The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default IRS says Obamacare will cost $20K per year

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for a family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Under the law, the penalty for not buying health insurance is supposed to be capped at either the annual average Bronze premium, 2.5 percent of taxable income, or $2,085.00 per family in 2016.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-...e-20000-family
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

SHOCKING!!! A right-wing website posting a anti-obamacare article.

Google it & you'll find a long list of right-wing/tabloid/nutjob websites.

Last edited by peacepipe; 02-01-2013 at 10:20 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

What part of that article was anti-obamacare?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

To your edit, what part is anti These are the IRS' numbers. Maybe the IRS is is anti-obamacare. Hell, maybe obamacare is anti-obamacare. The Obama's arent going to use Obamacare, maybe they're anti-obamacare.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
What part of that article was anti-obamacare?
Lol the entire site is an anti-obama. So far the only sites pushing this,are site like wnd,drudge,etc. All have some major credibility issues.

Last edited by peacepipe; 02-01-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
SHOCKING!!! A right-wing website posting a anti-obamacare article.

Google it & you'll find a long list of right-wing/tabloid/nutjob websites.
This is from a Forbes article dated 7/3/12 that has the same figures for 2016.

Then, there is the amount of the tax. In 2014 the initial levy will be just $95. By 2016, it is scheduled to increase to $695 or 2.5 percent of taxable income—up to a maximum of $2,085 (indexed for inflation in subsequent years). It will increase, that is, if Congress does not slow the phase-in. And I’ve got a funny feeling about that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/...ng-to-collect/
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Lol the entire site is an anti-obama. So far the only sites pushing this,are site like wnd,drudge,etc. All have some major credibility issues.
So you think those numbers are bullshyt? Do you believe those costs are too high? Are they unaffordable?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The only solution? Medicare for all. We'll just **** around for years until everybody wakes up to that fact. I wonder how long it will take?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for a family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Under the law, the penalty for not buying health insurance is supposed to be capped at either the annual average Bronze premium, 2.5 percent of taxable income, or $2,085.00 per family in 2016.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-...e-20000-family
How much is the penalty?
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The only solution? Medicare for all. We'll just **** around for years until everybody wakes up to that fact. I wonder how long it will take?
We'll get there eventually,if I had to guess, sometime in the next ten yrs.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
We'll get there eventually,if I had to guess, sometime in the next ten yrs.
But remember Obama promised that "if you like your current healthcare plan, you can keep it" and if you like your current Doctor, you can keep seeing him or her.

Guess what, if you employer decides he doesn't like you current health care plan or Doctor you won't be able to keep either one.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
How much is the penalty?
2.5% of your taxable income, so most families without healthcare coverage through their employer will opt to pay the penalty and not take the bronze care plan. Therefore it's nothing more than a 2.5% tax increase on the middle class.

The good news is that the IRS will be adding 40,000 new IRS agent jobs and the benefits are excellent.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
But remember Obama promised that "if you like your current healthcare plan, you can keep it" and if you like your current Doctor, you can keep seeing him or her.

Guess what, if you employer decides he doesn't like you current health care plan or Doctor you won't be able to keep either one.
Imagine if your employer had nothing to do with your healthcare?

What a revolutionary concept.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Eitherway ,in ten yrs, we'll have Medicare for all.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Eitherway ,in ten yrs, we'll have Medicare for all.
Ask someone how hard it is to get a doctors appointment if you are on Medicare or better yet pick any doctor out of the phone book and call them to make an appointment.

The first question they will ask is what insurance coverage do you have, if you say none, they will tell you the doctor is not taking any new patients at this time.

If you say Medicare they will tell you the first opening will be in six months to a year.

I you have excellent insurance, you will get in the next day and it's perfectly legal for them to do this.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I highly doubt that people (in most cases) who are dependent on Medicare have to wait sixth months to a year before seeing a doctor.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ask someone how hard it is to get a doctors appointment if you are on Medicare or better yet pick any doctor out of the phone book and call them to make an appointment.

The first question they will ask is what insurance coverage do you have, if you say none, they will tell you the doctor is not taking any new patients at this time.

If you say Medicare they will tell you the first opening will be in six months to a year.

I you have excellent insurance, you will get in the next day and it's perfectly legal for them to do this.
BS,my mom is on Medicare & has no problem at all with getting an appointment when she wants to see her doctor. And get this she gets to pick the doctor that she wants to go to.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I highly doubt that people (in most cases) who are dependent on Medicare have to wait sixth months to a year before seeing a doctor.
They don't,pb is just making **** up as he goes along.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
They don't,pb is just making **** up as he goes along.
Surprise, surprise.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
BS,my mom is on Medicare & has no problem at all with getting an appointment when she wants to see her doctor. And get this she gets to pick the doctor that she wants to go to.
More physicians refusing to take new Medicare patients

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8177988/

The payment from Medicare for our services is less than it costs us to provide those services,”

As the first baby boomers turn 65, more Americans than ever will be turning to Medicare for insurance only to face the prospect of being turned away by providers.

In fact, more and more practices are considering completely disenrolling from the Medicare system. Though Medicare laws are designed to discourage physician nonparticipation, it is legal for providers to withdraw.

http://www.poweryourpractice.com/sho...care-patients/
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Pony at some point the govt will need to get creative to entice young medical students to become GP's. Right now its not enough money to really be the goal of most medical students. They are specializing to make the big bucks.

maybe we could grow the ranks by giving general practitioners some sort of tax break?

That would maybe shift more medical students to choose being a family doctor.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

At some point repubs will have to just admit we are stuck with Obamacare. Now we have to try and fix the things it really ****s up. The family doctor shortage started way before Obamacare but it gets worst because of it. Something will have to be done.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
My mom luckily not having a problem either. I think he is talking about new patients. Hopefully most of us already have a family doctor that cares about you. You're lucky you don't have to worry about your mom, I am also.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
My mom luckily not having a problem either. I think he is talking about new patients. Hopefully most of us already have a family doctor that cares about you. You're lucky you don't have to worry about your mom, I am also.
I live in an area where a lot of the residents are retired most are on fixed incomes and are dependent upon Medicare. I hear them ripping on Medicare unless they have purchased a good Medicare supplement package to fill the gaps.

The problem with Medicare and Medicaid is they dictate to the Doctors what they are going to pay for medical procedures and it sometimes doesn't even cover the cost.

Doctors also have to run several unnecessary tests just to cover their ass and Medicare will not pay for these tests. An easy fix to the Medicare problem would be to put all members of Congress on Medicare or better yet give everyone on Medicare the same health care package they have.

I'm lucky, I'm retired with awesome health care that will fill in the gaps when I'm required to sign up for Medicare.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
I live in an area where a lot of the residents are retired most are on fixed incomes and are dependent upon Medicare. I hear them ripping on Medicare unless they have purchased a good Medicare supplement package to fill the gaps.

The problem with Medicare and Medicaid is they dictate to the Doctors what they are going to pay for medical procedures and it sometimes doesn't even cover the cost.

Doctors also have to run several unnecessary tests just to cover their ass and Medicare will not pay for these tests. An easy fix to the Medicare problem would be to put all members of Congress on Medicare or better yet give everyone on Medicare the same health care package they have.

I'm lucky, I'm retired with awesome health care that will fill in the gaps when I'm required to sign up for Medicare.
If remember correctly, you also live in area that regionalized it's medical care because of the lack of doctors. Correct? The problem isn't medicare/medicad but lack of doctors.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote