The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #251
NickStixx

The play Moore made was a rare mistake... a fluke. I would put money on it that if they did that play 10 more times, he would make the play every time. Safeties are taught from Pee-wee football to keep the play in front of you, especially in that situation. He made a mistake... it's time we all move on.
I'm not saying he is the long term answer for that position, and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted another guy even this year. But I don't think that this is a play Rahim Moore messes up all the time, like some are saying.
Med, I get what you are saying by the play call, that should have been quarters deep, instead of the Tampa 2, which essentially just gave Rahim that 1/3 of the field to cover. But I cannot just simply believe that an NFL safety is that dumb.
Personally I thought Rahim made great improvements, and played well for us during the season, he just got beat and looked bad doing it at the most unfortunate time.

Last edited by NickStixx; 01-30-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #252
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
@ Rascal and Hef, I gave examples as to the type of replacement we would need to put at SDE to fill that role, yet somehow I'm being perceived as someone who wants to draft a DE? Funny cause I have been a big advocate of Wolfe staying put in this scheme, I referred to him as the Peanut Butter to Von's Jelly. But now apparently I want another Wolfe..?
You need to grow a thicker skin.

And yes, you want another wolfe to play the 3-4 DE spot on the other side as the player you described as wanting is basically wolfe. That's isn't a bad thing.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #253
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
You need to grow a thicker skin.

And yes, you want another wolfe to play the 3-4 DE spot on the other side as the player you described as wanting is basically wolfe. That's isn't a bad thing.
!! That's because I described the type of player we need if Wolfe moves inside. How is that difficult to comprehend?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #254
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
!! That's because I described the type of player we need if Wolfe moves inside. How is that difficult to comprehend?
Your circle jerk is complete. Congrats.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #255
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
The play Moore made was a rare mistake... a fluke. I would put money on it that if they did that play 10 more times, he would make the play every time. Safeties are taught from Pee-wee football to keep the play in front of you, especially in that situation. He made a mistake... it's time we all move on.
I'm not saying he is the long term answer for that position, and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted another guy even this year. But I don't think that this is a play Rahim Moore messes up all the time, like some are saying.
Med, I get what you are saying by the play call, that should have been quarters deep, instead of the Tampa 2, which essentially just gave Rahim that 1/3 of the field to cover. But I cannot just simply believe that an NFL safety is that dumb.
Personally I thought Rahim made great improvements, and played well for us during the season, he just got beat and looked bad doing it at the most unfortunate time.
Well, one thing we do know, Milus got fired. Sure, there are all sorts of alternate explanations for why that happened, and the Broncos want to send the message that it had nothing to do with just one play, but I don't buy it, frankly. A play that big? A mistake that big, that costs an entire season? It's the football equivalent to being the captain of the Titanic.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #256
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Your circle jerk is complete. Congrats.
Your strange..
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #257
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Your strange..
You do NOT know the half of it

However, Rascal knows his football. Been here a long time, since it was really about football. Now, he is older and his mental skills are not what they once were, but he knows football.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #258
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
You do NOT know the half of it

However, Rascal knows his football. Been here a long time, since it was really about football. Now, he is older and his mental skills are not what they once were, but he knows football.
His antics are strange.. Circle Jerk !!

Just when you give examples of a Wolfe replacement, you get linked to wanting him inside and not where he's most effective for our scheme DE. You know what I'm talking about.. Shake and Bake.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #259
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Bmore gots some shake. Bmore just gets baked.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #260
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Bmore gots some shake. Bmore just gets baked.
Ray told me it was just antler spray..
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #261
FrankieTwoThumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Dude, then I am massively Stupid

Moore did not have poor stats on the year, no one disputes that. However, the WHY is not that he played good enough to earn those stats. Teams attacked DEN underneath for most of the year as they feared a lethal pass rush and Moore played a ton of the deep safety. The guy who really got picked on was Mike Adams as you can plainly see in that article, because he drew the man under assignments that teams attacked. If Moore was all that and a bag of chips in coverage, HE would have been the guy to play the man underneath coverage like he did at UCLA.

However, there is a reason JDR let Adams play that coverage instead of the younger, quicker and more talented Moore. Moore has absolutely terrible instincts playing man coverage and has really poor technique when he has to flip and run. There is no way a DC with JDR's chops allows Adams to get beaten like a drum if Moore is the better cover player. These guys watch 30-40 hours of film a week for goodness sake and would make the adjustments.

What happened in the Playoffs versus BAL, was Caldwell figured out how to block the pass rush and expose Moore and the rest of the secondary with the deep ball from Flacco. That is Flacco's best Weapon. He is just average with the short and intermediate throws.

Moore's absolutely terrible technique, and awful preparation for the long balls got exposed and that is Why Milus was fired. He failed to clean up the safety's execution on very simple deep coverages. Just because other teams failed to have the right OL to exploit those weaknesses, does not make Moore a credible FS in coverage.

Now, is Moore a terrible FS. NO. Should they immediately replace him? NO. However, someone should be drafted to challenge his ass and put pressure on him to fix his poor technique and sloppy preparation mentally. Kid has talent, but so did Taylor Mays and he is twice the athlete Moore will ever be.
Soooo, what I am getting is that Moore sucks because Adams was beaten all year, and he is a terrible FS with absolutely terrible technique and awful preparation (and he is half the athlete Mays is), but he shouldn't be immediately replaced.
What was that first line again?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #262
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTwoThumbs View Post
Soooo, what I am getting is that Moore sucks because Adams was beaten all year, and he is a terrible FS with absolutely terrible technique and awful preparation (and he is half the athlete Mays is), but he shouldn't be immediately replaced.
What was that first line again?
Actually, what it means is that you have zero critical thinking skills and can not comprehend anything remotely complex. If you can not make it into a short 2 sentence jab that sounds like a Sportscenter highlight its just too much wasted of your valuable time. Especially, if you already have an opinion and are closed minded.

That is not even close to accurate About what I said, but hey if that's how you roll....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: