The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
nyuk nyuk

Default Racial Groups Cry Foul Over NYC SuperSize Soda Ban

If this doesn't expose the NAACP as a fraudulent and irrelevant group, what does? If one wants more soda, all they have to do is ask for two drinks.

It's always delicious in any case to see liberals cannibalize each other. Here they're suing each other demanding access to oversized, unhealthy sugary drinks, even while many in the same crowd complain that minorities are given too much access to unhealthy vices compared to the rest of the population which exacerbates their obesity problems.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. As usual.

Foes of NYC soda size limit doubt racial fairness

NEW YORK (AP) -- Opponents of the city's limit on the size of sugary drinks are raising questions of racial fairness alongside other complaints as the novel restriction faces a court test.

The NAACP's New York state branch and the Hispanic Federation have joined beverage makers and sellers in trying to stop the rule from taking effect March 12. With a hearing set Wednesday, critics are attacking what they call an inconsistent and undemocratic regulation, while city officials and health experts defend it as a pioneering and proper move to fight obesity.

The issue is complex for the minority advocates, especially given obesity rates that are higher than average among blacks and Hispanics, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control. The groups say in court papers they're concerned about the discrepancy, but the soda rule will unduly harm minority businesses and "freedom of choice in low-income communities."

The NAACP and the Hispanic Federation, a network of 100 northeastern groups, say minority-owned delis and corner stores will end up at a disadvantage compared to grocery chains.

"This sweeping regulation will no doubt burden and disproportionally impact minority-owned businesses at a time when these businesses can least afford it," they said in court papers. They say the city should focus instead on increasing physical education in schools.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

No guns and now no gulp ...... WTF

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You don't get it do you, kid? Kentucky Fried Chicken is illegal everywhere in Colorado.

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
No guns and now no gulp ...... WTF
It's oppression. Racial oppression.

And when Auraria Campus took out the Tampax dispensers and replaced it with Advil and Tylenol dispensing... Gender oppression.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

they actually spend time caring about whether a soda ban is racial? black people are funny.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
they actually spend time caring about whether a soda ban is racial? black people are funny.
This is no laughing matter, buddy!

Give me what I want or you're racist, and if it harms me, it's your fault and you're racist!

We must combat these obvious examples of institutional white supremacism wherever they appear! Denying they exist is a form of institutional white surpemacism!

Do not disgaree with me or you're institutionally white supremacist! Do not disagree with or even question my every complaint or accusation because if you do you're part of the global white supremacist conspiracy!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's not just the blacks .........

Latinos Lend a Hand to Soda Ban Fight in New York City

The president of Hispanic Federation, which is supporting a lawsuit against New York City over its controversial soda ban, called the law “short-sided” and “senseless.”

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/hea...new-york-city/
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
It's not just the blacks .........

Latinos Lend a Hand to Soda Ban Fight in New York City

The president of Hispanic Federation, which is supporting a lawsuit against New York City over its controversial soda ban, called the law “short-sided” and “senseless.”

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/hea...new-york-city/
Give me my sugary drinks or you're a racisssss...

You see, I'm too stupid to buy 2 drinks instead of one, so I want it all in one huge cup or it's proof that your are institutionally racially oppressing me.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Huh. Feeling oppressed, nyuk? Your feelings are important. Would you like to share these feelings of oppression, and how long you've been feeling this way?
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
Huh. Feeling oppressed, nyuk? Your feelings are important. Would you like to share these feelings of oppression, and how long you've been feeling this way?
The minute these lyingegotisticalsexisthypocriticalbigots took away my super sized cup and told me to buy it in 2 smaller cups instead.

FIGHT THE POWER - BURN YOUR BRA.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
L0L!

No group is more oppressed than white Christian males living in the Bubba Belt.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
L0L!

No group is more oppressed than white Christian males living in the Bubba Belt.
Oooh, Bubba Belt. Sounds like a racial slur. How about Darktown? I would use Hymie Town, but liberal hero Jesse "rumpranger" Jackson already coined that one.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
The minute these lyingegotisticalsexisthypocriticalbigots took away my super sized cup and told me to buy it in 2 smaller cups instead.

FIGHT THE POWER - BURN YOUR BRA.
Two smaller cup... sizes?

(I tried burning my bra once, but it didn't work very well. The firefighters and paramedics weren't appreciative, and having a fire extinguisher turned on me wasn't nearly as much fun as a can of spray whipped cream. Tho I do think the ER staff is probably still laughing about it.)
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Two smaller cup... sizes?
Yeah, can you believe the raw nerve of these bigots? I'd have to carry TWO friggin cups to equal one big drink. My other cups are fine.

Quote:
(I tried burning my bra once, but it didn't work very well. The firefighters and paramedics weren't appreciative, and having a fire extinguisher turned on me wasn't nearly as much fun as a can of spray whipped cream. Tho I do think the ER staff is probably still laughing about it.)
Interesting considering firemen in specific, at least that I've known, embody the term that "firemen are always in heat." They are very horny people. Cops tend to be more anal retentive and anti-civilian. Even then though, there are horny ones that pop out now and again.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Your soda is too large, citizen.

"It be cuz I'm brown, right?"

Elections have consequences, citizen. To each according to his needs.

"Dats raycest!"

Thank you for your lockstep compliance.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

It's an infinite feedback loop of progressive utopia. On one hand you have an obtrusive nanny state forcing private business to arbitrarily reduce the amount of soda they may sell to a customer. On the other, you have groups of minorities who arbitrarily play the race card to protest the nanny state. The same race baiters vote overwhelmingly for the nanny staters, and will continue to do so. It's heartwarming.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote