The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #126
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Part two is posted today.

As I have stated many times we do not have loads of money to spend, like so many seem to beleive and even less if they decide to keep Clady.

Considering shoulder surgery that is not s lock.
What is with you and Clady? Did he steal your milk money once, or something?

I mean you're talking about a OLT that's made the probowl three out of five years(should have been 4 out of 5, but 1 was stolen by Joe Thomas for no good reason). Is it because after blocking for 17 seconds to give up a sack on Tebow(in reality Tebow was running around like an idiot for 16 seconds)?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #127
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Well, jeez, since you've stated it many times, it MUST be right.
Finally you are getting it.. Was wondering if that would happen..

those that are expecting loads of off season moves being made and all those biggie talented UFA are going to be very surprised..

Pat was milked almost dry in the past and has set down budget that both Josh and John have had to live under..

This year he has to spend 80% of the cap.. which means about 108 mil still about 13 mil under the cap..

If that is the case which I believe it will be there is damned little funds to waste or to play with other than just filling out the roster with inexpensive guys..

Pat just does not have the sense of urgency that many of you have.. He will put out a damned fine team, barring loads of injuries will be competitive and IF the breaks fall our way we will be in the playoffs again..

While there are a few really good posters here I suggest those that are serious go to Itsalloverfatman and listen to the real stuff..

I suspect they are a lot closer to what will happen than most on here want to believe..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #128
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
What is with you and Clady? Did he steal your milk money once, or something?

I mean you're talking about a OLT that's made the probowl three out of five years(should have been 4 out of 5, but 1 was stolen by Joe Thomas for no good reason). Is it because after blocking for 17 seconds to give up a sack on Tebow(in reality Tebow was running around like an idiot for 16 seconds)?
Not at all He was a great OLT until his knee got blown out, since then contrary to popular opinion he is not what he used to be..

While everyone seems to believe he deserves elite money..

With the shoulder surgery AT best he gets tagged this year.. Until he proves to the powers to be that he healed up.. which means instead of spending 12 million this year on his new contract they spend less than 10 (9.66) and have not long term commitment issues in case he does not heal up..

read it a weep..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #129
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

shut up
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #130
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
shut up
I did not say a thing.. Stop reading if you do to want facts
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #131
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
I did not say a thing.. Stop reading if you do to want facts
JUST STOP IT MAN
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #132
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
JUST STOP IT MAN
Why so you do not have to actually think?

If you want to be a mindless drone then place me on ignore.

Then you can just putter away Inkana happy state of madden.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #133
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Why so you do not have to actually think?

If you want to be a mindless drone then place me on ignore.

Then you can just putter away Inkana happy state of madden.
CMON DUDE WHAT DON'T YOU GET
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #134
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Not at all He was a great OLT until his knee got blown out, since then contrary to popular opinion he is not what he used to be..

While everyone seems to believe he deserves elite money..

With the shoulder surgery AT best he gets tagged this year.. Until he proves to the powers to be that he healed up.. which means instead of spending 12 million this year on his new contract they spend less than 10 (9.66) and have not long term commitment issues in case he does not heal up..

read it a weep..
That means he still earned 2 probowls on a bum knee. Ooopppppsss did I say that out loud.

You have a pattern. You don't like Clady and DJ. Do I think that DJ is worth $6mil. No. But I do think that DJ is worth something to stay on the team. Thing is you have more against DJ who has help the team win more games then Mays who has done jack since signing his big contract. Is it because they were Shannahan draft choices?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #135
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I wouldn't be surprised to see broncos make a good offer, but not a slam dunk offer to Clady. He will want more. Broncos will tag him and he will show up right before season starts and sign his franchise tender.

I think Elway will want to lock him up 4-5 yr deal etc but Clady is going to demand to be the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL. Not sure with Mannings quick release and Cladys avg run blocking that is a smart deal for Broncos.

hes a good player though I like Clady.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #136
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I thought what Broncos offered Clady before seemed pretty fair and Clady thought it wasn't even close right? The good news is more and more college players are ready to play then ever before. Vets think bigger rosters will help them, but really that just gives them more room for good young players.

Im i wrong in thinking that? Or does it seem like the rookies are just better then ever? Seems like a lot more start early then ever before.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #137
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
That means he still earned 2 probowls on a bum knee. Ooopppppsss did I say that out loud.

You have a pattern. You don't like Clady and DJ. Do I think that DJ is worth $6mil. No. But I do think that DJ is worth something to stay on the team. Thing is you have more against DJ who has help the team win more games then Mays who has done jack since signing his big contract. Is it because they were Shannahan draft choices?
There you go thinking again.

I have more against dumb ass because he is a dumb ass.

Just because mikey sctprewed the pooch by giving him elite money in a long term contract just compounds the problem.

Last year everyone said woe is me what are we going to do without him. The best tacklers on the team, he led the team in tackles for the past few years.

What are we going to do.?

So John fubars it by signing Mayes to a longer term semi elite LB mney.

Fact is dumb ass had a whooping 14 tackles this year and WW led the team in tackles IIRC. Mayes was cut loose after a few games when it was apparent that he was a mistake. They put a totally over the hill guy in to run the defense and we shot up 20 some odd spots in the rankings. Without dumb ass playing hardly at all and if he was in the game he was not effective. Without our two most expensive LBs on the field hardly at all.

Hmmmmm
BTW IIRC my only comments about Mayes have been in support of John, John and JDR giving him huge contract thinking he was the man. Crap happens.

As for Clady at first I had little if any love for the guy. Then he turns out to be a damned fine OT. I have given him props since and really up till he screwed the pooch and team by being stupid and playing a pick up game of BB.

While he has gained honors the past couple of years. We all know that pro bowl honors are beauty contests and that many players are voted in on a popularity contest or name recognition.

Is he one of the best? I guess if John gives him 12 million a year that question will be answered once and for all.

But if he gets tagged this year will you admit that just maybe he is not the super hero you think he is.

Somehow I doubt that you have the huevous to do that.

I have never liked players that earn millions and screw over their team mates by doing something stupid and both Clady and DJ are at the top of that list.

Dj is gone from Denver he just has not gotten the memo yet, Clady and his agent know the tag memo is coming after the shoulder surgery why have you not figured it out yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #138
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I thought what Broncos offered Clady before seemed pretty fair and Clady thought it wasn't even close right? The good news is more and more college players are ready to play then ever before. Vets think bigger rosters will help them, but really that just gives them more room for good young players.

Im i wrong in thinking that? Or does it seem like the rookies are just better then ever? Seems like a lot more start early then ever before.
He was offered a good to semi get contract considering his play the past few years. IIRC last year led the league in holding calls. Allowed more sacks than ever before. His knee IMO has never healed completely.

Now they have a hammer to use in tagging him or asking him to take a very low contract with the surgery he is going to have.

No one wants damaged goods and certainly not going to give him a huge guarantee. The question is how they tag him, do they give him a chance to be claimed and then get a draft choice for him. Iirc one of the tags we get two number ones for the guy.

I'd do that in a heart beat as most likely they will be for a team that was a bottom feeder this year.

Or just two 15s are worth more than Clady at. 12 million + a year for the next 5 years. IMHO.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #139
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Isnt it only the top 51 salaries that count against it? Futures contracts really wouldnt apply?
We only have 50 players under contract as of now so yes they all basically apply.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #140
TonyR
Franchise Poster

IAOFM is suggesting this morning that the $18.5 million cap room figure probably doesn't include performance escalators triggered during the season so our cap room will probably be closer to $15 million.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...lready-eroding
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #141
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

I figured that was the case when reports starting come out yesterday about triggers being hit (Decker, Champ, etc).
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #142
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

I have never liked players that earn millions and screw over their team mates by doing something stupid and both Clady and DJ are at the top of that list.
are you really putting pick-up basketball on the same level as DUI and/or using PED's?

come on now.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #143
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Here's a cool doo-dad for 2012 salaries:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/inte...denver-broncos
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #144
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
We only have 50 players under contract as of now so yes they all basically apply.
none of the players signed (about 15) since the EOS are accounted for in the 18.5 mil, that has been bandied about.
That amount was originally figured at about 7 mil in the increase of the cap level this year and 11.5 being carried over from the surplus of last years cap.

Since we will go to about 90 for training camp. The real amount of money we have will not be known until they make the cut down.

Can you answer a question that no me seems to know. It is my impression that even though it is based on the top 51 players on the pay roll, it also includes those on IR for the year.
do you know for sure one way or the other?

If not what would stop a team from stashing players that are marginally hurt till next year when the cap values go up or an aging vet retires, or better yet waiting out the end of a contract that is due to expire like say Kuper or Champ..

Any thoughts on that.

Correct me if any of the above is incorrect as they say you are the cap Ace..
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #145
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
are you really putting pick-up basketball on the same level as DUI and/or using PED's?

come on now.
Yes, if he would have permentaly wrecked the knee, while having a guaranteed contract that is the same thing as being suspended for the year.

The team suffers because they do not have his talent on game day as well being unable to replace him (no money).

It is detrimental conduct to the team. The fact that DEN would have paid him or had to pay him for something that was prohibited in his contract, says volumes about Pat and his FO.

I realize that many in today's society feel entitled to do whatever they want to do because it feels good, but once your an adult and sign a contract, you should love up to it. Even as one sided as NFL contract seem to be, they should man up and do the RIGHT THING. In his case no pick up basketball.

Probably why initially it was not reported that way. He knew he did something not in his contract, was trying to weasel out.

But the truth always comes out , just like BM and his mc Donald's slip, Greise and his tripped over his dog.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #146
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Anyone up for cutting Champ and his $10 million bucks?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #147
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Anyone up for cutting Champ and his $10 million bucks?
I vote NO, considering him and Harris were considered the top CB duo on the NFL..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-cornerbacks/
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #148
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Effective immediately: The OrangeMane poster lonestar has been cut from the forums. A waiver claim was submitted by The (Cleveland) Browns Board.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #149
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
CMON DUDE WHAT DON'T YOU GET
Hey Sonny I'm not your dude.

What you seem to forget this is a message board to exchange ideas, some more popular like let's get every potential player on the planet and some more realistic, like we can't afford the players that were on last years team let alone revis and every other malcontent in the NFL that wants a new contract.

Facts are as of about now because of escalators (based on performance they are due more money this coming year than originally stated) in some of last year top performers we now have closer to 10 million not the 18.5 originally published.

If that is the case then without cutting players like DJ, Mayes, prater, we may not be even able to tag Clady. 9.6 mil. Let alone resign some ofthe other 18 or so UFA on the team in our last game.

Cold hard facts..
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #150
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote