The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #201
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I think we misapply it and clearly don't use it often enough. My specific suggestion here is to execute prisoners in the middle of the prison cafeteria during lunch hour. I think that would be a lovely deterrent. Unfortunately, of course, we have to be liberalized pussies about it and water down the entire process while tiptoeing around liberal sensibilities.
After all, Jesus brought the sword. He would have decapitated these mofos in the village square, like the Saudis do. Long live the King of Peace...

or something.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #202
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You guys actually have documentation that dates back to the 1600s on your ancestor arrival in the America's? Pretty impressive.
All of us truebloods can. Mongrols like you? probably not.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #203
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I don't. My mom does. She's a geneaology nut.

The oldest person I see is this fellow:

Henry BURT, born 1595, Harberton, Devonshire, England; died 30 Apr 1662, Springfield, Ma.
Woah! That's awesome W*GS! After my grandparents passed, they told me to carry on the geneaology tradition for our family. I've been working on a family history book with stories, photos, geneaology records, etc. -- and it's quite crazy. I really enjoy the stuff. Most people in my family think it is a waste of time.

I'm obsessed with ancestral crap and actually would like to do a DNA test sometime to find more information about haplogroups, but I hear it is pretty expensive. It's cool that your mom does that stuff. Maybe one day you will be the one in charge of all the records and research. Super cool!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #204
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Woah! That's awesome W*GS! After my grandparents passed, they told me to carry on the geneaology tradition for our family. I've been working on a family history book with stories, photos, geneaology records, etc. -- and it's quite crazy. I really enjoy the stuff. Most people in my family think it is a waste of time.

I'm obsessed with ancestral crap and actually would like to do a DNA test sometime to find more information about haplogroups, but I hear it is pretty expensive. It's cool that your mom does that stuff. Maybe one day you will be the one in charge of all the records and research. Super cool!
I got her going on ancestry.com - transferred what she had done to that site and she's going nutso. I recommend it.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #205
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Not in my view. The Bible is actually full of such things.

As I said, I think it would be a great deterrent. Liberals, more than anyone, however, would rush forward to shriek bloody murder about it.
And this is a good thing? How about a society that is based strictly upon the Old Testament? Specifically, my old favorite, Leviticus.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #206
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I got her going on ancestry.com - transferred what she had done to that site and she's going nutso. I recommend it.
I started into some of that stuff. The LDS have tons of info in the Denver Library. I discovered that my paternal line springs from the same clan as Eric the Red and Lief Ericson, who of course were driven from Norway for being cattle thieves. But other than that...

The reason I gave up on it was because of the numbers game. Go back 7 generations and you're talking about 128 direct ancestors. And that's just the great, great, great, etc grandparents.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #207
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I started into some of that stuff. The LDS have tons of info in the Denver Library. I discovered that my paternal line springs from the same clan as Eric the Red and Lief Ericson, who of course were driven from Norway for being cattle thieves. But other than that...

The reason I gave up on it was because of the numbers game. Go back 7 generations and you're talking about 128 direct ancestors. And that's just the great, great, great, etc grandparents.
Nice!

I guess the coolest thing I've found is documents going back into the 1700s where we had people leave Germany to Kleinliebental (outside Odessa, Ukraine) and then in on their way to America in the early 1800s. I look at pictures of the village my family left in the Ukraine and look at where they settled in America and it's no surprise. Flatlands, prairies. All the damn same. It's a German-Russian thing I guess.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote