The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
BABronco
RP2012
 
BABronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady
Default Legal immigrant reminds us why the 2nd exists.



Korean man speaks on 1/28/13 about gun rights and a little gun history.
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

"But if it saves just one life, it will be worth it"
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

"Societal decay?" Way too broad of a concept to even be useful. I would also argue that "societal decay" is what the older generation always thinks the younger generation is bringing about in era after era after era. Plato thought the younger generation of his time was engaged in "societal decay." And so it goes.

The guy makes some good points, especially the one about the riots in L.A. How does a free society guard itself against psychos? Who knows? Would the shopkeepers in L.A. have been able to hold off rioters with shotguns? Probably. Does anybody really need 30 round clips and armor piercing ammo?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"Societal decay?" Way too broad of a concept to even be useful. I would also argue that "societal decay" is what the older generation always thinks the younger generation is bringing about in era after era after era. Plato thought the younger generation of his time was engaged in "societal decay." And so it goes.

The guy makes some good points, especially the one about the riots in L.A. How does a free society guard itself against psychos? Who knows? Would the shopkeepers in L.A. have been able to hold off rioters with shotguns? Probably. Does anybody really need 30 round clips and armor piercing ammo?
Is gun availability now comparable to 30 years ago? Are school shooting rates comparable to 30 years ago?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"Societal decay?" Way too broad of a concept to even be useful. I would also argue that "societal decay" is what the older generation always thinks the younger generation is bringing about in era after era after era. Plato thought the younger generation of his time was engaged in "societal decay." And so it goes.

The guy makes some good points, especially the one about the riots in L.A. How does a free society guard itself against psychos? Who knows? Would the shopkeepers in L.A. have been able to hold off rioters with shotguns? Probably. Does anybody really need 30 round clips and armor piercing ammo?
Do we really need cars that can go 200+ miles an hour burning a gallon of fuel every mile? Do we really need sports in society, with all the injuries costing millions a year? Since when is a right have anything to do with "need"?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Do we really need cars that can go 200+ miles an hour burning a gallon of fuel every mile? Do we really need sports in society, with all the injuries costing millions a year? Since when is a right have anything to do with "need"?
I think we should be limited to 2 cars per family with fuel tanks no larger than 10 gallons.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I think we should be limited to 2 cars per family with fuel tanks no larger than 10 gallons.
That will make a sensible argument as soon as some whacko knocks off a room full of schoolchildren with a car.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That will make a sensible argument as soon as some whacko knocks off a room full of schoolchildren with a car.
You will always fail to see the true problem.

Sad that immigrants cherish our rights more than we do.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Do we really need cars that can go 200+ miles an hour burning a gallon of fuel every mile? Do we really need sports in society, with all the injuries costing millions a year? Since when is a right have anything to do with "need"?
So, your interpretation of the second amendment means you have the right to own an atomic weapon?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
You will always fail to see the true problem.

Sad that immigrants cherish our rights more than we do.
What is the true problem?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
So, your interpretation of the second amendment means you have the right to own an atomic weapon?
I have my application in the works right now to posses my own atomic bomb. Thanks for asking.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

We should probably ban the internet too. Lot's of child predators find children from it, not to mention all the child porn they distribute. Hell, if a kid gets bullied over the internet they might kill themselves. The internet must go. We must think of the children first!
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That will make a sensible argument as soon as some whacko knocks off a room full of schoolchildren with a car.
BS he is saying we could easily make many laws that would save at least one childs life. We could end football for all young kids because its too dangerous a sport. Hell look at all the adults with brain problems? How can we let our kids play that sport?

Also we drive fast. We could easily save lives with a 45 MPH speed limit. It will be worth it if we save even one life right?

Also this winter alone like 10 people have been killed by simply walking too close to the waves along the ocean. They got swept in. We could make a law saying no one walk near the water. It will save at least one life right?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
BS he is saying we could easily make many laws that would save at least one childs life. We could end football for all young kids because its too dangerous a sport. Hell look at all the adults with brain problems? How can we let our kids play that sport?

Also we drive fast. We could easily save lives with a 45 MPH speed limit. It will be worth it if we save even one life right?

Also this winter alone like 10 people have been killed by simply walking too close to the waves along the ocean. They got swept in. We could make a law saying no one walk near the water. It will save at least one life right?
What about all the people who are stabbed to death? Where is their justice? We can't have all these knives being sold to just anyone. Want a new set of steak knives? Pfft.... lets see your background. People die every year from skiing accidents, who really needs to go skiing anyway? We better make it illegal to own any ingredients to making bombs as well. Don't want another Timothy McVeigh blowing up a building with fertilizer. You don't need fertilizer. The new possibilities of safety are endless.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
What about all the people who are stabbed to death? Where is their justice? We can't have all these knives being sold to just anyone. Want a new set of steak knives? Pfft.... lets see your background. People die every year from skiing accidents, who really needs to go skiing anyway? We better make it illegal to own any ingredients to making bombs as well. Don't want another Timothy McVeigh blowing up a building with fertilizer. You don't need fertilizer. The new possibilities of safety are endless.
Not to mention skiing is bad for the snow, which turns to water, which we drink. And then they have to rip out trees for the runs. Also where are the animals supposed to run to when being ran down by a 50 mph skiier?

Dukes you are on to something here. If we make enough laws not one single person will die from anything but old age. Oh and if we put money into cloning maybe not even that!

First off though we have to make alcohol illegal. It kills so many and if it even saves one life it will be worth it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #16
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Not to mention skiing is bad for the snow, which turns to water, which we drink. And then they have to rip out trees for the runs. Also where are the animals supposed to run to when being ran down by a 50 mph skiier?

Dukes you are on to something here. If we make enough laws not one single person will die from anything but old age. Oh and if we put money into cloning maybe not even that!

First off though we have to make alcohol illegal. It kills so many and if it even saves one life it will be worth it.
What about prescription drugs? Thousands of teens abuse them every year. We need to force people who are precribed drugs to lock them into a government approved safe out of the reach of children. Ugh, I feel like I'm the only one who cares about the children!!
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Not to mention skiing is bad for the snow, which turns to water, which we drink. And then they have to rip out trees for the runs. Also where are the animals supposed to run to when being ran down by a 50 mph skiier?

Dukes you are on to something here. If we make enough laws not one single person will die from anything but old age. Oh and if we put money into cloning maybe not even that!

First off though we have to make alcohol illegal. It kills so many and if it even saves one life it will be worth it.
I think WE are on to something. Imagine a society without guns, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, knives, sharp sticks, 30oz sodas, salt and foul language. I feel a tingle running up my leg.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
What about prescription drugs? Thousands of teens abuse them every year. We need to force people who are precribed drugs to lock them into a government approved safe out of the reach of children. Ugh, I feel like I'm the only one who cares about the children!!
I could actually see them doing that lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I think we should be limited to 2 cars per family with fuel tanks no larger than 10 gallons.
Shhhhhhh. Do not plants anymore stupid ideas in the far left liberals heads.

For Gods sake be quiet or some moron will write dirty Harry or dummy finestien withe it as an original thought.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #20
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
What about all the people who are stabbed to death? Where is their justice? We can't have all these knives being sold to just anyone. Want a new set of steak knives? Pfft.... lets see your background. People die every year from skiing accidents, who really needs to go skiing anyway? We better make it illegal to own any ingredients to making bombs as well. Don't want another Timothy McVeigh blowing up a building with fertilizer. You don't need fertilizer. The new possibilities of safety are endless.
You are on a roll.

But every time you post one of these some moron will jump on that bandwagon.

Got to control your thoughts man. You are planting seeds that just may take over the earth.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What is the true problem?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #22
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Notice how when AR15s save lives they're called "semiautomatic rifles" but when they take them they're called "assault weapons"?

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #23
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That will make a sensible argument as soon as some whacko knocks off a room full of schoolchildren with a car.
One guy?

So I assume by this measurement that since over 10,000 people a year are killed in drunken driving crashes that you want to ban or severely restrict booze sales? Limits on how much booze you can buy, how large a bottle of booze, forced booze classes? Booze sales tracking?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"Societal decay?" Way too broad of a concept to even be useful. I would also argue that "societal decay" is what the older generation always thinks the younger generation is bringing about in era after era after era. Plato thought the younger generation of his time was engaged in "societal decay." And so it goes.
No, this is what societal decay looks like.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #25
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
One guy?

So I assume by this measurement that since over 10,000 people a year are killed in drunken driving crashes that you want to ban or severely restrict booze sales? Limits on how much booze you can buy, how large a bottle of booze, forced booze classes? Booze sales tracking?
You do realize we do that stuff, right?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Denver Broncos