The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
The thing I am cheering for this Super Bowl is that my squares come up ...come on 2 - 2!
6-3

just for fun though, would never gamble because that's illegal
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #27
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
There is nothing appealing about this Superbowl for a Broncos fan... That said, I'll be making my famous "Chili Dog Nachos", which are a hit with my friends and family.
That sounds pretty good , how do you make it?
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Last Superbowl that I didn't watch the entire game? Ravens/Giants.

I'll probably watch this one though.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't think there is a single Broncos fan that isn't still sick to his stomach when thinking about the playoffs and what could have been. We're all here on this forum because we're passionate about the Broncos. It had to be the perfect storm for us to lose and that's what happened. All we can hope for now is that the Broncos come into next training camp with an insatiable hunger to win it all. I know I've bought into that montra before that every team and all players and coaches come into the season hungry and I'm sure they do but when you're a team that feels it "should have" won and possible went to the Superbowl, I think there's just a bit more desire. Is that enough, I'm sure hoping so.

I know it's a passing league now but seems to me almost year in and year out the teams that do well in the playoffs, while they may be primarily a passing team, have run the ball well in the playoffs. I really hope we improve this running game. I think that's what helped us win back to back superbowls as Elway, much like Manning, was in the twilight of his career. You've got that stud back there how is always a threat to throw it but you need that running game to make it all work.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

For the first time in 17 years, I'm gonna go to a Super Bowl party. At Twin Peaks. That way if the game depresses me I can just look at ( . ) ( . )

It would be so easy to root for the 49ers if one of my 49er friends wasn't such an arrogant dick about his team. And I hate Ray Ray. This sucks.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #32
SaveusElway15

I'm with you! This Super Bowl is Sh@#, I can't root for either teams, Super Bowl XXIV and I hate the Rat-birds just as much as anybody...

Off Topic.

what the hell are you doing Joe Sacco!! D-Bag..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #33
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I have 1 wish for this super bowl - a huge ****ing 49ers win. I can't stand Ray Lewis and his fake christian bull**** and I want to see him get annihilated so he will slink away with his tail between his legs. I want to see on all the news shows, the last game of his career him getting run over by Iupati as Colin Kaepernick runs for the 7th TD of the game.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #34
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #37
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

It's hard to remember the last time I cared so little about this game. I'll probably watch if someone else around here turns it on, but I can't see taking the effort to actually walk over and pick up the remote.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

I still get pissed thinking about what could have been, I don't really care about this game. Maybe I'll pay attention to he commercials but they sucked last year.. I'm sure they will be bad again. I guess Beyonce might be interesting shaking her money maker.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #39
extralife
Ring of Famer

****ING NINERS YEAH **** YEAH I LOVE THIS SUPER BOWL
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #40
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Elway was older than Manning at the time in 1997... So yeah we can still hope for it. We just have more holes to fill I think.
Actually Manning was older with this loss, than Elway with the Jacksonville loss. And will be older when this season starts than Elway was when the next season started. Only by a few months.

As the SB gets closer the pain seems to come back. Ravens should not be there. I don't care that they beat the Pats, we would have too. I just hate that the Broncos made Flacco look like Joe Montana. I want the Ravens to lose, mainly because of Lewis. He doesn't deserve it.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #41
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
New front runner for the "Delayed Meltdown of 2013" award.
I kinda still think Loneshatz has him beat.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #42
ol#7

I am not going to watch. But kickoff is 3am here, so easy enough to avoid. I watched all of about 5 min of playoff football after we got beat. There were teams left I could of rooted for but not these two.

49ers who I have hated forever or Ravens so Ray can have a ring for each guy he murdered...

Hard to imagine a worse SB matchup for my rooting interests. Cowboys vs Raiders maybe...
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #43
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

The Super Bowl is when? I haven't paid attention for the last couple weeks.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #44
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
I kinda still think Loneshatz has him beat.
He's been having an early meltdown for like a decade now.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #45
jerseyboiler120

This one has me believing for the first time its all fixed (or at least it is fixed some of the time). For some reason the league decided to make it all about the murderer and the two crybaby brothers. I'm hoping there's a loophole in some old rule that will come into play during the game and both crummy teams will lose.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #46
DENVERDUI55

It sure isn't hard for me to root for the 49ers. I can't stand Baltimore and the gods plan BS.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #47
NOLA Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Swanson

So either me or my brother has lived in NOLA for 3 of the last 4 Sb's here. My brother for Broncos - niners (ugh) and me for Pats- GB (Denver choke vs jax) and this year. This totally sucks. I can't go 10 feet without a freakin reminder that the broncos blew it. This city is flippin crazy right now, and all I can think is that I should be seeing blue and orange every where. Barf.

Bright side is I saved a ton of cash and Mardi Gras is coming up.
NOLA Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:07 AM   #48
Muddled
Seasoned Veteran

passing through

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Foxworth

I haven't watched a minute of playoff football since the Ravens game and that won't change today. Nor have I been able to pay any attention to neither coaching changes, nor draft talk. It just irks me the way it all went down. it's one thing the refs made 8-10 blatant errors all favoring the Ravens, it's another that so many players failed to play to the level they had all year and a third that our coaching staff resembled a deer caught in the headlights, but all three at once left med in utter football depression. At times by habit I've checked in with various websites, but every time I've gone on immediately annoyed by some newsbit reminding me of the game.

It's odd, since normally I enjoy the playoffs even after the Broncos are eliminated, there's even a certain quality in being a neutral spectator, being able to focus on the game coolheaded, but this year, I simply can't move on. There's even been times where I've wondered whether this feeling would linger for next season, but for the first time today, I got mildly excited about a football article.

Quote:
Terrell Davis, one of only seven 2,000 yard rushers and a winner of two Super Bowls and a Super Bowl MVP, is not a finalist despite owning three of the top 18 rushing performances in playoff history while no other player appears more than once on that list. Davis surpassed 100 yards rushing in seven playoff games and averaged 142.5 yards in eight career postseason games. Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith, for example, also has seven career 100-yard playoff games, but he needed 17 games to accomplish it He also averaged just 93.3 yards a game.
The knock on Davis is that a knee injury cut short his career to seven seasons and 78 games. Limited, no doubt. Yet that's 10 more games than Gale Sayers, who is in the Hall of Fame. And if you insist on telling me that Mike Shanahan consistently churned out 1,000-yard rushers with the Broncos, please tell me why none of them but Davis reached the 1,800- and 2,000-yard plateaus. It's because Davis is special.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #49
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

I'm still upset as well. My friend is having a superbowl party and I'm not going. I haven't missed a superbowl in ages, but this playoffs loss hurts very bad still to this day. A missed opportunity. The Ravens should get blown out....I can't believe that weak team actually beat us...Still disgusted.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #50
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I will watch, but I am more excited about the Man U vs. the Reds (Liverpool) EPL game today.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote