The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #2251
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

So guess how many 3+ star recruits CU got from Colorado....none.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #2252
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Big 6: Alabama or FSU
Collins: Miami
Coley: Miami
Bostwick: Florida
Grace: Miami
Bryant: FSU or Miami
Robinson: LSU

Best estimate at present based on info I am hearing

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #2253
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Big 6: Alabama or FSU
Collins: Miami
Coley: Miami
Bostwick: Florida
Grace: Miami
Bryant: FSU or Miami
Robinson: LSU

Best estimate at present based on info I am hearing

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #2254
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

FSU needs some firepower considering the two guys I mentioned who would de-commit did. SOB. Two 4-star guys gone cause of the coaching exodus. NooooooOOOooooooooooooooooo. At least NDSU is getting some studs year in and year out.

Can we back to back to back it like TOm EmanskI AAU National ABsebAll champsioN?

I think so.

Look out for marcus williams, CB -- NDSU next year bois. He's gonna be a pretty high pick IMHO and would be awesome in a zone heavy scheme. Dude is a booSs baller. 17 or 18 interceptions in 3 years.!!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #2255
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Can we rename this thread to The U Football Discussion and then have a separate college football thread?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #2256
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Can we rename this thread to The U Football Discussion and then have a separate college football thread?
Only if you double post
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #2257
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
FSU needs some firepower considering the two guys I mentioned who would de-commit did. SOB. Two 4-star guys gone cause of the coaching exodus. NooooooOOOooooooooooooooooo. At least NDSU is getting some studs year in and year out.

Can we back to back to back it like TOm EmanskI AAU National ABsebAll champsioN?

I think so.

Look out for marcus williams, CB -- NDSU next year bois. He's gonna be a pretty high pick IMHO and would be awesome in a zone heavy scheme. Dude is a booSs baller. 17 or 18 interceptions in 3 years.!!!!
I think you have the inside track on 6, Req.....congrats

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #2258
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hog fans will be getting some bad news tonight.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #2259
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Looks like NDSU hosted some good recruits from Florida over the weekend and got a verbal from Tre Dempsey, CB from Lakeland. He was also being recruited by the Canes, but I'm sure a 2/3 star guy wasn't going to make an impact there.

He looks good on tape, but is definitely underweight. (5'11 -- 150) A year in our redshirt program and he should put on some weight and gain some explosiveness. If we could start a little niche in Florida, that would be great. Texas and Wisconsin have been nice to us.

Definitely the best recruiting class I've seen on paper for the Bison. Very excited about this team and a move to DI-A in the next decade.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #2260
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Miami has reached a settlement with the NCAA.

Not a joke.....it will be released shortly.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #2261
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Miami has reached a settlement with the NCAA.

Not a joke.....it will be released shortly.
the NCAA is a damn joke. they are gonna hammer some poor school due to being so pissed at Bama & Miami.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #2262
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the NCAA is a damn joke. they are gonna hammer some poor school due to being so pissed at Bama & Miami.
If I was not on my phone...I'd post a pic of a SKATEboarder. Hint...hint

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #2263
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Hog fans will be getting some bad news tonight.
Spoke too soon.

Ugh...that really hurts.

Congrats Doc.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #2264
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm not going to get upset at the staff if Thomas and Kirkland go to FSU or Ark. I was upset before I learned information as to what was going on. Piece of **** Ice is steering the kids away because he's still pissed off that his boy Randy got fired and more importantly that Al fired him from his cushy administrative position. So now he is steering his kids to FSU....and d-bags like Luke are cheering on Twitter when a kid like Collins goes elsewhere and they are openly contradicting the kid's parents just to embarass the university.

There is a group of renegade thugs and we need to freeze them out. Golden has made good relationships with 90% of the local coaches. Its those 10% that are making everything a racial issue thats a problem. Freeze BTW out, as well as Miami Central. Ice is pissed off that when Kirkland had his second meeting with the staff, they totally cut him out and went straight to the family. That's right b****, there is going to be massive retaliation on BTW for stunt pulling. No one is going to get a scholarship for awhile, not even Treon Harris.

This is a war on terror, take out the trash, Al. Pure terrorism, plain and simple. Destroy them. They're ****ing terrorists and they need to be eradicated.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-04-2013 at 11:57 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #2265
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I hope that 6 goes to FSU after Bama got Foster. Sorry to hear that Collins went to Arkansas, SoCal.

Update on NDSU recruiting:

Overall: The Bison have 18 verbals so far, but are expecting a few more recruits to decide -- which includes several Miami area players who had their visits this past weekend. I've counted that ~ 6 the 18 we have signed so far got official offers from FBS schools. That might not seem like much, but the fact that an FCS is getting players who are getting offers from Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Central Michigan, Ohio, Army, Air Force is quite impressive.

Regarding our new Florida stud Tre: Dempsey's official measurements are 5'11 -- 170, putting him 20 pounds heavier than originally listed on his high school site which was way off. He obviously will still be redshirted, but that is very encouraging and should be able to come in and contribute in 2014. We will need him, considering our top two corners this year will be graduating, with one going to the NFL -- Marcus Williams. Keep an eye out for him.

Big Men: The trenches on both sides of the ball, moreover the defensive front seven was the concentration for this class. I would still like to see us get some skill position players, although we were able to get three awesome WR's last year who were redshirted. I think we could also use a safety. We did an excellent job getting several ILB/WLB for the Tampa 2 that we run here so that is very encouraging. I think perhaps one of them will get a shot this year, but some of them are still small and need a year of conditioning and strength training.

We have recruited a RB from Minnesota, but it is more likely that he will get a shot at linebacker. The Bison are returning Sam Ojuri as a senior who was a thousand yard rusher and junior RB John Crockett, who was arguably the best player in the state of Minnesota (Over 3,500 all purpose yards and 66 touchdowns) and had over 1,000 yards last year too. With highly touted Arizona recruit Matt Jones who will be a redshirt SO and I believe two other guys as well.

We missed out on a good prospect, Martin Ruiz out of Tampa. He's a RB who also plays safety, but it sounds like he wanted to make an impact right away and knew that being behind two 1,000 yard rushers, he would likely redshirt and split carries until Crocket graduates in 2014. I don't really understand it because he could have been THE GUY for a majority of his time here.

Either way, quite impressive. This is the deepest roster I've seen for the Bison since I became a student in 2005, and the quality of the players we are getting even seem to be better than how good Joe Mays was for them back during his heyday. This program is going places and it is only a matter of time before we get the FBS call. If we win three FCS National Championships in a row, it will likely be considered in the next five years. I would say that 2020 is a more realistic outlook. We have already beat Central Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas and I believe a few others. These aren't stand out programs, but the fact that we are outplaying higher level talent is a testament to our coaching and staff here at NDSU. Our first game of 2013 is on the road @ Kansas State. I think we can win.

Now I can only hope the Noles land 6 and bring in some other top guys. So far, so good for my teams.

Last edited by Requiem; 02-05-2013 at 06:09 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #2266
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Tomorrow is not going to be a good day..I'm glad I did not take it off.

6-FSU
Grace-Miami
Coley- FSU
Brooks-Miami (who cares Plan C garbage)
Kirkland-FSU Ark or Miami (don't want him without 6)
Bryant-FSU
Bostwick-Miami (great get)
Rpbinsin-LSU
Edwards - Miami (not an adequate replacement for Collins)
Overall......huge letdown

Its hard not to be depressed....especially since at one point I thought it would be like Christmas morning.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-05-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #2267
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

SoCal,

What makes you so sure that Coley is going to FSU? NationalFootballPost put up an article this morning that says that Miami definitely has the lead.

Sounds like Denzel Ware (junior commit) to FSU wants to follow his brother wherever he goes. What a fuggin loser. You'll never make it Denzel.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #2268
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

USC getting a bunch of decommitments (worst yet, DT Eddie Vanderdoes & DE Kylie Fitts) and still, Lane Kiffin has his job. Dumb ****s. UCLA will be kicking the Trojans asses for years to come.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #2269
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I'm shocked how well NU is doing recruiting 10th or 16th depending on the site you look at. I didn't think Pelini even knew that was a thing. Hopefully he builds a good group of people for Scott Frost to coach when Bo leaves us for any SEC school that will take him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #2270
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
SoCal,

What makes you so sure that Coley is going to FSU? NationalFootballPost put up an article this morning that says that Miami definitely has the lead.

Sounds like Denzel Ware (junior commit) to FSU wants to follow his brother wherever he goes. What a fuggin loser. You'll never make it Denzel.
His mom is pushing him out of town...his coach is trying to keep him in town.

My experience is Mom usually wins unless Mom wants Miami then she loses (Brissett, 6, Patchan, Antone Smith, Alex Collins)

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-05-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #2271
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Spoke too soon.

Ugh...that really hurts.

Congrats Doc.
whooo pig sooie (Docs not the only Arkansas fan)!
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #2272
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
USC getting a bunch of decommitments (worst yet, DT Eddie Vanderdoes & DE Kylie Fitts) and still, Lane Kiffin has his job. Dumb ****s. UCLA will be kicking the Trojans asses for years to come.
Kylie on U$C...."USC is a great place, but UCLA is better.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #2273
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Clemson on the final list of two 5-stars, Montravius Adams (DT) and Mackenzie Alexander (CB). I'm optimistic about Adams. When he's been asked to discuss his choices, he always says he "loves" Clemson, but only uses "likes" when describing the other finalists. On the other hand, his Mom is pushing Georgia, so you know how that goes. No one really knows what Alexander is thinking. His twin brother commited to Auburn, but he's recently stated they aren't a package deal. He's been close to the vest. Hopefully, we can land at least one of theose guys. Even if we don't get either, we've got a pretty solid class. No 5 stars, but ESPN rates 13 of our 18 commits as 4 star guys. We've got a great chance to add to that.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #2274
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Day is going as expected so far.....awful. Just as I knew it would.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #2275
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

USC =

CU can't even break the top 50.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote