The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Want an abortion after a rape in NM? Soon you might be charged with felony tampering with evidence.

GOP = nutbags

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...nce/?mobile=nc

The original bill: http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%2...use/HB0206.pdf

Last edited by Fedaykin; 01-24-2013 at 01:06 PM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Gotta protect our children. More children are murdered by abortion than by assault weapons.

FTR, I honestly do think this is quite ridiculous. Abortion because of rape is understandable.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think there is a certain amount of time a woman has that she can choose abortion no matter if rape or not. 2 things here. First is PROVE to me there is a GOD and then and only then can you even begin to talk about a soul and when that soul would enter the a human fetus. Since you can't PROVE there is a GOD, you can't argue that. Second is, world population. In 20 more years the population will be close to 8 billion. We add 80 million humans every year. The world resources will be devastated by then. I don't think abortion will even be an issue in 30 years. What will be an issue is if any family in any country will be allowed more then 1 child.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

This thread is going to turn into the same argument people have been having for decades. Nobody will change their mind. Biological life begins at conception. Sometime in the next 9 months, it turns into a human. The moment it turns into a human is open for debate. My personal opinion is that it happens when the genetic code is in place for human being to develop. This happens at conception. Others believe humans happen later when certain human parts develop. Everybody interprets it differently.

Last edited by Arkie; 01-24-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think there is a certain amount of time a woman has that she can choose abortion no matter if rape or not. 2 things here. First is PROVE to me there is a GOD and then and only then can you even begin to talk about a soul and when that soul would enter the a human fetus. Since you can't PROVE there is a GOD, you can't argue that. Second is, world population. In 20 more years the population will be close to 8 billion. We add 80 million humans every year. The world resources will be devastated by then. I don't think abortion will even be an issue in 30 years. What will be an issue is if any family in any country will be allowed more then 1 child.
1. The greatest thing about God is faith. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.
2. I agree that as long as it is within a certain amount of time. I don't like people pushing their beliefs on me (gun control) and don't push mine on others. After a certain amount of time it's a moral, not religious issue.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
1. The greatest thing about God is faith. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.
2. I agree that as long as it is within a certain amount of time. I don't like people pushing their beliefs on me (gun control) and don't push mine on others. After a certain amount of time it's a moral, not religious issue.
Faith isn't a substitute for actual evidence.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Well I happen to believe in God myself but I'm looking at it from a logical view, not a faith based view. I can't prove God does exist and I can't prove a soul is real. Some people say they have felt God or that they know for sure they have a soul but that's just their own minds reasoning of what their brain is feeling. Absolutely believing in God is 100% faith. But I also don't think God and politics mix all that well. You HAVE to understand that some people don't believe in God and you can't force them to. If a woman who is pregnant that does not believe in God, you can't tell her that at conception she has a soul living in her and can't have an abortion or it's against the law. If God intended on sending another soul to earth for life, I think he would not send one to a woman who is going to have an abortion, what would be the point. I don't think an intelligent being like God would send a soul down to earth and then the woman aborts and God goes oops, welcome back to heaven little guy. Cmon. If you're looking at this from a spiritual view, it only makes sense to me that a soul would become alive at birth. But I do get your point on the moral issue. I think that's why I would support a certain time limit to have the abortion, for any reason, but afterwards only if harm was going to cost the mother serious injury or death. What's that time limit, who knows, maybe when the baby has a sex. Works for me.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Soul or no soul, there's a scientific plan in motion for the embryo to become a fully functional human being. It happens so fast, from a sesame seed to a watermelon in 9 months.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Faith isn't a substitute for actual evidence.
I'm sorry that you can't understand the power of faith.
But I understand your skepticism in having faith being an Obama supporter and all
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Gotta protect our children. More children are murdered by abortion than by assault weapons.
Just think of assault weapons massacres as late-late-late-late-late-late term abortions.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
GOP = nutbags
Excellent! One person represents the whole. So OJ Simpson represents all black males, Roseanne Barr represents all Jewish women, and Pablo Escobar represents all Latino men!

I see where you're going with this - straight into Super Genius Land!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I'm sorry that you can't understand the power of faith.
But I understand your skepticism in having faith being an Obama supporter and all
The left understands the power of faith - as long as that faith is placed in secular humanism, social revolution, and charismatic leaders.

Amen and amen!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I totally have faith in Jesus Christ.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I totally have faith in Jesus Christ.
We all do.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Excellent! One person represents the whole. So OJ Simpson represents all black males, Roseanne Barr represents all Jewish women, and Pablo Escobar represents all Latino men!

How many GOP politicians saying stupid things about rape does it take for us to label it a pattern? 15? 20? We're getting close!
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post

And if only this one GOPer had acted this crazy (on this or a myriad of other topics), you might have something resembling a point.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Fetuses are not children, and abortion involves the discussion about two living things: the fetus and the woman.

Quote:
FTR, I honestly do think this is quite ridiculous. Abortion because of rape is understandable.
So, murder is sometimes acceptable?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
This thread is going to turn into the same argument people have been having for decades. Nobody will change their mind. Biological life begins at conception. Sometime in the next 9 months, it turns into a human. The moment it turns into a human is open for debate. My personal opinion is that it happens when the genetic code is in place for human being to develop. This happens at conception. Others believe humans happen later when certain human parts develop. Everybody interprets it differently.
An embryo and a fetus are definitely human. It's also definitely alive. That's not the issue though. There are two:

1.) When does a fetus become a person.
2.) Whose rights are more important, the fetus's or the woman's?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
An embryo and a fetus are definitely human. It's also definitely alive. That's not the issue though. There are two:

1.) When does a fetus become a person.
2.) Whose rights are more important, the fetus's or the woman's?
1. Biologically, it's an individual human when the zygote forms. Our law says it isn't a person yet, but some of us believe it is.

2. In the case of Individual Rights, they should both be equal. The woman's rights are more important in cases of rape, or if it endangers her life. I don't think her convenience alone qualifies as the right to terminate another individual.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
So, murder is sometimes acceptable?
Sometimes hard decision's must be made.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #21
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
1. Biologically, it's an individual human when the zygote forms. Our law says it isn't a person yet, but some of us believe it is.

2. In the case of Individual Rights, they should both be equal. The woman's rights are more important in cases of rape, or if it endangers her life. I don't think her convenience alone qualifies as the right to terminate another individual.
What about my convenience? Why is hers so damned important?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote