The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #101
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Carter is not playing man. He's responisble for a zone.
Keep up with who you have 4- 5 other players supposely playing 30 yards down field.

Denver coaches have told several local reporters Carter was suppose to bump his guy intially off the LOS

Believe what you guys want
Maybe this is part of the reason Milus was fired?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #102
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
#13 Robert Alford, 5-11, 188, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
Yep. Dude was the most instinctual CB in Mobile for me. Trufant and Poyer were way more physical off the LOS in Press, but that kid had unbelieveable route reading instincts. He had 5+'s in my grading to only one minus....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #103
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Maybe this is part of the reason Milus was fired?
There was more than one reason, but if Carter was told to Press in a Tampa 2 to slow down the WR and then play the flat like it looks like on film... He sure as Hell did not attempt a press technique there. The other thing that could have happened is the DB coach did not instruct him to press, even though the playcall was to do it. That has never happened before in DEN, (David Gibbs) Choke Choke....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #104
CEH
Ring of Famer

How does Robert Alford, 5-11, 188, CB, Southeastern Louisiana Chrones' disease affect his draft status. Matt Light played with it but I have heard him talk about it and it was not easy

Last edited by CEH; 02-02-2013 at 07:02 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #105
jerseyboiler120

Reliving that play is bringing tears to my eyes. Time is only making it worse, as people have forgotten about the bad calls in the game altogether. I lieve in New Jersey and not one person has mentioned anything about the refs since the day after the game. Not its all about how great flacco played and how talented baltimore is. We still should have won; all they had to do was stay behind the man.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #106
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
There was more than one reason, but if Carter was told to Press in a Tampa 2 to slow down the WR and then play the flat like it looks like on film... He sure as Hell did not attempt a press technique there. The other thing that could have happened is the DB coach did not instruct him to press, even though the playcall was to do it. That has never happened before in DEN, (David Gibbs) Choke Choke....
I cant fathom a play call where there are only 2 deep defenders giving the clock and field position.

I also dont see why "Carter pressing" is an even issue... disrupting the route wouldve made ZERO difference. It was a layup play for Moore, it's not like Jacoby was hit in stride or made a great a play... it was a lucky whiff.

Jamming would've done NOTHING.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #107
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I cant fathom a play call where there are only 2 deep defenders giving the clock and field position.

I also dont see why "Carter pressing" is an even issue... disrupting the route wouldve made ZERO difference. It was a layup play for Moore, it's not like Jacoby was hit in stride or made a great a play... it was a lucky whiff.

Jamming would've done NOTHING.
Well you really can't go back and say it would or wouldn't of worked. Your right Moore missed a gimme but say Carter had pressed Jones (who is a #4 WR in this league) to the inside or slowed him up maybe Flacco would of never thrown his way. We just will never know other than Moore screwed up but to say jamming wouldn't of done anything is just a guess.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #108
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well you really can't go back and say it would or wouldn't of worked. Your right Moore missed a gimme but say Carter had pressed Jones (who is a #4 WR in this league) to the inside or slowed him up maybe Flacco would of never thrown his way. We just will never know other than Moore screwed up but to say jamming wouldn't of done anything is just a guess.
[There is no appropriate eye roll smiley]
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #109
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
You could use your default bert stare or one of your other canned responses.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #110
Agamemnon

Quote:

This one doesn't suffice?