The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #151
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I was just asking a question about numbers, that is, many institutions pass up well qualified people in order to fill a minority hire quota. So this should work for all races, right?

I agree about knowing history, it's very important. I guess my point is will history be forgotten or ignored when whites are no longer the "majority"? My point about colleges and universities now having more woman attending them is a good example. Title 9 has benefitted woman at the expense of men. So now that things are all equal, will these institutions of higher education amend these policies to some degree. It's a legitmate question to ask.
It is a legit question, which is why I said it will become more of a socioeconomic issue. But don't be surprised if a lot of minorities are still given aid because they don't have as much money as whites

But the reality is the USA is overpopulated. No one wants to talk about that cuz I guess there's nothing we can do about it
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #152
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Also, just a little bit of interesting trivia, I know the woman who used to manage the Ben Folds Five... lol!
Used to love watching those dudes perform. Who knew a bunch of nerdy dudes could put on that kind of show
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #153
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It is a legit question, which is why I said it will become more of a socioeconomic issue. But don't be surprised if a lot of minorities are still given aid because they don't have as much money as whites

But the reality is the USA is overpopulated. No one wants to talk about that cuz I guess there's nothing we can do about it
See, this is where liberals tend to change the rules. When EOE was began it was about giving minorities and women a better chance at getting jobs. Fair enough, I like the policy and agree with it. However, now that more balance is being obtained (it's no perfect by any means) and whites and males are decreasing in numbers for various reasons, will these same laws that protected people of color and women apply to whites and males? However, you seem to be saying "it's not about jobs anymore, it's about $."

So then, you are saying "no" that EOE won't ever be applied to whites and males because it's not about jobs, it's about wealth? Perhaps I don't understand the reasoning behind EOE policies?

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 02-02-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #154
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Not sure why you guys are arguing with ThirtyDegrees. He called me a ****er-lover in a rep comment. Pretty vile stuff.

at resulting to slander because you're too dumb to make an intelligent point.

I've never given anyone on this site rep positively or negatively, and I never will.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #155
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I was just asking a question about numbers, that is, many institutions pass up well qualified people in order to fill a minority hire quota. So this should work for all races, right?

I agree about knowing history, it's very important. I guess my point is will history be forgotten or ignored when whites are no longer the "majority"?
No it won't change if whites become the minority......

That's because affirmative action isn't about leveling the playing field...it's about getting even.

I recall the UM Law School suit where a caucasian woman sued over their admittance scoring that gave an extra 20 points to hispanic and black applicants as the ones selected are those who score closer to the 150 point maximum

......basically making anyone else start in a 20-0 hole before the application was completed. allegedly they are "leveling" the playing field, when the truth is they are saying that blacks and hispanics are too stupid to get into their school without some help.

I find it odd that Asians who are the smallest group of the minorities are not included in this alleged "leveling" of the playing field, despite the affirmative action was implemented under the guise to help "minorities"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #156
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post

I've never given anyone on this site rep positively or negatively, and I never will.
Bro, not sure why you're even denying it. You know what you wrote. Not sure why you'd say that then and now take up the cause the other way.

Just bored, maybe? I'll assume it's that.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #157
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

screenshot?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #158
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:

Don't get all uppity on us.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #159
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Bro, not sure why you're even denying it. You know what you wrote. Not sure why you'd say that then and now take up the cause the other way.

Just bored, maybe? I'll assume it's that.

lmfao. I'm sure there's some way for you to document this it it were true.

Quite a pathetic lie.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #160
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
lmfao. I'm sure there's some way for you to document this it it were true.

Quite a pathetic lie.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #161
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bwhaha
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #162
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I left this one, this one's real
Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #163
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

So, from reading a bit further back, the Rooney Rule is about "giving a chance" to people who are of a different skin colour?
I'm assuming that as a legal immigrant I would get "zero" from the rule, as far as help in my NFL coaching career, my friend from India would also get nothing, ... while an immigrant from Mexico would benefit. WTF?
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #164
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Well frying something is scientifically proven to make it better. Who else would eat greenbeans otherwise? But still...KFC is of the devil. Only explanation. You know beforehand it wont end well. You know during it wont end well. You know after that it will not end well. Yet we keep buying it.

Why? WHY?

The wife and I call KFC the one-legged hooker. She is so good in the moment and you love every second of it, but when you get home you are full of regret and pain.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #165
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I must like how you post.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #166
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
So, from reading a bit further back, the Rooney Rule is about "giving a chance" to people who are of a different skin colour?
I'm assuming that as a legal immigrant I would get "zero" from the rule, as far as help in my NFL coaching career, my friend from India would also get nothing, ... while an immigrant from Mexico would benefit. WTF?
Your friend from India would certainly qualify as a Rooney rule candidate, the rule now includes all ethnic minorities, not just african americans - so Indian, Chinese, hispanic is all good.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #167
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Your friend from India would certainly qualify as a Rooney rule candidate ...
Feel free to correct me here ... aren't Indians considered "caucasian" in the USA?

Pretty sure we're going to get down to splitting hairs here, which is why this "Rooney Rule" would be CRUSHED for it's absurdity in a court of law.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #168
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Feel free to correct me here ... aren't Indians considered "caucasian" in the USA?

Pretty sure we're going to get down to splitting hairs here, which is why this "Rooney Rule" would be CRUSHED for it's absurdity in a court of law.

This is the United States. We make the absurd common place.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #169
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

I'd like to see the NFL implement a Caucasian defensive back and running back program where every NFL team has to have at least ONE. Call it the "LOONEY RULE"
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #170
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
And it's particularly bad because there's no end state. We saw it in this thread already. A vast majority of NFL players are black so some think the coaches should represent that percentage rather than the national percentage at large.

In reality, we should probably be asking why so many blacks are in the NFL with such little white, Asian, etc, representation. Those numbers are far more skewed than the lack of black coaches. It's just a never-ending cry for a crutch.
BINGO! but what it boils down to, is quite frankly, GENETICS and testing parameters. Fast twitch vs slow twitch, bone and muscle density differences, and of course IQ differences....see my attachment for further clarification
Attached Images

txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #171
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That or you take pity on me.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #172
ThirtyDegrees

Hahaha, so there's a lack of qualified minority head coaches for NFL teams to even interview.

Meanwhile Jim Caldwell takes over for repeated NFL failure Cam Cameron at coordinator and turns the Baltimore Ravens offense into Super Bowl winners.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #173
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Hahaha, so there's a lack of qualified minority head coaches for NFL teams to even interview.

Meanwhile Jim Caldwell takes over for repeated NFL failure Cam Cameron at coordinator and turns the Baltimore Ravens offense into Super Bowl winners.
Joe Flacco, a white man, rose to the occasion.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #174
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I am waiting for Scandinavian-American Month. Hell Leif Erickson beat Columbus to our Continent by centuries and yet we have to put up with Columbus Day.

We call it Leif Erickson day in my house.

You b****es should all have to eat Lefse, Lubscos (which is the one thing I can cook well), Swedish Meatballs, and pickled Herring while listening to readings of the Hemskringla and the telling of the Norse Myths, my favorite is the one where Loki steals Sif's Hair and Thor makes him replace it with gold thread made by gnomes.

I feel THE MAN is keeping me down!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #175
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
who would know? You don't get off your damn smart phone to type something about why you liked it. You leave us hanging with that blank pos rep. You are kind but yet too cool for school to type anything. That or you are Mystery Man.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote