The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #201
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Im so happy to see detroit sucking. My least favorite and most hated team of any sport ever! Last time they came out of the lockout waaaaaaaay ahead of everyone else.
Now its nice to see the tables might have turned a little bit. Thomas did have a ridiculous save the other night though.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #202
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Because they are a very bad team. 3 bad losses to 3 non-playoff teams from last year.

GMGM sucks. Time to clean house.
Ovie's ran 3 coaches out of town.....it's not hard to see the root of the problem. If he and Green weren't out boozing in Arlington all the time, maybe Ovie would be in better shape.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #203
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

This isn't an Ovy thing, it's a GM that's hired 5 head coaches in his tenure and none have ever been a HC at the NHL level before.

It's a soft, unskilled team that's still immature because he thought they could all grow up together and none of them grew up.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #204
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
This isn't an Ovy thing, it's a GM that's hired 5 head coaches in his tenure and none have ever been a HC at the NHL level before.

It's a soft, unskilled team that's still immature because he thought they could all grow up together and none of them grew up.
and I believe that falls a lot on Ovie. He wants to do, what he wants to do. The first tough coach he had was Hunter. Hunter couldn't wait to get out of DC.....

What needed to be done was to give him a Mike Keenan/Hitchcock style head coach early on instead of letting him just be Ovie.

I think if that happened, he career would have gone more like Steve Yzerman than the current projectory of Alex Kovalev.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #205
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
and I believe that falls a lot on Ovie. He wants to do, what he wants to do. The first tough coach he had was Hunter. Hunter couldn't wait to get out of DC.....

What needed to be done was to give him a Mike Keenan/Hitchcock style head coach early on instead of letting him just be Ovie.

I think if that happened, he career would have gone more like Steve Yzerman than the current projectory of Alex Kovalev.
Hunter was only going to stay in DC if he got to the finals, he has a good thing going here in London and really seems to thrive in the OHL. Ovie was never a leader, he needs a strong leader on the field, not necessarily a Sakic but certainly no less than a Toews or Chara. I don't think a coach can truly control Ovy without rocking the boat too much, the only thing a coach can do is bench him which is counterproductive. A leader on the ice who can beat some sense into him is what he needs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #206
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Hunter was only going to stay in DC if he got to the finals, he has a good thing going here in London and really seems to thrive in the OHL. Ovie was never a leader, he needs a strong leader on the field, not necessarily a Sakic but certainly no less than a Toews or Chara. I don't think a coach can truly control Ovy without rocking the boat too much, the only thing a coach can do is bench him which is counterproductive. A leader on the ice who can beat some sense into him is what he needs.
now, yes, that is what is needed. They tried by brining the Arnott's and Knuble's but that didn't help
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #207
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Yes, they did.

It's just such a poorly constructed organization right now. Leonsis has allowed McPhee the opportunity to hire 5 coaches despite only 3 playoff series wins during a tenure that included 3 Division titles and a President's Trophy. McPhee was content to hope the young players matured together, he's refused to hire a HC with NHL experience, his FA signings are bargin basement and the ones he spends money on suck, and he can't draft for **** outside the 1st round.

I would honestly love to see them gut the team at the deadline except for a few players (Ovy, Backstrom, Alzner, and Carlson), fire GMGM, and hire someone like Burke to start over. McPhee isn't going to take them anywhere.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #208
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
now, yes, that is what is needed. They tried by brining the Arnott's and Knuble's but that didn't help
Arnott wasn't a good enough player and Knuble was just old, not a leader. They need someone who is good enough as a player and strong enough as a leader to really put him in his place.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #209
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Arnott wasn't a good enough player and Knuble was just old, not a leader. They need someone who is good enough as a player and strong enough as a leader to really put him in his place.
I disagree completely on those two. Arrnott was brought there for his leadership and had nothing good to say about the locker room when he left. There were too many people that cared only about their stats. Knuble was brought into be a veteran locker room guy and help on the power play.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #210
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Knuble is totally washed up.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #211
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I disagree completely on those two. Arrnott was brought there for his leadership and had nothing good to say about the locker room when he left. There were too many people that cared only about their stats. Knuble was brought into be a veteran locker room guy and help on the power play.
Being a leader is more than being old, it is about commanding the respect of other players, neither Knuble nor Arnott was in a position to command the respect of the locker room when they were in DC. There is a reason guys like Sakic, Chara, Toews, Lidstrom are such good leaders, they are strong personalities who have a talent level that other players look up and respect.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #212
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Being a leader is more than being old, it is about commanding the respect of other players, neither Knuble nor Arnott was in a position to command the respect of the locker room when they were in DC. There is a reason guys like Sakic, Chara, Toews, Lidstrom are such good leaders, they are strong personalities who have a talent level that other players look up and respect.
I again disagree. Arnott was sought at the trading deadline to be veteran leadership. Leaders lead regardless of age or personality....while the guys you listed above are captains and leaders, it is not for their strong personality (save maybe Toews) they are leaders by example.

Your Messiers, Yzerman's, Steven's were leaders that were strong personalities as well.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #213
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Wings finally seemed to click in the 3rd period against the Wild, the passing was crisp and even Johan Franzen seemed to play NHL hockey. I hope it lasts, but I am not taking anything for granted.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #214
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

B's just keep on rolling. 7 out of possible 8 pts so far.

All I have to say is.....Dougie freakin Hamilton. This kid is unreal.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #215
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Happy Birthday to me! The Canes get it together and sweep the home and home with the Slugs!!!

FU Buffalo!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #216
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

the problem with Washington is they're the Don Nelson version of the Dallas Mavericks.
they love running up and down and having shoot outs.
but the team doesn't play the type of game that wins in the post season. they'll thrive in the regular season and get a top seed, but they lack that grit, that toughness, that dog mentality to get them over the hump and through the wall.

it's not a Ovy problem, it's the entire organization.
Ovy's role is to be one of the most lethal scorers in the NHL and help the team score goals.
you don't try to make him something he's not and get mad when he doesn't respond like Boudreau and Hunter did.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #217
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Damn Pens wasted a 2 goal night by Sid and a 2-0 lead. Tons of turnovers. Get it together boys. Need a win on Sunday to get to 3-2.

Go Canes!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #218
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Damn Pens wasted a 2 goal night by Sid and a 2-0 lead. Tons of turnovers. Get it together boys. Need a win on Sunday to get to 3-2.
Just from glancing at the stat sheets it looks like Malkins line was having some problems defensively. Is that a result of the blue line, or is that line having trouble getting back? BTW I watched the Philly game, and all I can say is, I want Sutter back. I really miss that kid.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #219
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
and you see why it makes no sense to brag about be 2-0?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #220
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
and you see why it makes no sense to brag about be 2-0?
its in the DNA of pens fans

they are the loudest people on the planet when the team is winning.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #221
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
its in the DNA of Pittsburgh fans

Fixed.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #222
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
Fixed.
agreed, I thought that after I posted but couldnt be bothered to correct it
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #223
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm sure it was just a coincidence you started talking after you won 2 in a row.

Go Canes!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #224
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
I'm sure it was just a coincidence you started talking after you won 2 in a row.
You sure have me pegged, do any of these look fimiliar.

Quote:
Kneel before your masters, Finkle.

Kneel.
Quote:
Nice 6-3 beat down for PIT. 2 division road wins to start the year. Huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Flying so high.

Pens fans after 2 wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
its in the DNA of pens fans

Im the one who started talking after 2 wins ? Im not a pens fan, I know 2 wins don't mean squat.

Sorry i didnt get into the 2 page nut slobbering over how much of a good deal Zajac was, the nicest thing i could think of sayin was that it makes hartnells contract look good, next time ill post something just so you dont think im being a fair weather fan.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #225
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

If you were trying to show I posted only after wins you would be wrong. I have posted after each game win or loss. I did so after Toronto and Winnipeg.

Fail.

Go Canes!