somewhere in a position of influence still believes the Broncos have a power running game. Even sans Willis or KM. I don't get it either.
Yep it's a head scratcher. And it didnt seem to matter who was in the backfield. I about lost it when it's 3rd and 5, and its up the middle for Hester.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I just read that Titus Young was released by the Lions. IF he can get his act together, he would be a real good addition. I am excited about next season, Lets see who we add via free agency and the draft.

On a side note, Terrell Suggs mouth/teeth and gums remind of Butthead from cartoon.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
“The regular season is great, but it doesn’t mean anything unless you do something in the playoffs with it. He had the same tag about him in college at Tennessee: ‘He couldn’t win the big one.’ The year after he left Tee Martin leads the team to the national championship.

“I realize (Manning) has won a Super Bowl, but he didn’t really play that well in that Super Bowl. It was kind of a rainy day against the Bears. And the next year he lost a Super Bowl where he threw a Pick-6 to the Saints. So I think there’s some concern there.”

“I think he puts so much pressure to be perfect all the time, and football is not a game of perfection. You have to roll with the mistakes, and overcome them and not let the pressure get to you. And I think that he puts so much pressure on himself that it affects him in the playoffs.”

Seems to me there were conversations like this back in January 1997 about another QB.
John had taken 3 teams to the SB by then and lost. Plus... John didn't go into the playoffs numerous time with the best team to go 1 and done 8 different times. Plus.... there is still the no QB has won another SB with a different team stat. Here is hopping PM is the one to do that first, but he does have a very lousy playoff history.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #29
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't think Oline was the early exit reason. After Baltimore tied the game up that Oline and manning produced a 10 play 88 yard 4th quarter TD drive. That was a game winning drive. No choking there. Adams sealed that game winning drive with a 4th down pass defended. Other reasons such as a coach who's balls shriveled up or a UCLA alum who never learned to run to a ball were the culprit.
I agree with your statements, but maybe I will say that the merging of the Fox system and the Manning system may have created the issues. We just couldn't finish the "run out the clock" scenarios against the Ravens when it counted. I understand that our injured RB's were a major factor, but we just couldn't push them around in the mile high air when the season was on the line.

To me, that means we either need work on the o-line, or we need to change our offensive theory. Maybe a little of both.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
I 100 percent agree with you that there was no one we could have picked up or kept from last year on the roster that would have had more success. But when people like me suggested keeping Tebow, it was to help build our team and then when we have a legit shot at a QB take him. ****, Alex Smith made the championship game last year and Flacco is a Superbowl Champion. If you insert a good QB onto a great team, he has a very good chance of building the confidence he needs and succeeding. IE Russell Wilson! With all the success of the new QB class it makes it clear you don't need the best QB in the game to win a Superbowl.

Trying to take shortcuts and buy championships usually doesn't work.
It's not that easy though. Take manning off this team and does it look the same? There are QBs that make teams better. Matt Flynn lead Seattle to the playoffs? IMO no. Alex smith goes to the superbowl? Nope. Flacco progressed this year. He's not an average QB. It's a passing league. I don't see an average QB audible into a 17 yard strike to Boldin on a crucial 3rd down and short. Kaep showed inexperience on that final redzone opp. An elite QB sees that blitz and throws it over the middle to Davis(who was open with a one on one). Instead Kaep keys in on Crabtree the entire time down there.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 02-04-2013 at 01:44 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I agree with your statements, but maybe I will say that the merging of the Fox system and the Manning system may have created the issues. We just couldn't finish the "run out the clock" scenarios against the Ravens when it counted. I understand that our injured RB's were a major factor, but we just couldn't push them around in the mile high air when the season was on the line.

To me, that means we either need work on the o-line, or we need to change our offensive theory. Maybe a little of both.
Ya I agree with you there. One reason why I wanted them tryin a pass on 3rd and 7.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Don't forget if the refs call PI on the one against Decker that they returned for a TD Manning finishes the game (we don't need OT to win) with 3 TD's and no Int's
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #33
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's not that easy though. Take manning off this team and does it look the same? There are QBs that make teams better. Matt Flynn lead Seattle to the playoffs? IMO no. Alex smith goes to the superbowl? Nope. Flacco progressed this year. He's not an average QB. It's a passing league. I don't see an average QB audible into a 17 yard strike to Boldin on a crucial 3rd down and short. Kaep showed inexperience on that final redzone opp. An elite QB sees that blitz and throws it over the middle to Davis(who was open with a one on one). Instead Kaep keys in on Crabtree the entire time down there.
I still don't buy into Flacco. He has a WR corps that simply caught fire this postseason. Boldin wasn't even open on that play, but he made it work. JF was underthrowing deep routes by 10 yards last night and they'd still come back and get it.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 02-04-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I still don't buy into Flacco. He has a WR corps that simply caught fire this postseason. Boldin wasn't even open on that play, but he made it work. JF was underthrowing deep routes by 10 yards last night and they'd still come back and get it.
It took me up until this year to think he's good. I can't consider him elite at all, but ill say he's gone from average to good IMO. We will see next year though if he can actually be consistent. Winning in Mannings house, then Brady's house is impressive. Of course, Sanchez did that and he sucks. Haha
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #35
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I think he played great this post season, and he'll get his money, but it wouldnt shock me if he came back to his normal play next season.

That said, which week did the Ravens figure that throwing to Boldin and simply having him go get it was a good idea. Because they didnt do that for much of the season, but the beginning of the post season, it was a go to for them.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No, it's very hard, I agree. But many teams that are good and sustain that usually don't bring in players like Manning. Baltimore has been a good tough team for a long time. I just want our own version of Ozzie picking big, mean,and intelligent players at a great hit-pick rate.

Pittsburgh, NE Home grown talent.

If you need that one piece to get over the top then fine, but we paid a lot for Manning and we have many important contract issues coming up. Doesn't seem we are going to have a lot of room to build/add nice role players this offseason. We can't trot out this same team next year, we need to get better especially at MLB.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #37
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Agreed on these fronts. Denver should annually make an investment in the OL/DL. The good teams do. I think we have to find another DB, and a playmaker to eventually replace Stokely, either at TE or WR. That to me is probably the biggest concern unless we can sign somebody in FA.
I think if we get another WR with D. Thomas like size, or a Shannon Sharpe clone at TE, It would go a long ways to us getting in, and winning the Superbowl.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i liked him better when he didnt talk
Yeah, where's the Kangaroo Court when you need it?!?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #39
DryHeat

I think you guys are really just a MLB away from competing. I was hoping you guys would've grabbed Whisenhunt - him + Manning would be unstoppable.

I don't know about all this talk about a #2 WR, but you could do well with a good RB.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #40
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Just payoff the league and there set it worked for the Ratbirds
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #41
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
No, it's very hard, I agree. But many teams that are good and sustain that usually don't bring in players like Manning. Baltimore has been a good tough team for a long time. I just want our own version of Ozzie picking big, mean,and intelligent players at a great hit-pick rate.

Pittsburgh, NE Home grown talent.

If you need that one piece to get over the top then fine, but we paid a lot for Manning and we have many important contract issues coming up. Doesn't seem we are going to have a lot of room to build/add nice role players this offseason. We can't trot out this same team next year, we need to get better especially at MLB.
I agree there are needs but they aren't looking to make many big moves IMO. Vegas is not dumb and they pinned the broncos as favorites to win next years superbowl. I have complete faith in Russell and Sullivan. These guys know what they are doing in making the team better, while controlling that cap number.

When the TV contracts come in, the cap ceiling is going to skyrocket. Will be a HUGE increase. Some saying a 50 million or so jump.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #42
DryHeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Just payoff the league and there set it worked for the Ratbirds
How much do you think it would cost? Pretty steep considering a team's payroll. Should just match what the Ravens dolled out and hope it gets a Super Bowl.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #43
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
On a side note, Terrell Suggs mouth/teeth and gums remind of Butthead from cartoon.
Bubba from Forest Gump.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The thing about Manning is he didn't lose the game for the Broncos IMHO. He may not have had his best game, but he didn't lose the game either. It was a team loss, coupled with lousy officiating. It's just the way it goes sometimes. In other words, sometimes the best team doe not win, especially when it's a one-and-done situation.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #45
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The thing about Manning is he didn't lose the game for the Broncos IMHO. He may not have had his best game, but he didn't lose the game either. It was a team loss, coupled with lousy officiating. It's just the way it goes sometimes. In other words, sometimes the best team doe not win, especially when it's a one-and-done situation.
Why he was the one that threw the pick in OT game over. If Orton or Tebow threw that pick fans here would tar and feather them but, not even alittle blame on Manning amazing. Yes I'd rather have Manning over them anyday but, he did screw up.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-04-2013 at 03:36 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why he was the one that threw the pick in OT game over. If Orton or Tebow threw that pick fans here would tar and feather them but, not Manning crazy.
Because the game should have been long over by that point.

Regardless of how the Broncos scored 35 pts, they scored 35 pts. For a defense like ours, that should have been more than enough.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #47
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why he was the one that threw the pick in OT game over. If Orton or Tebow threw that pick fans here would tar and feather them but, not even alittle blame on Manning amazing. Yes I'd rather have Manning over them anyday but, he did screw up.
The game should have never gone into OT but the defense played lousy. Again, I'm not saying Manning played his best game, clearly he didn't. But he left the team in a great position to win and the defense failed.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #48
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Because the game should have been long over by that point.

Regardless of how the Broncos scored 35 pts, they scored 35 pts. For a defense like ours, that should have been more than enough.

I agree with you it should have been over long before that point.

Zero blame on Manning he was last person to screw up. I'm not saying go crazy about it but, he deserves alittle more wrath for a 1st ballot HOF player.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #49
DENVERDUI55

If you lose a game where you score 35 points it all goes on the defense.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #50
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

People are still gonna pick this scab I guess.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote