The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Yes, weather

As I remember the entire nation enjoyed a very mild winter last year. Well, where I live we are definitely making up for it. We haven't been above freezing since Jan. 1st and most often in single digits and teens. A ton of snow still on the ground.

Today we had freezing rain. I know those that live back East experience this often. I never have. Knew it was coming this morning so got up early and thought I'd catch the freeway before it got here. Noticed a couple of drop on the sidewalk when I went out to the car. No big deal. Pull out of the garage and a few drops of rain on the window. A few more develop and I turn on my windshield wiper. OMG, instant sheet of ice and I can't see a thing! Don't get on the freeway, thank heavens, 128 accidents. Slid to work. Come out, slip on the ice, get to my car and it's a literal ice cube. This whole thing was unbelievable to me.

But, going skiing tomorrow!!!!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

need the pics, otherwise it's a non story
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I love when people post about the weather without any indication where they are like everyone should just know somehow.

No offense but you could live in Fairbanks Alaska for all 99% of the random people on this site know.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I love when people post about the weather without any indication where they are like everyone should just know somehow.

No offense but you could live in Fairbanks Alaska for all 99% of the random people on this site know.
Or hell...and it just froze over.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

76 today.

But I'm not telling where.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post

Sorry, I do think most everyone knows where I live. Salt Lake City. But I did live in Fairbanks as a kid.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Suckers.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
davidtkd
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Suckers.
^this. a balmy 81 today in the ATX.
davidtkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I hope an aids spitting cobra finds its way to you.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #10
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
76 today.

But I'm not telling where.
67 at my house in Denver today (really close to the stadium). That's right, 12 days ago it was the coldest game in Broncos playoff history. Now 67.

*sighs*
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

I'm north of you in Clinton, Gunns. My driveway is a sheet of ice. If I wanted this BS I'd live somewhere cruddy like Iowa!

I grew up outside of Logan. It's a different cold up there. My folks say it has regularly been -20 to -25 up there this winter. It's definitely been a cold one. I like winter and I'm even ready for this one to be done.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #12
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
67 at my house in Denver today (really close to the stadium). That's right, 12 days ago it was the coldest game in Broncos playoff history. Now 67.
I remember it doing that once on my birthday when I was a kid. My birthday is in December, and I grew up in Denver, so "white birthdays" happened a lot. The day before B-day, it snowed. I don't remember exactly how much, but it was several inches. The next day, it was mid-60s and the snow practically evaporated. I kinda miss that, cuz there's no feeling in the world like playing in the snow in the sunshine. :-)

I saw it go the other way too. I used to go to church camp down in the Black Forest for a week every summer, usually in June. One year a late snowstorm came through and dropped 8 inches of heavy, wet snow on us during the night. The camp staff & counselors moved us all out of tent camping and into the cabins at sundown. Good thing: the tents were big, old, rectangular, Army-style tents with wooden poles. A couple of the poles split and speared right through the mattresses where a couple kids would have been sleeping.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
I'm north of you in Clinton, Gunns. My driveway is a sheet of ice. If I wanted this BS I'd live somewhere cruddy like Iowa!

I grew up outside of Logan. It's a different cold up there. My folks say it has regularly been -20 to -25 up there this winter. It's definitely been a cold one. I like winter and I'm even ready for this one to be done.
I love Logan but it is one of the colder spots. The inversion has not helped. It seems like it's just us getting the extreme cold this winter in the west. Listen to these guys talking about 67 in Denver! And I'm excited about 35 here today. If I wasn't going skiing I'd pull out the shorts and flip flops!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

2nd mild winter in a row around here, despite everyone predicting a brutal winter for snow/cold. This week has been the first week consistently below zero at all, but still next to no snow. What little we've gotten this season has melted in a day or two.

December for us was especially weird. Way up in precipitation, but it was all rain cause it was 10-20 degrees above normal almost the whole month.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Damn....how's this for cold (from today's Boston Globe):

As New England’s highest point, Mt. Washington is the self-proclaimed home of the world’s worst weather. And today is proof: Current conditions at the observation deck have wind chill at just over 70 degrees below zero.

Currently, the summit’s air temperature, not factoring in the 105.9 mile-per-hour wind gusts, is 22.5 degrees below zero at the Mt. Washington Observatory. Sustained winds are clocking in at just over 87 miles per hour.

A live-feed of the summit on Thursday mostly showed ice, thanks to a nearly frozen-over pane of glass between the indoor webcam and the frigid outdoor air.

“In terms of our webcams from the observation deck, they point a heater directly at that window, but even the heater doesn’t stop the frost from forming outside today,” said observatory spokeswoman Judy Heininger.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Most of Jan has had a nice ridge of high pressure to the north of us (I'm in N Florida) and a decidedly mild winter so far. We've been down in the low 60s for a few days, but that's the extent of it. 72 and sunny today.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

It is freezing in NY (-6 C so about 15 F with windchill down to 2 F)

The incoming storm is called Khan so I blame Kaylore and his magic underpants for everything.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

its getting pretty cold here in california, it will be down to a high of 59 tomorrow, everyone's getting mad.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Enjoy your skiing. It hasn't snowed much or been cold in Dakota at all. The past few days have been below 0 degrees, but it has only happened maybe a week out of the whole winter. February usually gets cold, but I've been enjoying the 20s to 40s for the past two months. Anxious for Spring/Summer to come so I can get some traveling, cycling and hiking in!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
BroncsCheer

it got above freezing for the first time in 5 weeks here in Boise yesterday
i put on shorts and got out the lawn mower, until i realized it's a "false spring"
Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It is freezing in NY (-6 C so about 15 F with windchill down to 2 F)

The incoming storm is called Khan so I blame Kaylore and his magic underpants for everything.
There's a reason Mormon's don't fart.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

We've had some severe changes down here in Phoenix as well. Last week in the high 30's and at night we were in the high 20's. All my bushes died and tree's lost their leaves. That was some cold storm system we had. Now a week later we're back to high 70's and out hitting the mountain bike trails
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It's important to remember that the last few days are a very small location and sample size. While the east is a tundra, Denver, Colorado is dealing with near-record highs with temperatures in the 60s. When we expand our look to over the past month, record high maximums and minimums are running 2 to 1 ahead of record low maximums and minimums in the United States. The United States' average temperature in 2012 was 55.3F – 3.2F above the 20th-century average and 1F above the previous record, 1998. When you drill down to specific locations, there were 356 record-high maximum temperatures compared with only 22 low maximums – a 16 to 1 ratio – over the past year. There were 105 record-high minimum temperatures against only 4 low minimums – a 26 to 1 ratio.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weather/20...hill-cold-snow
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I love Logan but it is one of the colder spots. The inversion has not helped. It seems like it's just us getting the extreme cold this winter in the west. Listen to these guys talking about 67 in Denver! And I'm excited about 35 here today. If I wasn't going skiing I'd pull out the shorts and flip flops!
Just saw a story about the horrible air pollution on SLC, bummer!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I've had the A/C turned on the past 4 days.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote