The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #51
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Elway knows that manning will retire after couple of years..the window is very short.
If fox coaches the same way he did in his career, he will be fired after the season.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #52
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

John Fox, John Ralston. They both can't close and are too eager to take their half a loaf and go home.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
No. But lately it seems there's quite a few stupid threads being started. This is just one example. Maybe armchair isn't worst but some of these threads are ridiculous. There's even a seperate thread started for an argument that was in another thread
Nevertheless, the Broncs just shat the dang bed dude. Pat Bowlen was doing a giggity-giggity dance when Manning signed, and one-and-done resulted. Bowlen was furious, why shouldn't fans be?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #54
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I have trouble considering losing in the divisional round after a bye as less successful than winning a wildcard game first.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #55
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Nevertheless, the Broncs just shat the dang bed dude. Pat Bowlen was doing a giggity-giggity dance when Manning signed, and one-and-done resulted. Bowlen was furious, why shouldn't fans be?
Being mad is one thing. Constantly bashing the team and its coaches are how cowboy/giants fans act. It's perfectly OK to question fox. I did. But what are we going to do? Fire him? Revolving doors are installed in ****ty teams offices.

The real situation here isn't about fox coaching. It's about bitterness some people have with fox and Elway cause they shipped out their hero. They had to bite their tongue the entire season and when a SB wasn't happening they jumped on the chance to bash this FO. Still crying about shipping out garbage.

Being upset that Fox had no balls is one thing. Being upset cause there's still bitterness is another.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-24-2013 at 03:50 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #56
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
John Fox, John Ralston. They both can't close and are too eager to take their half a loaf and go home.
I can't put my finger on it, but something about Foxy reminds me of Bobby Finstock.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #57
Armchair Bronco

As far as I can tell, the purpose of this thread wasn't to advocate that John Fox should be fired (of course, if he *were* fired, that would make me happy). Rather, it was to solicit feedback on WHEN he will inevitably be fired, whether that's next year or 5 years from now.

In fact, I speculated that he'd be the HC for another 5 years, which is more time than most folks (even supporters) have given him.

Almost every coach has been fired at least once. And 90% or more of those that have never been fired will eventually be fired. There aren't many coaches who have left a team on their own terms. Tom Landry didn't. Don Shula didn't. Mike Shannyham didn't. Even Parcels left a trail of destruction everywhere.

The only guy I can think of who fits the bill is Bill Walsh.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 01-24-2013 at 11:07 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #58
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
As far as I can tell, the purpose of this thread wasn't to advocate that John Fox should be fired (of course, if he *were* fired, that would make me happy). Rather, it was to solicit feedback on WHEN he will inevitably be fired, whether that's next year or 5 years from now.

In fact, I speculated that he'd be the HC for another 5 years, which is more time than most folks (even supporters) have given him.

Almost every coach has been fired at least once. And 90% or more of those that have never been fired will eventually be fired. There aren't many coaches who have left a team on their own terms. Tom Landry didn't. Don Shula didn't. Mike Shannyham didn't. Even Parcels left a trail of destruction everywhere.

Walsh never coached again after the 9ers, but he was like a zombie - continually coming back to the franchise in other roles, overshadowing what everyone else was doing.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #59
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

I don't think Cowher ever got fired. Dungy left on his own terms, at least the second time. Don't think Parcells ever got canned either. He just didn't have any patience for people's ****.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #60
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Hank stram wasn't fired I think. Jimmy johnson? Bill cowher? John madden? CHUCK NOLL? I got more. I know joe Gibbs wasn't fired. There's plenty of examples other than Walsh. Joe Gibbs is the perfect example. He left on HIS terms twice with the same team. Now that doesn't happen often

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-25-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #61
B-Large

Half the teams in the NFL would love to have a John Fox, Divisonal Playoff appearances problem....
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #62
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
just get it right. it was "half a loaf" lou saban. if it wasnt for john ralston the broncos would never have got into SB 12 and established real NFL cred in the nfl. we broke up the stealers string of superbowls in the 70's.
if Fox gets just one SB ring for manning thats as many as saint dungy did with manning in his prime.
yes, red miller was coach for SB 12 but Ralston built that orange crush.

Last edited by TomServo; 01-26-2013 at 03:32 AM..
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote