The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #51
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Has anyone posted the theory that our God and prior cultures' Gods were really aliens visiting earth long long ago? It just may be that they care so much about football that they let a murderer get away with the crime so he can play football and be given unfair advantages by the officials. And I've heard they don't like deer, so they support someone using deer antler spray to get big and strong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #52
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Has anyone posted the theory that our God and prior cultures' Gods were really aliens visiting earth long long ago? It just may be that they care so much about football that they let a murderer get away with the crime so he can play football and be given unfair advantages by the officials. And I've heard they don't like deer, so they support someone using deer antler spray to get big and strong.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Lmaooo that guy is hilarious. His hair has gotten wilder and wilder over the past couple years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #54
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This thread didn't take long to become full blown retard

gjge all
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #55
DHallblows
Ring of Famer
 
DHallblows's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
There's decent evidence that He is actually a massive football fan and will even get someone off a murder charge so they can compete in the Superbowl.
He probably got in trouble with a loanshark, so he placed a bet while the trial was happening that Ray would win another Super Bowl in 13 years.

I bet he got ridonkulous odds...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #56
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Then what do you think of the morons who turn their beer labels a certain way to effect a kick or break into a past residence to sit in their lucky spot (49er fan). While dumb examples from recent beer commercials, I have seen any number of people invovled in various ritual acts, but I guess boob mojo never happened.
What about posters on the mane that think you can jinx outcomes of Bronco games?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #57
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
The existence of a god that plays an active role in human affairs is one of the most utterly stupid and ignorant things a person can believe in.

God wouldn't stop the holocaust, but he'll help Ray Lewis play linebacker.

God wouldn't prevent 9/11 but he'll cure your Aunt of cancer.

I've never understood it, never will.
Read the Bible...the answers are all in there. Read it with the intent to comprehend, and with the open mind you liberals always claim to have, and you'll be surprised. As for whether or not God decides the winners and losers....

You can choose to believe in Him or not...it's called freewill.

Some choose to believe in other things.....if you think wearing the same unwashed jersey every week will help your team win, how does that make someone thinking the team won because of God stupid?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #58
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Read the Bible...the answers are all in there. Read it with the intent to comprehend, and with the open mind you liberals always claim to have, and you'll be surprised. As for whether or not God decides the winners and losers....

You can choose to believe in Him or not...it's called freewill.

Some choose to believe in other things.....if you think wearing the same unwashed jersey every week will help your team win, how does that make someone thinking the team won because of God stupid?


I have read it.........went to church religiously as a youth.

It is fiction. Since you went there with the liberal comment............


Tell me how conservatives are so religious when they want to force

some poor woman to have a rapists child and then after its born they

forget everything the Bibles teaches because they want to cut

funding for everything that would help the kid.


Your either religious and follow your faith on everything, not just

when its convenient to your agument..... but forcing your religious

beliefs on someone else is BS..................but don't follow the good

book on abortion and then throw the poor under the bus.

Chew on that awhile..................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #59
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,412
Default

I could also make the argument that the right wing nut jobs who think they need an assault rifle even though without them lives would have already been saved like in Colorado shooting. High capacity drums/clips and assault rifles
are not needed by the public and without them lives would have been saved and will be saved in the future.

Nobody wants your pistols, shotguns or hunting rifles but if I ever were unfortunate enough to be in the situation those people were in the movie theatre I want the a-hole with the gun to not have an assault rifle and large ammo clips so he can be taken out after the first 10-12 shots instead of 30-100 shots.

Yet you religious clowns are the first types to defend these weapons and ammo clips. How the hell do you balance that with your religion ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #60
Dr.5280
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 348
Default

Give GOD a break. He has three religions to run and sometimes he just ffuucckkss up.
Dr.5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #61
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,412
Default

Don't pull the religion card only when it is convenient, I am not buying it.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #62
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I have read it.........went to church religiously as a youth.

It is fiction. Since you went there with the liberal comment............


Tell me how conservatives are so religious when they want to force

some poor woman to have a rapists child and then after its born they

forget everything the Bibles teaches because they want to cut

funding for everything that would help the kid.


Your either religious and follow your faith on everything, not just

when its convenient to your agument..... but forcing your religious

beliefs on someone else is BS..................but don't follow the good

book on abortion and then throw the poor under the bus.

Chew on that awhile..................
The Bible is the most scrutinized text in the history of the world, and no one has proven it to be fiction, ever!

as for the rest of your post, it's not even worth addressing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #63
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Bible is the most scrutinized text in the history of the world, and no one has proven it to be fiction, ever!

as for the rest of your post, it's not even worth addressing.

Your kidding right ? Your proof thats its real is you have no proof ?

Typical religious nonsense like when thousands of people are killed it was god's plan ............

As for the rest of my post you can't justify being pro life and also fighting against common sense gun proposlas to save lives.

Also no way in hell republican so called conservatives are religious when they force some poor raped woman to conceive and they propose to throw poor people and old people under the bus.

Your Bible teachs to take care of you fellow man not just when its convenient to do so..............

Parting of the red sea and the great flood........lol

You are gullible.

Regardless conservatives religion when it comes to politics is BS...........they use only when it suits their purposes.

That is not what is taught in the good book.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #64
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,439
Default




and might I add


Last edited by TDmvp; 02-03-2013 at 01:55 PM..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #65
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #66
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,075

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

You know whats WAYYYY STOOOPIDER?

The flawed logical conclusion drawn by the journalist of A---->C, B----->C; and therefore, A---->B. In other words, kicking a fieldgoal contributes to winning, god plays a role in the team winning, therefore, god decides whether each fieldgoal is made.

Wait you know what's stupider than that? This thread!
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #67
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Your kidding right ? Your proof thats its real is you have no proof ?

Typical religious nonsense like when thousands of people are killed it was god's plan ............

As for the rest of my post you can't justify being pro life and also fighting against common sense gun proposlas to save lives.

Also no way in hell republican so called conservatives are religious when they force some poor raped woman to conceive and they propose to throw poor people and old people under the bus.

Your Bible teachs to take care of you fellow man not just when its convenient to do so..............

Parting of the red sea and the great flood........lol

You are gullible.

Regardless conservatives religion when it comes to politics is BS...........they use only when it suits their purposes.

That is not what is taught in the good book.
lol
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #68
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Babylonians codefied law but they pretty much killed you any time you did anything wrong. It was simple but effective and had nothing to do with religion. It had to do with keeping order. Most would argue that is immoral. Not sure what point you're trying to make but it's doing more to make my point than yours. If your point is "everyone has some morals" I wouldn't disagree. I took issue with you suggesting "morals are essentially the same through time and history and aren't influenced by religion." That second point is categorically incorrect.
There is no evidence that morals shifted due to religion. Slavery, oppression of women, torture and ritual killings existed before and after the emergence of any major religion. The harming or killing of a member of your own society or the theft of the goods of others has been wrong in every society, before or after religion.

I am not saying that morals are the same through time and history - they clearly have changed. I am saying morals have not changed because of and are not dictated by religion. Morals have changed to accommodate changes in society due to technology, changes in population density and heterogeneity and the change from a primary need to a secondary need driven society.

The death sentence or the use of disfigurement or dismemberment was used quite universally due to the high cost and difficulties with incarceration. This is a commonality across the globe, you see it in Asia, Africa, South America, Europe and North America in tribes and nations. At the time in a primary need driven society it wasn't feasible to remove a large number of able bodied adults from other tasks to watch over prisoners.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Denver Broncos