The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #126
DENVERDUI55

I think ThirtyDegrees is a Macgruder handle or FREAK. He existence before the race thread was only to defend Tebow and rip Fox.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #127
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

F-saint Dungy. the nfl's problem is cronyism. how many chances do coaches like dennis green , joe bugel,norv turner, wade phillips -get?
Only a cheatin bastige like belichek would welcome a losing cheating moron like McD back into the fold.
the nfl would welcome Any insider, black or white into the fold than any outsider-black or white.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #128
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

ALSO first black QB in pro football history? Marlin Briscoe. QB Denver Broncos 1969.
blah blah james harris starting bills(black) qb in 1971.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #129
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't really have a problem if Black people want to date other Black people. They have a similar service for farmers
To be fair I don't think that was the original intent of sheepdeep.com or ewe****ers.org. it just kinda worked out that way.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #130
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
so...then you were wrong..great.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #131
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Just to be clear, you're talking about white people right?

Of course not. White people are not given the extra advantages and entitlements that other races are. I don't care if somebody is green as long as they are the best person for the job.

But we have thrown that motto away in America, and focus too heavily on hiring and helping based on skin color. That does not provide a climate for people to strive to achieve excellence; rather they strive to avoid hard work and look for what's "owed to them".
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #132
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't get it.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #133
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
...and there it is! What we have here is a liberal on crusade.....well, let me send you on a worthwhile quest -

Instead of asking why there aren't more black head coaches, with the pct. of fatherless black children being born somewhere in the area of 65-75% maybe you should be asking why there aren't more black fathers.
Because maury can only do a couple of tests a show.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #134
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

This is how to troll.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #135
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Oh, I'm really sorry if I've made the white privilege echo chamber here feel somewhat uncomfortable.
I'll never get over how ironic it is to see people who are supposedly fighting racism bring up one of the most racist notions of all time. PC anti-racist rhetoric is so poisonous and bigoted, and you people don't even see it.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #136
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just remember, spending a lifetime screaming "crackas be holdin' me down, yo" is worse than living an honorable life and truly facing discrimination. In one case you're being held down by someone else's ignorance, in one case you're being held down by your own.

I never understand these people who seem to be trying to change the world by preaching the ills of white folks and that's all they do about it. They're throwing away a lifetime over perceived unfairness and their need to whine and cry.

And if you're motivated enough to be part of one of those racial activist groups, this doesn't pertain to you. I f'ing hate your guts but at least you're not so lazy as to sit on your ass b****in' about the white man.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #137
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

These kind of rules are almost always counter productive. I know so many people that were not racist before a point in their life where they knew that someone took their spot due to one of these racial laws, you end up with someone not being hired or losing their job because the company or institution needs a certain amount of black/hispanic employees.

So now someone whos never been racist or thought about such a thing in their life starts to develop contempt... its the stupidest ****ing thing every conceived.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #138
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
These kind of rules are almost always counter productive. I know so many people that were not racist before a point in their life where they knew that someone took their spot due to one of these racial laws, you end up with someone not being hired or losing their job because the company or institution needs a certain amount of black/hispanic employees.

So now someone whos never been racist or thought about such a thing in their life starts to develop contempt... its the stupidest ****ing thing every conceived.
And it's particularly bad because there's no end state. We saw it in this thread already. A vast majority of NFL players are black so some think the coaches should represent that percentage rather than the national percentage at large.

In reality, we should probably be asking why so many blacks are in the NFL with such little white, Asian, etc, representation. Those numbers are far more skewed than the lack of black coaches. It's just a never-ending cry for a crutch.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #139
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

fact is whites will be the minority sooner than later and then will these anti-discrimination laws still be enforced or even in place? If it's just about numbers then these laws should help whites in the future right? As a matter of fact in some communities whites are the minority race so it stands to reason that they will get priority when jobs are available, right?

Or am I just living in a dreamland?

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 02-02-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #140
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

There's more women going to college than men, so shouldn't the colleges and universities amend their policies to attact more men?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #141
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Not sure why you guys are arguing with ThirtyDegrees. He called me a ****er-lover in a rep comment. Pretty vile stuff.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #142
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Y'all don't know what it's like, being male, middle class, and white.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #143
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Y'all don't know what it's like, being male, middle class, and white.
I guess you speak from experience? Or are you just another transgendered lesbian, african-american woman looking for a job?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #144
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fact is whites will be the minority sooner than later and then will these anti-discrimination laws still be enforced or even in place? If it's just about numbers then these laws should help whites in the future right? As a matter of fact in some communities whites are the minority race so it stands to reason that they will get priority when jobs are available, right?

Or am I just living in a dreamland?
Well, lets look at the issue from a socioeconomic standpoint when the time comes. I know this is a sensitive issue, and in the world of the nfl it is odd that the coaching ranks are overwhelmingly white when the players aren't, but I don't know why people don't understand that many African Americans have had a tougher road to travel due to slavery, post slavery racism, and the economic effects of both. It's obviously better than it once was, and will continue to get better as society evolves, but simply forgetting history because you weren't born early enough to see it is dangerous.

It's a tough issue
Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #145
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I guess you speak from experience? Or are you just another transgendered lesbian, african-american woman looking for a job?
I was actually just quoting a Ben Folds song. Or misquoting it. You're a pretty intolerant fellow though. I don't think you're a bad guy but you sometimes say things that are odd and then seem shocked when someone doesn't agree
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #146
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I was actually just quoting a Ben Folds song. Or misquoting it. You're a pretty intolerant fellow though. I don't think you're a bad guy but you sometimes say things that are odd and then seem shocked when someone doesn't agree
hmmm. I've never been called intolerant by anyone. I also know that liberals like you tend to put bad labels on people who don't necessarily agree with you on social issues. That's ok though, that's just how you operate because you got nothing else.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #147
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
hmmm. I've never been called intolerant by anyone. I also know that liberals like you tend to put bad labels on people who don't necessarily agree with you on social issues. That's ok though, that's just how you operate because you got nothing else.
My point exactly.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #148
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Well, lets look at the issue from a socioeconomic standpoint when the time comes. I know this is a sensitive issue, and in the world of the nfl it is odd that the coaching ranks are overwhelmingly white when the players aren't, but I don't know why people don't understand that many African Americans have had a tougher road to travel due to slavery, post slavery racism, and the economic effects of both. It's obviously better than it once was, and will continue to get better as society evolves, but simply forgetting history because you weren't born early enough to see it is dangerous.

It's a tough issue
I was just asking a question about numbers, that is, many institutions pass up well qualified people in order to fill a minority hire quota. So this should work for all races, right?

I agree about knowing history, it's very important. I guess my point is will history be forgotten or ignored when whites are no longer the "majority"? My point about colleges and universities now having more woman attending them is a good example. Title 9 has benefitted woman at the expense of men. So now that things are all equal, will these institutions of higher education amend these policies to some degree. It's a legitmate question to ask.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #149
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
My point exactly.
you have no point, which is my point. See, I can play your game too.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #150
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Also, just a little bit of interesting trivia, I know the woman who used to manage the Ben Folds Five... lol!