The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #276
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
oh he's definitely cheap. he's more concerned with turning a big time profit than paying for a sure fire winner.
he's like Reinsdorf in that way. except Jerry will bend over backwards for the White Sox and go cheap with the Bulls(the Bulls are generally the 2nd or 3rd most profitable team in the NBA).
lol funny that you bring up Reinsdorf and his cheap ways with the Bulls. Being a Bulls fan, it's really aggravating for me. So sad that a top market like that has such a cheap owner. He doesn't like basketball; all he cares about is his white sox like you said.

edit: another egg on Ted's face is the whole Hockey Related Revenue fiasco. He's a big fat liar; he uses the profits from the caps for his own pockets or on the currently in the red wizards who have tickets going for less than $2 on stubhub sometimes
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #277
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
lol funny that you bring up Reinsdorf and his cheap ways with the Bulls. Being a Bulls fan, it's really aggravating for me. So sad that a top market like that has such a cheap owner. He doesn't like basketball; all he cares about is his white sox like you said.

edit: another egg on Ted's face is the whole Hockey Related Revenue fiasco. He's a big fat liar; he uses the profits from the caps for his own pockets or on the currently in the red wizards who have tickets going for less than $2 on stubhub sometimes
the Bulls made the 2nd most money of NBA teams last season and we can't re-sign Asik because that cheap bastard doesn't want to call Morey on his BS poison pill and go into the luxury tax.
then we have Teague sitting while Hinrich was playing like a cripple.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #278
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
the Bulls made the 2nd most money of NBA teams last season and we can't re-sign Asik because that cheap bastard doesn't want to call Morey on his BS poison pill and go into the luxury tax.
then we have Teague sitting while Hinrich was playing like a cripple.
I feel your pain. The Bulls have no excuse not to legitimately compete for the title so long as Rose is here. I mean **** all they have to do is get another star.

Boozer has been pretty solid this year but he was not a good signing and he isn't the piece they need.

Deng is who he is. Hinrich and Hamilton man I hope they aren't playing much come playoff time or we are screwed.

I was contemplating to go watch Bulls/Wiz on saturday but I knew I would get aggravated if I went especially after they beat golden state the night before so I just went to play hockey instead. They just don't have the firepower right now and are not a real contender until they get another superstar type.

I love Deng and Noah, but we need more. Rose needs more help and that's assuming he's back remotely close to what he was pre-injury.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #279
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I feel your pain. The Bulls have no excuse not to legitimately compete for the title so long as Rose is here. I mean **** all they have to do is get another star.

Boozer has been pretty solid this year but he was not a good signing and he isn't the piece they need.

Deng is who he is. Hinrich and Hamilton man I hope they aren't playing much come playoff time or we are screwed.

I was contemplating to go watch Bulls/Wiz on saturday but I knew I would get aggravated if I went especially after they beat golden state the night before so I just went to play hockey instead. They just don't have the firepower right now and are not a real contender until they get another superstar type.

I love Deng and Noah, but we need more. Rose needs more help and that's assuming he's back remotely close to what he was pre-injury.
the only way that will happen is if Rose starts making demands. but he truly feels he can win with his teammates and he wants guys who love to be in Chicago.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #280
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

damn, even PK Subban just signed. 2 year deal for a 2.875 AAV.
O'Reilly officially has no leg to stand on.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #281
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
damn, even PK Subban just signed. 2 year deal for a 2.875 AAV.
O'Reilly officially has no leg to stand on.
Subban's gotta be banking on a big season and a rather large extension this offseason. Otherwise, he got hosed big time on that one and his agent should be shot.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #282
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Subban's gotta be banking on a big season and a rather large extension this offseason. Otherwise, he got hosed big time on that one and his agent should be shot.
his agent is Mark Guy, who is the same agent who represents Ryan O'Reilly.
both are repped by Newport Sports Management. ran by Don Meehan who is the Scott Boras of hockey.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #283
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
He had no leverage, they had made a qualifying offer so he could sit down and not play and not get paid or he could work out a deal that would take him to unrestricted free agency and cash in. The alternative would have been the dreaded 2nd contract that is something like 5 or 6 years at around 4 million per like what Cam Fowler got.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #284
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He had no leverage, they had made a qualifying offer so he could sit down and not play and not get paid or he could work out a deal that would take him to unrestricted free agency and cash in. The alternative would have been the dreaded 2nd contract that is something like 5 or 6 years at around 4 million per like what Cam Fowler got.
no RFA really has leverage without being the unquestioned franchise player and driving force behind the team.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #285
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Avs playing in mid season form. Another 4-1 beat down making Dubnyk look like Patrick Roy. Special Teams looking Special Ed. 1 goal in 2 games. The Sacco extension grinds the gears that much more every game we play undisciplined sloppy uninspired hockey.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #286
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Avs playing in mid season form. Another 4-1 beat down making Dubnyk look like Patrick Roy. Special Teams looking Special Ed. 1 goal in 2 games. The Sacco extension grinds the gears that much more every game we play undisciplined sloppy uninspired hockey.
Edmonton is an up and coming team; having said that the Avalanche were no shows and were half assing until they scored that goal, then they tried to turn it up and play inspired hockey.

Bad night for the Avs. You can understand losing to a hot San Jose team, but to look like crap last night was not good especially after some solid home game performances where they had good energy.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #287
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Theres another goal before the popcorns even made, getting really sick of these first shot goals.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #288
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

So I'm at work just saw the ticker on my phone saying we are getting raped by NYI. Face palm. Won't be watching that DVR when I get home.

Get it the **** together dammit

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #289
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So I'm at work just saw the ticker on my phone saying we are getting raped by NYI. Face palm. Won't be watching that DVR when I get home.

Get it the **** together dammit
The Isles have strangely been playing some really decent hockey so far this season.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #290
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Edmonton is an up and coming team; having said that the Avalanche were no shows and were half assing until they scored that goal, then they tried to turn it up and play inspired hockey.

Bad night for the Avs. You can understand losing to a hot San Jose team, but to look like crap last night was not good especially after some solid home game performances where they had good energy.
This has been an on going thing. It's been the same **** since we made the playoffs his first year. Sacco was a mediocre player and he's a mediocre coach. Dumb penalties every night. Can't even make routine passes/plays. It's extremely furstrating to watch the same BS hockey for the 3rd straight year. There isn't a bit of any indication that Sacco is on the hot seat either!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #291
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
This has been an on going thing. It's been the same **** since we made the playoffs his first year. Sacco was a mediocre player and he's a mediocre coach. Dumb penalties every night. Can't even make routine passes/plays. It's extremely furstrating to watch the same BS hockey for the 3rd straight year. There isn't a bit of any indication that Sacco is on the hot seat either!
I can't believe how irrelevant Paul Stastny has become, if anyone ever needed a change of scenery it is that guy.

The defense is atrociously bad, Erik Johnson might be a decent player, and Jan Hejda would play for most teams, but other than those 2, none of the other backs would be in the top 6 on most rosters. Up front there is some talent, but not enough and no depth at all. The bottom 6 forwards reads like a middle of the pack AHL team.

The best hope for the Avs right now would be a complete failure, winning the Mackinnon lottery or at least getting Seth Jones, trading Paul Stastny for some kind of value to a team that has an excess of defenders and firding Sacco - out of a howitzer into the sun.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #292
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I can't believe how irrelevant Paul Stastny has become, if anyone ever needed a change of scenery it is that guy.

The defense is atrociously bad, Erik Johnson might be a decent player, and Jan Hejda would play for most teams, but other than those 2, none of the other backs would be in the top 6 on most rosters. Up front there is some talent, but not enough and no depth at all. The bottom 6 forwards reads like a middle of the pack AHL team.

The best hope for the Avs right now would be a complete failure, winning the Mackinnon lottery or at least getting Seth Jones, trading Paul Stastny for some kind of value to a team that has an excess of defenders and firding Sacco - out of a howitzer into the sun.
I couldn't agree more about your entire post.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #293
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

Damn...nailed it.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #294
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

To add, I think the same thing when I watch the pens but I think they can solve most of their problems by firing the coach. It sounds ****ty, but that kind of talent playing that ****ty should cost someone their job
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #295
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

This season will be a cluster****.

In all fairness to NYI, they have actually been playing pretty well despite their record. They are a very good offensive team. Having said that, I am sure Bylsma is feeling the heat since there were rumblings last year.

Flyers and Caps are so screwed. It's about damn time Mcphee is fired and honestly Ted is a ****ing bastard too, so **** him. Oates has a good system and they did it so well for 2 periods tonight but then returned to crap hockey. Just not a well constructed team.

Sacco does need to go. Re: stastny, it's become a damn pattern with all these long term contracts. I applaud Montreal for only giving Subban 2 years.

I hope Landeskog gets healthy soon because he is so damn important to the avs. I can feel that guy is going to be a great winner in this league. He is all about winning.

So far, I would say Tampa and Chicago are probably the most impressive. San Jose is doing their normal **** that won't work in the playoffs. I see they still have issues with the Ducks and their big bodies. Same old sharks.

My sleeper pick is Montreal. A Michel Therien coached team with Carey Price in net and a top PP is going to scare a lot of teams. I think they get in and scare some top seeds.

Just like the NHL season, I'm all over the place with my comments tonight
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #296
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Eastern Conference is so irrelevant to me even though so many important teams are in the East. No cross conference this season which sucks for the already limited veiwing opps at Anaheim but at least it is a true baseball style Stanley Cup Championship this season.
Ducks up 2 to 1 and dominating the Sharks who are undefeated this season and scoring at will. Best part of starting hockey in January is Ducks stink in September/October. This might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Onto the 3rd period.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #297
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Eastern Conference is so irrelevant to me even though so many important teams are in the East. No cross conference this season which sucks for the already limited veiwing opps at Anaheim but at least it is a true baseball style Stanley Cup Championship this season.
Ducks up 2 to 1 and dominating the Sharks who are undefeated this season and scoring at will. Best part of starting hockey in January is Ducks stink in September/October. This might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Onto the 3rd period.
I tuned in just in time. What an exciting last 3 minutes of regulation and OT.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #298
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Selanne goes off the post in the SO and the Sharks stay undefeated.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #299
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

firing Sacco would solve a ton of problems. the team opening the purse and signing some top defensive guys would also.
what has really hurt the team is banking so heavily on the farm and when they get to the show Sacco barely plays them.
if Siemens had developed like Hamilton we'd be straight on D. but he's too busy with his head up his ass.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #300
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Selanne goes off the post in the SO and the Sharks stay undefeated.
Them and Chicago are just killin' it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote