The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #101
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Q: What if the Patriots lost to Denver, then let Welker leave and he signed with the Broncos?
—Brandon, Winston Salem

SG: (Unable to speak.)

Q: Where would that rank on the Betrayal Scale?
—Brandon, Winston Salem

SG: (Slowly turning bright red.)

Q: Is there even a betrayal scale? You should make one.
—Brandon, Winston Salem

SG: GET THE HELL OUT OF MY MAILBAG! GET OUT! AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!!!!!
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...playoffs-picks

I guess he doesn't have to worry about the "lose to Denver" part. But stealing Welker would sure be fun.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #102
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Spotrac, Rotoworld, various others I've been using for years. All pretty accurate, the above list is up to date and as I've said also accounts for futures contracts signed by players since the regular season ended often not reported globally such as Page, Robinson, Boren etc etc, players who may have been in camp with us before and are a long shot to make the roster.
Other than the last few players signed to futures contracts and I have only seen 3 max. Your 43 number does not jive. With the 35 I listed in the above post.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #103
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Spotrac, Rotoworld, various others I've been using for years. All pretty accurate, the above list is up to date and as I've said also accounts for futures contracts signed by players since the regular season ended often not reported globally such as Page, Robinson, Boren etc etc, players who may have been in camp with us before and are a long shot to make the roster.
Eddie Mac has been doing a great job reporting on the Cap here for as long as I have been here, Lonestar gets his info second hand from someone elses post and has the audacity to question Eddie Mac his sources?!

Amazing...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #104
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Other than the last few players signed to futures contracts and I have only seen 3 max. Your 43 number does not jive. With the 35 I listed in the above post.
Just read the list of players and you'll figure out who the futures guys are and who was on the active roster last year, some of them were on our practice squad at some point.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #105
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Eddie Mac has been doing a great job reporting on the Cap here for as long as I have been here, Lonestar gets his info second hand from someone elses post and has the audacity to question Eddie Mac his sources?!

Amazing...
Trollstar didn't even know about spotrac tell I brought it up in Bmores thread. Now he is a cap guru.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #106
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Amazing...
^ that. One of the few things I won't argue here is cap with eddie or Herc
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #107
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ that. One of the few things I won't argue here is cap with eddie or Herc
It's idiots like him who ran off all the great posters.

"Shanahan won SB's because Wade Phillips built his team!"

"The NFL hasn't seen the likes of Tebow! Go Gators!"

"I just requoted some dude on the InTErNetS so I know I am right, what are YOUR sources? Liberial kiddies think they are going to change the world, where were they back in 1778!"
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #108
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Amazing...
what is amazing is I used ONE source about the 7 million for the rookies cap number and it was CLEARLY shown in my quote of Bmore manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Denver rolled over 26 million into the Salary Cap in 2012, this made our Cap Total $147.26 Million of money available to be spent, which includes salary and bonus. Denver spent around $137.53 Million this season.. which means there’s about $10 million dollars of Cap Rollover into next season.. this is where I got my $10 Cap Room Number. That’s just rollover money, so this puts the spending mark limit around $131 Million roughly.. the Salary Cap is projected to be about $121 Million for 2013.

Now here is the intricate part which I said requires some pretty extensive research.. below is a list of the players under contract for the Denver Broncos heading into the 2013 NFL season and THEIR SALARY.. take note that this does not reflect the total salary cap number, because it does not include bonuses. I am not privied to what teams pay out for in bonuses prior to the season.. we know that there is typically a signing bonus associated with most contracts, and this guaranteed money gets prorated over the contract for several years. This is why when you go on spot tract you are only able to see Cap Hit for 2012.. in will say Salary, Signing Bonus, Other Bonus.. these numbers added up are what give you your Cap Hit for the year.

Manning $20 M
Dumervil $12 M
Bailey $9 M
DJ Williams $6 M
Kuper $4.5 M
Dreesen, Prater, & Tamme $2.5 M
Von Miller $2.28 M
Woodyard $2 M
Adams $1.75 M
Moreno $1.7 M
Hanie $1.25 M
Ayers $1.06 M
Caldwell $900 K
DT $836 K
Franklin $771 K
Ramirez & Hester $715 K
Beadles & Decker $575 K
Julius Thomas, Moore, Green, Irving, & Harris $555 K
Wolfe, Brewer, Malik Jackson, Steve Johnson, Bolden, Trevethan, Holliday, Hillman, & Osweiler $480 K

Salary Total Roughly $89 Million
So that is a current salary cap hit of $89 Million, this does not include bonuses, again I am not privied to bonuses because I do not have their actual contracts in front of me. But I do know based on viewing the amount of time left on current players contracts, there should not be a significant bonus cap hit… over the length of a time of a contract the cap hit either goes up or comes down, fortunately for us, our players with higher cap hits had more front loaded contracts, and what you see is what you get..

Signing Rookie Players
To sign a draft class will count about $7 Million against the cap..
This puts Denver at a $96 Million Cap Hit, this is with the list of players above and our signed draft class.. Remember this does not include the bonus money of players from the long list above, but that $7 million draft class is a very accurate total cap hit gauge.

Bonuses
As I have reieterated throughout the post, I am not privied to what the entire cap hit will be per player under contract because I do not know what their contract allows for in terms of bonuses. What I do know is the big name free agent who will get a huge signing bonus this offseason that will be prorated over the contract will be Ryan Clady, assuming of course he is resigned. When free agents sign a contract, they care more about the guaranteed money that they will get upfront and no matter if they are injured or not, salary is an after thought. Denver had $30 million dollars of bonuses towards the cap last season. If we assume that number is the same for 2013, then our cap figure is now $126 Million… this includes the entire list of current signed players, our draft class signed, and all bonuses included…
This will have Denver with about $5 million to spend towards impending free agents and free agents that will hit the open market. I just want to note I do not think the bonus money will account for some $30 million dollars next season, I expect about $20 million.. which gives us $15 million to spend towards free agency.

Impending Free Agents
Lance Ball, Justin Bannan, Keith Brooking, David Bruton, Tony Carter, Chris Clark, Britton Colquitt
C.J. Davis, Chris Gronkowski, Dan Koppen, Jim Leonhard, Sealver Siliga, Brandon Stokley, Mitch Unrein
Kevin Vickerson, Matt Willis, Tracy Porter, and Ryan Clady.

Conclusion
We are a very fortunate team in the NFL to have such a plethora of skilled young talent.. right now we are paying peanuts for guys who are doing great things on the roster. Regardless of who you think we should resign, who you think we should draft, who you think we should pursue in free agency.. you need to have a firm grasp of where we stand in regards to the cap. Maybe you think some deals should be reworked, maybe some players should be outright cut so we can increase our ability to spend.
My best assessment puts Denver with $5-$15 Million towards free agency spending.. that included our own impending free agents as well as whats their on the market. I spent several hours on this.. so make sure when you Draft Gurus use my numbers in your Mock threads, you be sure to give me a shout out, or reference that you got the numbers from me.. Enjoy the numbers and get creative!!
so go piss off

I have since been corrected by Kaylore (3.5-5 mil) whom I tend to agree with.. and have used that number in any and all subsequent posts..

Considering we may have spent that much the year before last picking #2 I can see where Bmore Manning might have gotten that number..

As for asking someone for their sources when they are not stated I have zero problems with doing so and will always challenge someone that has numbers I do not agree with after doing extensive research on the matter..

Since frankly I do not know the poster from adam and KNEW when i researched my post it was 35 under a 2013 contract not on the practice squad..

unlike some I do not spend every waking moment on the forum and frankly do not care to read up every poster most of which are kiddies and do not know their a ss from a hole in the ground about football.. and even less about business..

combine the two together and the number of posters I trust to have good information I can count on one hand and maybe now since you have enlightened me and due to his responses one hand and 1 finger..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #109
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Just read the list of players and you'll figure out who the futures guys are and who was on the active roster last year, some of them were on our practice squad at some point.
Thanks for being an up front guy about it.. so many trolls on here just wanted to know sources as so many are just pulling crap out of their a sses..

as I said in response to BS, I have not taken the time to analyze each poster for their knowledge.. I do not spend all day on here and can count on one hand the number of guys that are not full of crap..

Now I know you are legit I'll add one to that list..

I think more definitive stuff will be coming done the pike soon as the EOS cuts start..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #110
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Trollstar didn't even know about spotrac tell I brought it up in Bmores thread. Now he is a cap guru.
and I thank you for that the site I had been using for almost a decade recently restricted it only to NFLPA agents and players..

SO I am not quite the neophyte you think I am.. the past couple of years I frankly did not care all that much so have not posted much on it..

But several years ago I did loads of research on it..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #111
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
It's idiots like him who ran off all the great posters.

"Shanahan won SB's because Wade Phillips built his team!"

"The NFL hasn't seen the likes of Tebow! Go Gators!"

"I just requoted some dude on the InTErNetS so I know I am right, what are YOUR sources? Liberial kiddies think they are going to change the world, where were they back in 1778!"

I get it more BS from BS..

just which "great" poster (note the singular) have left since I started posting..

I have been lurking on here for years.. early 03 I think was when I started and frankly of all those great posters you claim I do not recall ever seeing them..

I chose not to post at the time as because I was on a couple of other forums.. this place at the time was a ****ing war zone..

I read and decided not to get into the war games..

as to your kiddie comment I find it hard to take the word about broncos from someone that started watching them when one of the following happened, Elway came to town, the drive, mikey was promoted to HC, cutlet was dafted, Tebow was drafted.. with each of them ongoing getting diminishing respect..

for the most part most members on here and other forums learned football from playing Madden or being a FF owner.. less than half have played the game other than in the back yard..

so IMO they are kiddies, that should post less and read more.. they just might learn something.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #112
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Read more here: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-primer-part-1

Quote:
Today, we’re going to be serious, and we’re going to dismiss all of the delusions of grandeur that a lot of fans and reporters have. A football team has to plan for both the short term, as well as the long term, and the long-term planning that the Broncos face doesn’t allow for the big splash signings that get people excited.

Let’s start by doing some math, and by understanding how the Broncos currently sit structurally within the constraints of the salary cap. The cap in 2013 is expected to be around $121 million, and the Broncos currently look like they’ll have $18.5 million at the beginning of the NFL year. It’s easy to think that they can just go out and spend $18.5 million in average annual value on free agents, but it’s not that simple.

If you think structurally about the Broncos, they’re very star-heavy. Here are the 2013 cap numbers for their five highest-paid players:

Player Cap number
Peyton Manning $20,000
Elvis Dumervil $12,500
Champ Bailey $10,500
D.J. Williams $6,900
Von Miller $5,300
Total $55,200
Total (excluding Williams) $48,300
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #113
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
48 players currently under contract including some futures deals announced in the last 1-2 weeks

Caleb Hanie $1,250,000
Willis McGahee $3,000,000* - SB proration remaining $1m, cut saves $2m

Jacob Hester $715,000
Andre Caldwell $1,000,000
Julius Thomas $651,000
CJ Davis OG $555,000
Justin Boren OG $405,000
Jeremy Beal DE $405,000
DJ Williams WLB $7,732,500 - $900k SB proration remains, cut saves $6.8m
Joe Mays MLB $4,166,667 - $670k still guaranteed, cut saves $3.5m
Mike Adams SS $2,000,000 - Nothing guaranteed, cut saves $2m
All of these guys are readily replaceable by players already under contract except for MLB.

Those cuts above give us another $20 million under the cap with the $18million we're already under.

The cap isn't a problem for this team. The biggest priority is to get the most out of a draft that's loaded with DT/CB talent.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #114
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
All of these guys are readily replaceable by players already under contract except for MLB.

Those cuts above give us another $20 million under the cap with the $18million we're already under.

The cap isn't a problem for this team. The biggest priority is to get the most out of a draft that's loaded with DT/CB talent.
Really, who is going to replace McGahee? Moreno and his 3.8 YPC?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #115
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Great news for Broncos, they need to stay away from expensive FA, draft wisely and start trying to re-sign their own players.

I imagine DJ, Mayes and Porter will be gone creating more cap space.
Porter only had a one year contract so he's already off the books.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #116
TonyR
Franchise Poster

IAOFM has a detailed post on this subject:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-primer-part-1
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #117
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Really, who is going to replace McGahee? Moreno and his 3.8 YPC?
Moreno effectively replaced McGahee towards the end of the season and was a better pass catcher and less prone to fumbling.

I hugely admire McGahee for bringing back some much needed toughness to our run game but $3million for a 32 year old back with a season struggling with injuries and fumbles is not what's best for this team.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #118
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I don't find it fun or interesting to worry about the cap like most of you.

As far as McGahee and is he worth 3 million a yr I would say no time to move on. Lets keep working on getting younger and more athletic.

I'd like to see us keep looking for a RB who is a real game changer. Just imagine what Broncos could do with a real breakaway RB like Jammal Charles. I'm really hoping titans cut Chris Johnson. He might not be worth the 10 million they have to pay him this yr but he got 0 blocking last 2 yrs. Hes on my fantasy team so i watched him a lot. Im telling you over half the time he has not 1 but 2 defenders in the backfield right at the snap. Its ridiculous how bad the oline was in Tenn.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #119
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
IAOFM has a detailed post on this subject:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-primer-part-1
Part two is posted today.

As I have stated many times we do not have loads of money to spend, like so many seem to beleive and even less if they decide to keep Clady.

Considering shoulder surgery that is not s lock.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #120
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Part two is posted today.

As I have stated many times we do not have loads of money to spend, like so many seem to beleive and even less if they decide to keep Clady.

Considering shoulder surgery that is not s lock.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #121
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I'm more concerned about the 2014 cap situation than the 2013.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #122
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
As I have stated many times we do not have loads of money to spend
Well, jeez, since you've stated it many times, it MUST be right.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #123
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Well, jeez, since you've stated it many times, it MUST be right.
well teh facts is bowel has ha budget and IIRc josh and not even mikey spend get all the cap after tanahan's DAFTING and free agent falyers. leash put on the cap because although mikey might been a decent coach no doubt was he a terribal managar. i myself have ran a buSiness unlike most of you madden draft kiddies who don't have a chekbok and waiiting on their allowances to pay fantasy football doos.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #124
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

That $18.5m has become around $10m now what with all the futures contracts and the incentive payraises that Walton, Beadles and Woodyard received.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #125
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
That $18.5m has become around $10m now what with all the futures contracts and the incentive payraises that Walton, Beadles and Woodyard received.
Isnt it only the top 51 salaries that count against it? Futures contracts really wouldnt apply?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote