The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #76
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Respect.

As someone who does not own a gun and only shoots when the military requires me to do so, I am all for taking away guns.

I am stationed in Japan and they have a gun ban and it seems to work out really well for them.
Ah just how many ghettos and what kind of a drug problem do they have there?

They are a different culture than we have. Probably why it works better there.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #77
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Across the board gun bans aren't necessary, gun LIMITS are what is needed. Amount and type of guns allowed need to be changed. No one needs an arsenal or a sub machine gun.
And no one has a sub machine gun, legally. They were outlawed decades ago.

Now are their automatic rapid fire fapirearms on the streets absolutely but they were not sold legally, registered or in the hands of a NRA member. For that matter solid citizens.

As for an arsenal, if you beleive as many do that the government someday soon may be coming for even more liberties than they have taken so far. Then we do indeed need an arsenal.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #78
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If I bought a .223 i think I could see myself going traditional like these guns. not sure i would even want the pistol grip military looking one.
They are all the same semi automatic rifles and their actions work in similar fasion. The first picture is an AR that people always call a full automatic machine gun or assault rifle. Another funny thing is everyone thinks AR's come only in .223 caliber.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #79
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
They are all the same semi automatic rifles and their actions work in similar fasion. The first picture is an AR that people always call a full automatic machine gun or assault rifle. Another funny thing is everyone thinks AR's come only in .223 caliber.
Most of the libs. Do not have a clue on what a firearm is.

There was a great demo by a chick that shoots competitively on Hannity the other night.

She shoot a .223 AR , a .306 a shotgun with a slug and normal shot shell, a 9mm and a .45. And demonstrated the difference in the hole sizes. Showed how the weapons worked.

If the moronic left libs would watch that demo that might have a clue. But they would rather stick their head up their rectums and beleive fenstien and her lies.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #80
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
And no one has a sub machine gun, legally. They were outlawed decades ago.

Now are their automatic rapid fire fapirearms on the streets absolutely but they were not sold legally, registered or in the hands of a NRA member. For that matter solid citizens.

As for an arsenal, if you beleive as many do that the government someday soon may be coming for even more liberties than they have taken so far. Then we do indeed need an arsenal.
I don't care what kind of arsenal you put together in your basement. One drone fires a missile from ten miles away and takes out you, your arsenal, your basement, and your house.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #81
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The point is, government can either limit the type of weapons allowed, or it can't. If it can't, then I should be able to own my own suitcase atomic weapon if I can manage to put one together. Or a fully auto 50 cal. Or a rocket launcher. Or everything from there in a continuum down to a slingshot if that's the way you want to read the 2nd amendment.

Bolt action rifles could be used for hunting. If you need a semi-auto rifle with a 30 round clip for hunting, then you need to find another sport, because you obviously suck at it and you don't get the ethics and anti-cruelty side of hunting.

Everybody tries to simply ignore the part about "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..." The founders were strongly opposed to standing armies. Clearly, a big piece of the amendment concerned the ability of the government to raise an army of Minutemen, if the need arose. We now have a "well regulated militia" that is twice what the rest of the world has combined. I doubt we need to worry about Homer keeping that musket over his mantlepiece.
The point is for the PEOPLE to retain the right to bear arms, against it's own government if need be... Just like the American Revolution.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #82
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rohirrim, Lonestar, and ElusiveOrton... I guess this is where we wrap up our participation in the thread. It's gonna quickly become WRP level.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #83
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't care what kind of arsenal you put together in your basement. One drone fires a missile from ten miles away and takes out you, your arsenal, your basement, and your house.
Yep just like a lib take shots from a far.

I guess they could also use a cruise missile.

You sound like a real nut.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #84
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Rohirrim, Lonestar, and ElusiveOrton... I guess this is where we wrap up our participation in the thread. It's gonna quickly become WRP level.
Frankly that is where it should have been had no idea it was not.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #85
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
As I said, media-driven hysteria. Nothing rational here.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #86
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Ah just how many ghettos and what kind of a drug problem do they have there?

They are a different culture than we have. Probably why it works better there.
Most of their gun violence is like ours: Perpetrated by gangs. There's just less of it.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #87
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Most of their gun violence is like ours: Perpetrated by gangs. There's just less of it.
They are carrying fully automatic weapons in some case just like our gang members are

Which are already illegal in the USA.

No need to make an semi auto (trigger pull for every shot) because hoods are using something that is illegal already.

Who is responsible for about 80% of the murders in the US, gang members who could care less if they are carrying unregistered weapons.

Far left wing nuts think they will turn in their guns. Ahahahahahahaha
Old 01-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #88
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Automatic weaponry isn't illegal, lonestar - they're considered Title II and subject to prior approval of the Attorney General, and federal registration is required for possession.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #89
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
The point is for the PEOPLE to retain the right to bear arms, against it's own government if need be... Just like the American Revolution.
He knows. He's heard it a hundred times. He just prefers a Constitution that can be interpreted to mean exactly what he wants. Even if it means ignoring Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Adams, Mason, Payne, Webster, or pretty much any other prominent founder you can think of. Rohir simply believes he has a better understanding of the nature of power than they did. In reality he's far more sheltered than they would've probably imagined possible.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #90
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I think it's fine for people to have guns. I have some myself. Obviously, our society, our people, have not attained a level of consciousness that recommends they have access to semi-autos with banana clips. Maybe the press shouldn't have "protected" American sensibilities and instead broadcast the pics from that classroom and we could all have a better idea of what we're talking about? Anyway, it's not guns that will protect us from the government. Mubarak had tanks and guns in Egypt and the people, for the most part, were unarmed. Didn't save that government.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #91
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I have question, do you even think that situation is even possible any more? We live in an era of social media, improved civil right/voting laws, 24 hour news cycle and active judicial and political activism.
anything is possible....you should know that.

Freedom is only one generation away from extinction.....it isn't something you can pass down to your kids and grand kids like genes. It must be preserved and fought for damn near every day.

Our forefathers and the founders knew the day may come when the citizens of this nation would have to fight back against an over reaching tyrannical government like they did when they formed this nation.....and it turns out in McMinn County, citizens did in fact have to fight back to be free.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #92
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm quite sure you take an oath to uphold the Constitution when you join the military, do you not?
Why yes, one does take a solemn oath to defend the Constitution, from all enemies, foreign and domestic....

I, ____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
ARs are not like other hunting rifles. They are high-power weapons in addition to firing multiple rounds quickly, their muzzle velocity is almost double that of a typical traditional shotgun. Plus they can be easily modified with 100 round clips and even a grenade launcher.

What happened to the days when you would go deer hunting with your 30-06 Springfield. Damn that is the only hunting rifle you'd ever need, great gun.
Umm, the maximum effective range is the same as a .30-06.....so it is in fact like other hunting rifles.

AR-15's cannot be fired any faster than any other semi-automatic weapon can be fired.

Many friends of mine use their AR-15's for hunting wild boars-javelinas, and have yet to see any of them bust out a 100 round magazine, let alone a grenade launcher, which btw would be an M-203.....which I'm sure cannot be purchased in your local gun shop or Walmart, and even if you could, where would you get the ordnance?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #94
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Newsflash: Semiautomatic rifles are not machine guns.
you and your ****ing facts....
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #95
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

All that being said you can get a hundred round clip with your AR 15 and shoot all hundred in 30 seconds.
Stop it man.....you're either ignorant as hell about weapons or you're just making **** up.

This is the specs for an M-16A2 military rifle which can be fired either semi-automatically or on full automatic

Cartridge-
5.5645mm NATO

Action -
Gas-operated, rotating bolt (direct impingement)

Rate of fire-

1215 rounds/min sustained
4560 rounds/min semi-automatic
700950 rounds/min cyclic

Muzzle velocity

3,110 ft/s (948 m/s)

Effective range

550 meters (point target)
800 meters (area target)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #96
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Even in a home invasion?
what eludes many on here is that many times the mere brandishing of the weapon sends the unarmed criminals running pissing their pants....and if my weapon is more intimidating than the weapon they are carrying, it will generally make them beat feet as well.

A gun is the perfect example of "better to have it an not need it than to need it and not have it"
Old 01-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #97
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
anything is possible....you should know that.

Freedom is only one generation away from extinction.....it isn't something you can pass down to your kids and grand kids like genes. It must be preserved and fought for damn near every day.

Our forefathers and the founders knew the day may come when the citizens of this nation would have to fight back against an over reaching tyrannical government like they did when they formed this nation.....and it turns out in McMinn County, citizens did in fact have to fight back to be free.
Outstanding post.

However they knew I do not know. But it is almost like they had a Mc Fly in the group to see what has happened in the past 4 years.

Why is it that far left radicals do not understand what is written.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #98
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Our democracy is that fragile that we need guns "damn near every day"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand
Our forefathers and the founders knew the day may come when the citizens of this nation would have to fight back against an over reaching tyrannical government like they did when they formed this nation.....
How?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #99
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Newsflash: Semiautomatic rifles are not machine guns.
This is.the problem with most. They are ignorant to the difference.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #100
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Our democracy is that fragile that we need guns "damn near every day"?

How?
Every time some mentally disturb whack job pulls the **** that Sandy Hook clown pulled, the government will try to reduce your freedoms a little more.

I liken it like a frog being put into boiling water....if you drop him in the pot of water that is already boiling (a massive ban on all guns regardless of make or model or magazine size) he will jump out immediately to avoid being killed.....however if you put him in a cool pot of water and then turn the heat on increasing it a little at a time (starting with a ban on this gun, then that gun) by the time he finally figures out that it's starting to boil it's too late.

As for how did the founding fathers know the day may come? Look at history dude.....our founding fathers learned their lessons by looking at how other nations were ruled by despots and over reaching governments, which is why the Bill of Rights was written.

The constitution puts limits on what the government can do....not what we the people can do.