The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #51
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I know my opinion isn't agreed upon here but I'll continue to beat the drum. Yes the play calling was suspect, the Manning bonehead int hurt, Knowshow's injury sucked, and the Moore/Carter coverage disaster blew.

But for me the most blame is still directed toward Chump Bailey. The dude is beloved here and should be lock for first ballot HOF. In fact some have discussed him as a top 5 CB of all time. The guy is asked to deliver in one game, to actually step up and be a leader. What we get is an old, broken down bum who gets beat time and time again. He should have had a 3rd TD against him and caused a crucial PI flag in the 4th. On the field he was a total antithesis of Ray Lewis who actually stepped up and led their D.

Last edited by rmsanger; 02-03-2013 at 06:35 AM..
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #52
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #53
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ You watch that play and you wonder what Champ was doing/thinking. It appears he was in position, wasn't really beat. I don't know that I've seen/heard an explanation for what the hell he was doing there. You almost get the impression that he was either hurt or quit on the play. Inexplicable.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #54
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

One of the worst season in recent memory.
Every one(including manning) choked.
Refs are so biased.
One positive is that this nightmare season is going to end today.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #55
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I know my opinion isn't agreed upon here but I'll continue to beat the drum. Yes the play calling was suspect, the Manning bonehead int hurt, Knowshow's injury sucked, and the Moore/Carter coverage disaster blew.

But for me the most blame is still directed toward Chump Bailey. The dude is beloved here and should be lock for first ballot HOF. In fact some have discussed him as a top 5 CB of all time. The guy is asked to deliver in one game, to actually step up and be a leader. What we get is an old, broken down bum who gets beat time and time again. He should have had a 3rd TD against him and caused a crucial PI flag in the 4th. On the field he was a total antithesis of Ray Lewis who actually stepped up and led their D.
Yep, him & Doom both. I mean the two of them are getting paid, what? -27 million?

You think you could get a big time play out of them for that. Big time players make big time plays in big time games.

They have the big time salaries, the other part not so much.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #56
uplink
Ring of Famer

I just feel the broncos should have been in this game. That just seems the way it was supposed to be to me. Having the ravens there does seem right to me.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #57
Bronco Yoda

I'm still sulking. Not sure if I'm going to watch the SB. I'll probably Tivo it and skim through it later. I've got a wood working project I'll try & finish.

I haven't felt this bad since SBXXIV. That's a longggggggggg time.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #58
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Chris Harris has been our best corner all season. It's obvious Champ has been hurt or lost a major step as an athlete this season. Harris should have been in the pro bowl instead of Champ. He had a fantastic season.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #59
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I'm only watching for gambling purposes. My idiot friend put $50 on 49ers to score exactly 8 points. Does anyone have the research ability to see the last time a NFL team scored 8 points. I tried for a minute but had no luck.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #60
Bacchus

I'm not even going to watch it. Plenty of stuff on Hulu.com I want to watch more.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #61
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
I'm only watching for gambling purposes. My idiot friend put $50 on 49ers to score exactly 8 points. Does anyone have the research ability to see the last time a NFL team scored 8 points. I tried for a minute but had no luck.
Wow, what are the odds on that bet? You should be nice to him he could have some spending money. Of course as soon as the 49ers score more than 8 points you need to mercilessly abuse him for such a stupid bet.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #62
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
The books love your friend for donating money.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #63
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Wow, what are the odds on that bet? You should be nice to him he could have some spending money. Of course as soon as the 49ers score more than 8 points you need to mercilessly abuse him for such a stupid bet.
Whoa, agreed, that has to be into the absurd odds range before I'd consider something like that. I haven't been following the thread so I hadn't seen the post.

I just looked it up and it's only 10/1 odds that not a single penalty will occur. What are the chances of that actually happening? I forget how terrible odds they actually give on these props so it may not actually be as high as we'd suspect. Putting $50 on it is just retarded.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #64
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think it'd be way more likely the Ravens get completely shut out than that the 9ers score 8 and that's 40/1. That means I'd want at least 60-80/1 before I'd even consider it comparable. I'm really curious what those odds must be.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #65
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #66
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
What is there to hate about SF?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #67
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
harbaugh.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #68
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
harbaugh.
He treated that tool in Detroit like a little b****. I've been a fan since.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #69
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ You watch that play and you wonder what Champ was doing/thinking. It appears he was in position, wasn't really beat. I don't know that I've seen/heard an explanation for what the hell he was doing there. You almost get the impression that he was either hurt or quit on the play. Inexplicable.
Looks like he is playing WR and thought he was a Ratbird
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #70
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, he had outside, almost like he was expecting someone to cover inside. Oh, look who is running trying to catch up after the play is over.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #71
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #72
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

^That SB was before my time. I had forgotten about that, though. The closest comparable moment for me would be Pittsburg beating Denver in the AFCCG so I guess I can understand.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #73
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I used to detest SF. I hated John Brodie, I was a big fan of the LA Rams who played SF twice a year and loved those games. Then SB XXIV didn't help the love. But I am rooting for them this year. I love their defense, Patrick Willis in particular. Ray Lewis doesn't deserve to go out with a win.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #74
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'll be rooting for the ratbirds. I can't stand the Niners and their pretentious fans. Niner fans are like patriot fans in that many of them think football was invented with Bill Walsh (the pats fans think football was invented with belichik and brady).

I'd rather the ratbirds win a SB than give the niners fans more fuel for their franchise being the greatest franchise to ever grace the gridiron. No thanks.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #75
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Next generation of the Rooney rule. Because the first one worked so well. And CBS is annoying the **** out of me.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote