The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #51
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #52
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
He wasn't running conventionally this season.. Willis got all his yards off Peyton dinking and dunking to him because he couldn't get going running the ball.
I wasn't aware you were allowed to accrue rushing statistics after the quarterback passes the ball to you.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #53
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I wasn't aware you were allowed to accrue rushing statistics after the quarterback passes the ball to you.
If Willis was running so effectively then why were the Broncos unable to win games early on until they switched to the no huddle?

The no-huddle generated the run game... and even then the run game was only 16th in the league.. Peyton went to the team and made them a WORSE rushing team...

In the Ravens game they were out-rushed by them...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #54
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
If Willis was running so effectively then why were the Broncos unable to win games early on until they switched to the no huddle?

The no-huddle generated the run game... and even then the run game was only 16th in the league.. Peyton went to the team and made them a WORSE rushing team...

In the Ravens game they were out-rushed by them...
So, ok, now the goal of the NFL is to lead the league in rushing. What was the total Broncos offense ranked this year, what was it ranked last year?

I'll wait while you look it up.

I look forward to your spin about how Del Rio is a great D-coordinator and the entire world was afraid of Trindon Holliday so they let the Broncos score on offense because...i dont even know why.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #55
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Tebow is going to be replaced by a 300 pound QB that was out of football. He is that ****ing bad.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #56
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
So, ok, now the goal of the NFL is to lead the league in rushing. What was the total Broncos offense ranked this year, what was it ranked last year?

I'll wait while you look it up.

I look forward to your spin about how Del Rio is a great D-coordinator and the entire world was afraid of Trindon Holliday so they let the Broncos score on offense because...i dont even know why.
Everyone knows running wins in the playoffs... high passing offenses are only successful in the regular season.

If you can be a dominant running team you take it.. much more so than passing... If the Broncos could have been a dominant running team they'd have done it...

Last edited by MacGruder; 02-02-2013 at 12:42 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #57
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tebow is going to be replaced by a 300 pound QB that was out of football. He is that ****ing bad.
Yes.. no one knows quarterbacks better than the Jets... we should all care what they think. They know less about QBs than John Fox... That's bad... beyond bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #58
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

True story the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th and 8th leading rushing team lost in the playoffs. Also Tebow is done in the NFL thank ****ing god.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #59
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
True story the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th and 8th leading rushing team lost in the playoffs. Also Tebow is done in the NFL thank ****ing god.
The 49ers changed their style of play mid season... Kaepernick and Gore put up something like 340 yards rushing and Kaepernick rushed for more yards than any QB in any playoff game ever and beat a pure pocket passer in Matty Ice in the playoffs. Just like the Ravens beat the Broncos running the ball as well. The Pats also a weak rushing team.

The whole option offensive movement is generated by running... the Seahawks didn't move that direction fully until later in the season too. And they were tearing teams apart offensively..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #60
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

And RGIII has a serious knee injury in his rookie year. The option offense will not go away but these running QB will soon learn you need to throw the ball from the pocket and compliment the option offense

Tebow is too slow to run the pistol and can't throw from the pocket

Kap and Wilson has shown they can throw from the pocket

With RGIII, jury is still out after his knee injury will take away some of his running effectiveness and the skinny post will not be there on 1st and 2nd down.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #61
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Everyone knows running wins in the playoffs... high passing offenses are only successful in the regular season.

If you can be a dominant running team you take it.. much more so than passing... If the Broncos could have been a dominant running team they'd have done it...
No you don't high QB play and defense wins.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #62
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
The 49ers changed their style of play mid season... Kaepernick and Gore put up something like 340 yards rushing and Kaepernick rushed for more yards than any QB in any playoff game ever and beat a pure pocket passer in Matty Ice in the playoffs. Just like the Ravens beat the Broncos running the ball as well. The Pats also a weak rushing team.

The whole option offensive movement is generated by running... the Seahawks didn't move that direction fully until later in the season too. And they were tearing teams apart offensively..
New England was a great running team this year. Your right about the whole spread offense the thing is Tebow doesn't throw well enough to play in the NFL. That is a fact and he is going to bounce around until he bounces out of the league for a few years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #63
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Tebow had ribs issues this year and didn't even play. In 2011 he would not have been able to play the next game if the team had beaten the Pats due to a serious chest contusion

Tebow will never make it in the NFL just on his injury susceptibility due to the fact he can't throw and runs around a lot to compensate for his lack of reading NFL defenses

I bet if he plays TE he will still have injury issues ala Nate Jackson
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #64
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
New England was a great running team this year. Your right about the whole spread offense the thing is Tebow doesn't throw well enough to play in the NFL. That is a fact and he is going to bounce around until he bounces out of the league for a few years.
I don't disagree with what your saying,but I believe his career in the NFL is essentially already over. With his rabid fan base & questionable ability to move to another position, I don't see any team taking a chance on him. His best & only chance was Jacksonville,which 86'd the idea. There's a very slim chance that a team may take a chance,if tebow switches positions,but even that is unlikely.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #65
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Everyone knows running wins in the playoffs... high passing offenses are only successful in the regular season.

If you can be a dominant running team you take it.. much more so than passing... If the Broncos could have been a dominant running team they'd have done it...
You make great points all through this thread but the fact is Denver's defense is just not ready for primetime. If we ran it great we would still get gashed by Flacco. They came in to win that game, we played scared.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #66
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
And RGIII has a serious knee injury in his rookie year. The option offense will not go away but these running QB will soon learn you need to throw the ball from the pocket and compliment the option offense

Tebow is too slow to run the pistol and can't throw from the pocket

Kap and Wilson has shown they can throw from the pocket

With RGIII, jury is still out after his knee injury will take away some of his running effectiveness and the skinny post will not be there on 1st and 2nd down.
...how do you figure? PA is dependent on a run-threat, not an arbitrary down. If anything it's MORE effective on early downs.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #67
R-Mac
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The Broncos were one-and-done with Manning and we're still in this Tebow thing. The Broncos should be discussing if Rahim Moore can play FS, or if Champ Bailey really is an important piece for a playoff run.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #68
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...how do you figure? PA is dependent on a run-threat, not an arbitrary down. If anything it's MORE effective on early downs.
I suggested rgiiii will not be running as much and that space between the lbers and safeties will shrink
you got to admit rgiii passing tree was not that complex last year

No way shanny let's him run as much next year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #69
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
And RGIII has a serious knee injury in his rookie year. The option offense will not go away but these running QB will soon learn you need to throw the ball from the pocket and compliment the option offense

Tebow is too slow to run the pistol and can't throw from the pocket

Kap and Wilson has shown they can throw from the pocket

With RGIII, jury is still out after his knee injury will take away some of his running effectiveness and the skinny post will not be there on 1st and 2nd down.
Kaep is on a great team... sure his speed looks great on a great team but on a bad team he would get destroyed.. he looks really thin. You have to remember.. a lot of these guys wouldn't even have survived in the SEC like Tebow did let alone the NFL. Tebow's problem was Fox though.. Fox HELPED the defense attack Tebow the way he played offensively.

It's so terrible Tebow gets blamed for Fox's horrific lack of ability... Same thing with Sparano and Rex..

Last edited by MacGruder; 02-03-2013 at 03:33 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #70
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
You make great points all through this thread but the fact is Denver's defense is just not ready for primetime. If we ran it great we would still get gashed by Flacco. They came in to win that game, we played scared.
I think it's all about windows... windows as in your team has to think long term. Look at the Giants and Packers.. they looked like world beaters recently and then they didn't.

No team is going to be perfect in this era of parity. You just have to be prepared when things come together. If the Broncos were really ready to win now then Peyton wouldn't have to carry them. And he's not capable of carrying them through the post season now... I don't know if he ever was.. now he really isn't.

I think Tebow had more of a chance because he is built to take the brutality that you have to take for a whole season these days especially carrying a less than great team. AND the Broncos could have been building for the future.. getting better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #71
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I don't disagree with what your saying,but I believe his career in the NFL is essentially already over. With his rabid fan base & questionable ability to move to another position, I don't see any team taking a chance on him. His best & only chance was Jacksonville,which 86'd the idea. There's a very slim chance that a team may take a chance,if tebow switches positions,but even that is unlikely.
You forget... Tebow is going to look REALLY good to people if one of their QBS goes down... especially one of these running QBs.

Plus he will always have a place on the Pats... You don't think Belichick is eyeing Tebow now with Brady getting older and the NFL turning to the option? You would show these punks how you really run that offense with a guy like Tebow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #72
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
New England was a great running team this year. Your right about the whole spread offense the thing is Tebow doesn't throw well enough to play in the NFL. That is a fact and he is going to bounce around until he bounces out of the league for a few years.
That's misleading man... the Pats put up so many yards in general they skew their numbers... they look much better running the ball than they really are. They are a finesse offense. Bellichick has to play that style to protect Brady especially when they are rebuilding the defense.

And again.. if Tebow does bounce around the league it's because of what Fox and Elway did to him..then the Jets too... NFL coaches and personnel are the biggest a-holes on the planet. They screw Tebow over to try to hide their own inability it seems.

Last edited by MacGruder; 02-03-2013 at 03:51 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #73
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,428
Default

You and Gaff should so get together and fight imaginary crime Gruder .
You two would be the perfect team.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #74
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
You forget... Tebow is going to look REALLY good to people if one of their QBS goes down... especially one of these running QBs.

Plus he will always have a place on the Pats... You don't think Belichick is eyeing Tebow now with Brady getting older and the NFL turning to the option? You would show these punks how you really run that offense with a guy like Tebow.
Tom Brady getting older is the reason the pats drafted Ryan mallet. Tebow is done,
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #75
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Everyone knows running wins in the playoffs... high passing offenses are only successful in the regular season.
This hasn't been true in a decade. Last year the Patriots and Giants were ranked 2nd and 4th in passing offense and 20th and dead last in rushing offense respectively. Guess which team won the Super Bowl?

The year before that neither Super Bowl team had a rushing offense in the top ten and the Packers, who won, finished with the 4th ranked passing offense and 20th ranked rushing offense.

In fact going back ten years, the overwhelming majority of super bowl teams had offenses that favored their passing game over their running game and usually by a wide margin. The few teams that had better running games all had elite defenses (Pittsburgh, Giants in '07).

So you're wrong. The running game has actually proven to be completely unnecessary and shown no help in getting to and winning playoff games ahead of a good passing game and a good defense.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Denver Broncos