The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #2201
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Anzalone--5 star LB out of PA has decommitted from Irish and enrolling early at Florida. ****....let the exodus begin. If Kelly comes back, he's basically shooting himself in the nuts by hiking his skirt up for Philly.
Florida still the top dog in recruiting.

FSU and Miami don't come close.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #2202
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

But it takes more than recruiting to beat the Louisville Cardinals
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #2203
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Anzalone--5 star LB out of PA has decommitted from Irish and enrolling early at Florida. ****....let the exodus begin. If Kelly comes back, he's basically shooting himself in the nuts by hiking his skirt up for Philly.
In honor of Fireman Ed, please refer to him as Analzone.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #2204
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Do it. I want to see how good he is going to look as a Seminole.

Recruiting off the chain.
Big 6 will be terrorizing F$U starting this fall, Req. Kid needs 15-20 pounds and he'll be a monster.

He had a sweet hit in the UA All Star game on Michigan commit Shane Morris.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-10-2013 at 11:05 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #2205
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

Are you talking recently or just this year? Florida has a great class so far, but FSU has the potential to have a scary good class as well. DeMarcus Walker, ESPN's 40th rated player in the nation just switched from Alabama to the Noles.

FSU had better classes than the Gators last year and the year prior and have the ability to to leapfrog them because they are in contention with more Top 150 players in the nation, especially 5 star recruits than Florida at this time.

At any case, those three teams always put on recruiting clinics. They are always in the Top 10-12 in the nation, and over the past couple of years, Top 5. (Especially, FSU and Florida)

I just hope all the talent this team has at FSU can finally translate and be worth it. We are stacked a lot of places. . . especially defense even with Woerner, Carradine, Jenkins, Rhodes and several others leaving.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #2206
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Big 6 will be terrorizing F$U starting this fall, Req. Kid needs 15-20 pounds and he'll be a monster.

He had a sweet hit in the UA All Star game on Michigan commit Shane Morris.

After you mentioned him, it seems like FSU is definitely the favorite to land him. If he is from Booker T. Washington and wanted to go to Miami, wouldn't he have already made the commit? A lot of people say he probably wants a change of scenery. Pretty sure it is coming down to the Tide and FSU.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #2207
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Miami has been informed that the NOA is coming within 72 hours for football and men's a nd women's basketball. I'm hoping to avoid the LOIC charge in light of the level of our cooperation. If they do get LOIC they will fight it hard before the COI. The most hotly contested issues at that point will be the applicability of the exception to the 4 year statute of limitations (the violations occurring in the last four years are relatively light) and the issue of corroboration. The enforcement division believes silence equals admission of guilt. There are some regulations which appear to require more so it is unclear if the COI will agree with the enforcement division. There is corroboration for some things but not others.
There is also a gambling aspect to this which has not gotten much pub.

I know Donna is pulling out all the stops politically...we will see how successful she is. We have made numerous in publicized internal changes at the behest of the NCAA and cooperated fully and taken the unprecedented step of self imposing 2 bowl games plus 1 ACC championship game...that's 3 postseason games voluntarily given up.

It better count for something.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #2208
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Miami has been informed that the NOA is coming within 72 hours for football and men's a nd women's basketball. I'm hoping to avoid the LOIC charge in light of the level of our cooperation. If they do get LOIC they will fight it hard before the COI. The most hotly contested issues at that point will be the applicability of the exception to the 4 year statute of limitations (the violations occurring in the last four years are relatively light) and the issue of corroboration. The enforcement division believes silence equals admission of guilt. There are some regulations which appear to require more so it is unclear if the COI will agree with the enforcement division. There is corroboration for some things but not others.
There is also a gambling aspect to this which has not gotten much pub.

I know Donna is pulling out all the stops politically...we will see how successful she is. We have made numerous unpublicized internal changes at the behest of the NCAA and cooperated fully and taken the unprecedented step of self imposing 2 bowl games plus 1 ACC championship game...that's 3 postseason games voluntarily given up.

It better count for something.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #2209
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hearing the basketball team is going to get hit a lot harder than football....which is fine by me.

Also hearing former football assistants Clint Hurtt and Aubrey Hill are staring down the barrel of long show cause penalty. Former basketball HC Frank Haith also likely to receive a show cause as are two of his former assistants.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #2210
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hearing the basketball team is going to get hit a lot harder than football....which is fine by me.

Also hearing former football assistants Clint Hurtt and Aubrey Hill are staring down the barrel of long show cause penalty. Former basketball HC Frank Haith also likely to receive a show cause as are two of his former assistants.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #2211
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

That's definitely been in the works for some time. Hopefully contingencies have been made so it's not a huge impact.

I'll admit I don't really understand the impact of recruiters anyways so...

The thing that really sucks about NCAA stuff like this, though, is that the teams committing the violations are always long gone before the punishments come down. They can punish school legacies and fanbases but they can't actually punish teams and players - the ones doing the wrong. When successful players might only be there for 2-3 years though, there's just no good solution. Then when you hear the number of schools facing some sort of violations or accusations at any given time, it really makes you think the NCAA enforcement is just in over their head.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #2212
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Strong rumors that Miami might hire FSU OC James Coley for the vacant OC position (former OC Jedd Fisch, also a former Denver WR coach, left to be the OC with the Jacksonville Jaguars). FSU pays more, but Coley is a bit frustrated there because Fisher won't let him call plays and he thinks that is hurting his advancement prospects. He's also from Miami and my understanding is his spouse and child are in Miami.

It's clear what Golden is trying to do here.....he's building his staff with recruiting the "State of Miami" first and foremost. He knows he might be down about 5 ships a year for the next 3 years, so he wants to round up all the elite Dade and Broward talent to compensate for some depth issues. It's one thing if your depth was crap, its another if its a good player from a historically high talent area (I would venture to say a South Florida 3 star is equivalent to a 4 star elsewhere...for proof, look at Louisville's roster). That's why he is building a staff of ace recruiters (Barrow, Carroll, etc.). Look at Cristobal, he's an ace in the Miami area in recruiting in particular. That's how he built FIU, getting C and D List Miami talent that didnt go to BCS schools. Then if you can add Coley, not only are you getting another top flight recruiter, but a guy who is FSU's ace in the hole in South Florida. Coley was their man in Miami (along with Eddie Gran, who has now departed to Cincy). If they can pry Coley away, it will go a long way to locking down the "State of Miami" and hurting FSU's currently superior talent base. Seriously, Golden's passion is recruiting and that's his No. 1 asset as a coach, along with brilliant community and media PR. If you team Golden up with guys like Cristobal and Coley, they will LOCK DOWN the Miami area.

The gamble, though, is that if you build a staff of ace recruiters, you better hope they can coach too. It's not always the case that you can do both. Most coaches are strong in either one area or another, rarely both. Coley is relatively untested as an actual playcalling OC (outside of 1 year at FIU under Cristobal). That will be the key..can these guys actually coach?

Recruiting Update

6: Would not surprise me to see him at UM, FSU or Bama. Could go either way. Kirkland becoming a Cane silent will help things as thats his teammate. They will both be at the Miami-Duke game tomorrow. Hopefully the fans chant his name all night and after the game is over, Golden sends over some high quality females his way. An evening of big time college basketball, steaks and b****es for Big 6. Git R Done, Al.
Kirkland: Cane. Hopefully he can bring his teammate 6 along.
Bryant: I get the feeling he's a Nole. Req wiring him some serious cash all the way from North Dakota isn't helping us right now. Dammit. Seriously, I'm feeling FSU here.
Bostwick: Cane. He has offers from Bama and UF. Hopefully we can get him to cancel the UF visit. Looks like grades will not be a problem.
Coley: Would be a Nole except his HC is trying to steer him to Miami. Thanks Donnell, the check's in the mail, bro. This could go either way, I think he's leaning FSU, though. Kid is a headcase but an absolutely ELITE talent at WR. Like Amari Cooper elite. Film is sick. He has a visit to Ole Miss coming up and they have been spreading some serious cash this recruiting cycle, so I could see them biting both the Canes and the Noles in the ass on this one, but if I had to go with my gut, I'd pick FSU.
Collins: Exact opposite. Kid is leaning to UM but his HC is steering him to Arkansas. Could go either way, slight lead for the Canes. Hot ass GF goes to UM, that helps. I would love to land this kid, we would have the best 1-2 RB punch in all of college football with him and Duke.
Grace: Was thought to be a Cane lock, but Louisville is making a very, very strong push at the last second. He backed up his commitment date. I really hope this is just for show because I'll be pissed if Strong steals him. He's a diehard Cane fan and his family is all pushing UM, but he had a great visit at Louisville and Teddy and all his boys are pushing him hard. This is closer than I'm comfortable with.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-22-2013 at 10:09 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #2213
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ahahahaha..... I told you not to **** with Donna, NCAA.....and now Mark Emmett has a full scale crisis on his hands and has initiated an external review of he NCAA procedures and admitted that info improperly obtained will be thrown out. You think employing Shapiro's attorney on your payroll might be a small problem?

I bet Yahoo and Charles Robinson have a huge e on their face now. This is by far the best day since the start of he investigation. I now wouldn't be surprised if we didn't lose a SINGLE scholarship.

They are in massive hot water and he NCAA president himself is fuming at the enforcement division.

We are going to skate.

You don't **** with Donna.

Update...according to some of our insiders we may now be done with any further sanctions.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-23-2013 at 11:12 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #2214
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

This is truly a great day. A red faced NCAA president admits his investigators committed serious and shocking transgressions against us which is going to seriously derail the investigation and we've got a ton of big football recruits at the game tonight watching the basketball team smoke No.1 Duke.

Its great to be a Cane.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #2215
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

This is truly a great day. A red faced NCAA president admits his investigators committed serious and shocking transgressions against us which is going to seriously derail the investigation and we've got a ton of big football recruits at the game tonight watching the basketball team smoke No.1 Duke.

Its great to be a Cane.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #2216
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Haha awesome....the crowd is chanting Matthew Thomas and Alex Collins and Sebastian is wearing the number 6 at the BBall game. They know who is in the house. Canes destroying Duke...I'm sure the recruits are loving this atmosphere.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #2217
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Miami wins which means Michigan will finally get the #1 spot soon. karma is a b**** Duke!
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #2218
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Its great to be a Cane.
Any thoughts as to whether that's going to impact the whole investigation or just Miami who have already served part of their punishment? It'd be nice for some particular coaches who have moved on elsewhere to be forgiven...
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #2219
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Any thoughts as to whether that's going to impact the whole investigation or just Miami who have already served part of their punishment? It'd be nice for some particular coaches who have moved on elsewhere to be forgiven...
One note today from one of our insiders said that regarding individuals some but not all of the individuals at play might still be on the hook but he noted the attorneys for all are having a field day with this.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #2220
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Miami has hired FSU OC James Coley for the Canes vacant OC position. This is a huge recruiting coup. As I mentioned in an earlier post he was their Ace in South Florida. I think we will lock up WR Stacy Cooley now (no relation)....and Alex Collins.

I don't think he is an upgrade from Fisch as an actual OC but he is a beast of a recruiter.

We will lock down South Florida with him and Mario and Al.

Your class is going to take a hit Req.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #2221
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Miami has hired FSU OC James Coley for the Canes vacant OC position. This is a huge recruiting coup. As I mentioned in an earlier post he was their Ace in South Florida. I think we will lock up WR Stacy Cooley now (no relation)....and Alex Collins.

I don't think he is an upgrade from Fisch as an actual OC but he is a beast of a recruiter.

We will lock down South Florida with him and Mario and Al.

Your class is going to take a hit Req.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #2222
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I'll just add, the whole state of Florida completely and utterly suck, as a whole. As a matter of a fact it is a stinking hole.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #2223
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
I'll just add, the whole state of Florida completely and utterly suck, as a whole. As a matter of a fact it is a stinking hole.
I'm personally not the biggest fan of the state but when it comes to football talent, there's no denying that they don't suck. And since that's what this thread pertains to...
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2224
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I'm personally not the biggest fan of the state but when it comes to football talent, there's no denying that they don't suck. And since that's what this thread pertains to...
Posh! everything in Florida is rotten to the core.

And it take a while for that stench to wear off.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #2225
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

It looks like someone had a bad experience, in Florida...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote