The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #2226
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
I'll just add, the whole state of Florida completely and utterly suck, as a whole. As a matter of a fact it is a stinking hole.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #2227
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Baba Booey....I'm hearing more changes on the staff. In addition to being OC...Coley could coach TE rather than QB. I heard Mario wants to coach the line do he could slide there and Art could get "promoted" to a job in the AD. I feel bad for him...dude is a the definition if a true
Cane but he is really old and not great at recruiting. Heard Steve Walsh wants in.. at QBs.

Or Carroll could be let go which I don't want. He hot us Sand land and is our West Coast recruiting guru. But it was suggested Al hired him as a favor to his Dad so that Pete would agree to let Fisch go from the Seahawks a few years ago as he was gonna promote him until we came calling. Fisch is no longer there obviously. I still would like to keep him.....he is a good recruiter.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-24-2013 at 03:31 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #2228
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Miami has hired FSU OC James Coley for the Canes vacant OC position. This is a huge recruiting coup. As I mentioned in an earlier post he was their Ace in South Florida. I think we will lock up WR Stacy Cooley now (no relation)....and Alex Collins.

I don't think he is an upgrade from Fisch as an actual OC but he is a beast of a recruiter.

We will lock down South Florida with him and Mario and Al.

Your class is going to take a hit Req.
Looks like Stacy will be getting that Lamborghini a few years early. You can't have him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #2229
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Nebraska Has Longest Super Bowl Streak

Thanks to Baltimore Ravens punter Sam Koch, Nebraska's Super Bowl streak lives on.

According to Dan Apple, the assistant director of communications for Florida's football program who has compiled the data, at least one former Cornhusker has been on one of the teams in the big game for each of the past 20 years. That is the longest streak by any college in the country.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...owl-streak-far

100% the reason why we are not in the SB this year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #2230
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Looks like Stacy will be getting that Lamborghini a few years early. You can't have him.
...you've got a decent shot with Stacy, but I think after yesterday things have changed. It will be close. The kid was at the BBall game last night with the rest of our recruits and had a great time. The students were chanting his name along with Collins and 6. Our biggest asset there is his HS coach is a former UM running back who is trying to steer him to us. The kid is an independent thinker (and a bit of a headcase at times), so its no lock, but between his HC, the NCAA stepping on their *****, and the U stealing your stud SoFla recruiter, I am starting to hear good things about Stacy being a Cane, after FSU leading for much of the year.

Sorry bro, but we're going to take an axe to your class and your top targets. We've got a ****load of all-world recruiters now. Big Al, the Cuban Sandwich (James Coley and Mario Cristobal), Michael Barrow and Brennan Carroll.

We've got SoFla on lockdown now Req. You're out of luck. Big Al and the two Cubans could close in a millionaires whorehouse.......with 2 dollars and a pack of gum.

We got your boy, Req and now we're gonna steal your kids. Ruh-roh!

Stacy is going to look great in orange and green!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-24-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #2231
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Nebraska Has Longest Super Bowl Streak

Thanks to Baltimore Ravens punter Sam Koch, Nebraska's Super Bowl streak lives on.

According to Dan Apple, the assistant director of communications for Florida's football program who has compiled the data, at least one former Cornhusker has been on one of the teams in the big game for each of the past 20 years. That is the longest streak by any college in the country.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...owl-streak-far

100% the reason why we are not in the SB this year.
Well, then. We need somebody from Nebraska. Any suggestions?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #2232
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Req....heard Keith Bryant has committed t the FSU staff last night...nice win for you. That's someone I really wanted at DT.

I heard 6 will still make his FSU visit this weekend but in reality its down to Miami and Alabama with UM ahead.

Heard Stacy Coley is close to committing to us.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #2233
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Getting Bryant is nice considering all the DL talent we have graduating. Looks like that will help big time especially if Vanderdoes and Adams do not commit to FSU. I've read a lot of forums where people are worried of the guys Coley helped recruit switching over to Miami and others who helped recruit could go elsewhere. One of them being our top OL commit Austin Golson. With just a week or so left in the process, a lot of nails are biting. If Coley, Kirkland and Thomas all go to Miami that will be a coup of epic proportions.

Looks like FSU got a 4 star recruit (ESPN, etc. -- 3 star on rivals) to switch from the Golden Gophers to us -- from an Alabama HS. Some people were laughing. He looks pretty good from the highlights I saw. Werner and Rhodes were once 3 star guys and they will end up being first round picks this year.

At any case, FSU is still blowing Miami out of the water right now. 20 commits to 13, with us having as many 4 star guys as you do total recruits. We are still in the running for various five star guys and a plethora of Top 15-20 positional talent in the nation at their respective positions. A few more core guys and it will be another successful recruiting year for Nole Nation.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #2234
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Kirkland has grade issues so I dunno what will happen with him. Also heard staff is cooling on him...not sure why kid is an elite lineman.

Req we aren't going to have a huge class numbers wise since we took 33 last year. We will end up at 17-20.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-25-2013 at 05:05 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #2235
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

MacIntyre intends to go with the pistol as a base formation at CU. I guess he'll be looking at setting up a power running scheme. The CU stable of QBs doesn't appear to have the kind of running QB he'll need. His first pickup is a fast DB/athlete. We'll see.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #2236
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

woot woot, Derrick Green #1 RB in the nation commits to Michigan. it's good to be a Wolverine.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #2237
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
woot woot, Derrick Green #1 RB in the nation commits to Michigan. it's good to be a Wolverine.
Sadly, I hated Rich Rod so much that I'm not sure I'm much of a Michigan fan anymore. I haven't lived in the area since I was 11 and pretty much from the day RR was hired, I refused to watch a Michigan game. I thought I could turn it back on after he was fired but Robinson just always reminded me of the terrible mistake they'd made. Hopefully it's better now that Robinson will be gone but I don't know.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #2238
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Sadly, I hated Rich Rod so much that I'm not sure I'm much of a Michigan fan anymore. I haven't lived in the area since I was 11 and pretty much from the day RR was hired, I refused to watch a Michigan game. I thought I could turn it back on after he was fired but Robinson just always reminded me of the terrible mistake they'd made. Hopefully it's better now that Robinson will be gone but I don't know.
that's a more than silly stance. Robinson helped keep Michigan relevant through the horrible down times at Michigan.
as horrible a debacle as Rich Rod's tenure was it forced UM to finally change with the times on several levels.
Michigan was already on the decline and Rich's tenure made it even more obvious when he forced the change in style.

i loved watching Denard do his thing through the good and the bad.
he's gone on to be one of the best players in Michigan history. he won a BCS bowl game and he beat OSU.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #2239
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Signing Derrick Green was big for Michigan....they have had very average RBs the last several seasons.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #2240
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Signing Derrick Green was big for Michigan....they have had very average RBs the last several seasons.
we haven't had a RB for **** since Mike Hart and he was a 3 star surprise who shouldn't have been that good.
Michigan was bad at developing players during the last vestiges of the Carr era.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #2241
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure Derrick Green is the best RB you even have in this class. I've seen Smith play a few times and he's very good.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #2242
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Don't hate on Fitzgerald Toussaint, Youngstown native.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #2243
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Fitzgerald Toussaint is the best back on the team right now, but he's above average, not a back that will carry a team.

He's no Mike Hart, Anthony Thomas, Jamie Morris, Tyrone Wheatley, Chris Perry, or Tim Biakabutuka....running backs that could carry the team on their back.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #2244
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1260928.html

Toledo Out-Duels Big Boys For QB

Not even a final-hour offer from in-state power Clemson could stop Hilton Head quarterback Michael Julian from committing to Toledo Friday afternoon. The dual-threat signal-caller also turned down Wisconsin, North Carolina State, Boston College, and others.

Toledo head coach Matt Campbell is known throughout the college football world as one of the top young coaches in the country, and a tremendous recruiter.

Friday afternoon, Campbell and the Rockets landed a commitment from Hilton Head star quarterback Michael Julian. The 6-foot-5, 195-pound, dual-threat chose Toledo over the likes of Clemson, North Carolina State, Boston College and Wisconsin.

"I have committed to Toledo," Julian stated Friday. "They were with me from the start and stayed with me all the way. A lot of great programs came in late, but Toledo impressed me from the start and I love the coaching staff. My second choice would have been Boston College."

"My family loves the coaching staff as well, and we have all built a great relationship," he added. "I visited there a few weeks ago, and just loved everything about the school. I was at their camp last summer in Cincinnati, and that's when the relationship started. I'm going to go in there and work as hard as I can, and see where that takes me."

Hilton Head head coach B.J. Payne was quite enthusiastic about the potential of his star quarterback.

"Michael is going to be great at Toledo, and he's a kid that has the arm strength and athleticism to succeed at the next level," Payne stated. "Michael is the fifth straight quarterback I've coached that has gone on to Division-I, and he has a chance to be great."
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #2245
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
I'm not sure Derrick Green is the best RB you even have in this class. I've seen Smith play a few times and he's very good.
Between Derrick Green and DeVeon Smith, Brady Hoke should have that stud RB he's been looking for.

The competition between those two will be good for the team.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #2246
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
oh he is definitely the best one. dude is a absolute freak of nature.
his drive and hunger is insane. he's not going to get outworked.
i'm not trying to short change Smith at all. Smith will be very good, Green will be special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Don't hate on Fitzgerald Toussaint, Youngstown native.
he's a solid back but he's not an elite type and is coming off of a very bad knee injury.

Quote:
Between Derrick Green and DeVeon Smith, Brady Hoke should have that stud RB he's been looking for.

The competition between those two will be good for the team.
only real issues now are CB and WR. no elite guy at either position.
though Countess was looking really good before hurting his knee vs Bama.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #2247
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Derrick Green is a fabulous back and has been a Michigan lock for sometime...nonetheless, it is an impressive get for Brady Hoke.

It will be interesting to see over the next few years whether he has a better career than Alex Collins. Despite Collins HC actively pushing him to Arkansas (and previously Wisconsin, he is buddies with one of the coaches on Bielema's staff), we continue to expect Collins to be a Cane on signing day. Latest estimate from someone I very much trust is 70% chance for UM.

I look forward to seeing possibly the best 1-2 punch in college football with Collins and Duke next year as our Thunder and Lightning.

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-27-2013 at 08:47 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #2248
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Staff pulled Kirklands offer......claiming no more room.

Unwise.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #2249
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The staff just ruined everything. Ice is pissed and will never help them again. ****
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #2250
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Staff pulled Kirklands offer......claiming no more room.

Unwise.
Could've just been tired of waiting and didn't think they would get him or it was their way of being nice to him if he really would've had trouble making the grades.

Definitely is interesting, though, and it seems like the kind of move that could have cascading effects.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote