The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #51
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lonestar doesn't grasp a lot of things. You didn't hear Peyton Manning b****ing when he had Tarik Glenn protecting his ass for a decade, but somehow Ryan Clady (who is probably a better overall player than Glenn) is piss and not worth of this roster. Like I said, Lonestar's disdain for Clady comes from pre-2008 draft ignorance on them that he has never let go. It is hilarious to see a guy who claims to not see many games talk about the performance of players if he isn't even watching. That has been loneturd's MOS for years.
Clady is a priority. He just talks about money but he dances around the question of who replaces him.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #52
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
plus, there are at least 4 guys out of this 50 that, IMO, are unlikely to be on the 2013 roster at their given salaries:

DJ Williams: $6M
Joe Mays: $4M
Caleb Hanie: $1.25M
Andre Caldwell: $900k

in dead money, cutting these guys could cost:
DJ: $500k in accelerated signing bonus
Mays: $333k
Hanie: $0
Caldwell: $100k

so, cutting these 4 guys saves roughly $11.2M.
These are 4 that I agree should be cut! When I proposed that to him, that the savings of Mays and DJ cover Clady's franchise tag, worst case scenario. He goes off on tangents about who replaces them and blah blah blah. Yet we have our DJ replacement in Trevethan, and the Mays replacement is still TBD. It's not as dire as he makes it out to be.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
These are 4 that I agree should be cut! When I proposed that to him, that the savings of Mays and DJ cover Clady's franchise tag, worst case scenario. He goes off on tangents about who replaces them and blah blah blah. Yet we have our DJ replacement in Trevethan, and the Mays replacement is still TBD. It's not as dire as he makes it out to be.
We only need one LB replaced this off-season IMO and that it is Brooking. That is even if we cut DJ and Mays. Trevethan in season two should be improved enough to be a full time starter.

I did a quick break down of how much we had invested in the LB's and we had I believe damn near 7 million bucks in back up LBs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #54
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
yeah, it would be much easier to replace two LB's who didn't make meaningful contributions in 2012 than the only guy to start @ LT for the past 5 years, and played well enough to be recognized as all-pro.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #55
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
We only need one LB replaced this off-season IMO and that it is Brooking. That is even if we cut DJ and Mays. Trevethan in season two should be improved enough to be a full time starter.

I did a quick break down of how much we had invested in the LB's and we had I believe damn near 7 million bucks in back up LBs.
Where is Trevathan going to start? Von @ SLB. Woodyard @ WLB. Trevathan is listed as #3 WLB on our depth chart behind Williams. Basically, we have this moving forward:

WLB: Woodyard, Trevathan
SLB: Von, Irving
MLB: Steven Johnson

IR: Joe Mays (MLB)
FA: Keith Brooking (MLB)
Other: DJ Williams (Potential $ Cut Move)

Basically, I don't see Steven Johnson or Danny Trevathan (who I think will be find role players) assuming starting roles on this team, especially at ILB. I don't know if Irving will ever live up to the billing of being able to play on the inside, but maybe in his third year he will have that shot and get it.

Mays, Williams and Brooking won't all be back. The way I look at it, we have 5 viable options at LB to move forward with in the future. DJ would make 6, but I don't think he sticks around at that salary. As much of a Bison fan as I am, Joe isn't worth 4 million bucks on the inside and Brooking was fine for a one-year stop gap.

MIKE has got to be upgraded.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #56
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Let me do this slowly it is not who replaces DJ as LB it is whoever replaces these guys on the roster, have to be paid also.. if they are vets it is about 700K minimum per body if it is a rookie type nontenured guy probably about 400K..

Just cutting someone does not mean that you do not have to replace the guy, all is does is remove some of the value of his contract not ALL IS free money..

plus when you do cut someone their FULL prorated bonus money comes due excepting roster bonus, which is obvious since one has to be on the roster at a certain time to get it..

Now I trust that John E and company have better numbers than the rest of us have access to, and so far John excepting Mayes has made some damned fine decisions, so IF they decide that he is worth the money so be it..

But the numbers I see and the low ball offer they made last year gives me the indication they do not feel he is worth elite money..

Which he no doubt will get from someone that needs him worse than we do.. I understand that many have their panties in a wad about OLT having to be the best, but I just do not see clady the same as y'all seem to think he is..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #57
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Except you don't watch many Broncos games, so you can't make that assessment. The people who do and make a living off commenting on the NFL made him an All-Pro. Shut up.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #58
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Where is Trevathan going to start? Von @ SLB. Woodyard @ WLB. Trevathan is listed as #3 WLB on our depth chart behind Williams. Basically, we have this moving forward:

WLB: Woodyard, Trevathan
SLB: Von, Irving
MLB: Steven Johnson

IR: Joe Mays (MLB)
FA: Keith Brooking (MLB)
Other: DJ Williams (Potential $ Cut Move)

Basically, I don't see Steven Johnson or Danny Trevathan (who I think will be find role players) assuming starting roles on this team, especially at ILB. I don't know if Irving will ever live up to the billing of being able to play on the inside, but maybe in his third year he will have that shot and get it.

Mays, Williams and Brooking won't all be back. The way I look at it, we have 5 viable options at LB to move forward with in the future. DJ would make 6, but I don't think he sticks around at that salary. As much of a Bison fan as I am, Joe isn't worth 4 million bucks on the inside and Brooking was fine for a one-year stop gap.

MIKE has got to be upgraded.
I should have reworded that. His rotation time should increase.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #59
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
The reason I deleted the thread I started on Clady is because lonestar acted like a petulant !@#$%^&* continuously bickering with people just for the Hell of it. Over a dozen posters on this board have shown him the # of players we have under contract or came up with scenarios where the Broncos can fiddle with their roster and cap (as they have in years past) in order to retain Clady, re-sign UFA, RFA, ERFA and our draft class -- yet he continues to troll and spew nonsense whenever he feels it is appropriate.

The bottom line is this: Lonestar never liked the Clady selecton (despite not watching college football) because he came from Boise State and he questioned the level of competition he faced. [He also called Elvis Dumervil a short midget, who wouldn't ever last in the pros.] Unfortunately, in five years with the Broncos -- Clady has started every game, made 3 Pro-Bowls and been named All-Pro twice. Obviously his worse season was in a shortended off-season due to an injury, but he came back and proved his worth this year.

To even try and suggest that the Broncos would rid themselves of one of their best players on the team just to replace him with a rookie LT is absolutely ludicrous. Furthermore, saying that LT isn't as important to our team because we have Manning is one of the most stupid football takes ever espoused on the Orange Mane.

TROLL.
I'll take this time to reply just once..

POOR DREAM had his feelings hurt in his thread because I DARED to reply in it so I seemed like he wanted to shrink his balls and run for cover.. by deleting the thread..

speak of trolls your one of the kings of it..

most of your posts are tee hee hee giggling like a little girl one line responses..

It seem that just because I do not hold Clady to the same level you do, that you feel my posts are trolling..

All I asked in your thread was show me the money.. at least a few good poster s in this thread have attempted to do so and some make damned good sense, unlike your whining in here..

If you do not like what I have to say, refute it and stop pissing and moaning about poor dream and how I pick on him..

I've had you on IGGY most of my posting days because you are a troll following ME from forum to forum.. Unlike your comments to the contrary and when I was a mod and had to ban you repeatedly form your behavior you seem to never GOT IT.. it is you and not the rest of the forum that was at fault..

Yes I got banned after I was fired as a MOD but it was because I choose to defy the direction the forum was going nothing more nothing less..

So now back to iggy for you as I choose not to see your silly whiny posts..
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #60
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Let me do this slowly it is not who replaces DJ as LB it is whoever replaces these guys on the roster, have to be paid also.. if they are vets it is about 700K minimum per body if it is a rookie type nontenured guy probably about 400K..

Just cutting someone does not mean that you do not have to replace the guy, all is does is remove some of the value of his contract not ALL IS free money..

plus when you do cut someone their FULL prorated bonus money comes due excepting roster bonus, which is obvious since one has to be on the roster at a certain time to get it..

Now I trust that John E and company have better numbers than the rest of us have access to, and so far John excepting Mayes has made some damned fine decisions, so IF they decide that he is worth the money so be it..

But the numbers I see and the low ball offer they made last year gives me the indication they do not feel he is worth elite money..

Which he no doubt will get from someone that needs him worse than we do.. I understand that many have their panties in a wad about OLT having to be the best, but I just do not see clady the same as y'all seem to think he is..
did you miss the part above where I mentioned accelerated bonus counting against the cap? cutting DJ would cost $500k in dead money. That's it.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #61
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You were banned because you were an insufferable ****head that nobody likes. It has been the same everywhere you go. Nobody gives a **** about what you post here. So why bother?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #62
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
I'll take this time to reply just once..

POOR DREAM had his feelings hurt in his thread because I DARED to reply in it so I seemed like he wanted to shrink his balls and run for cover.. by deleting the thread..

speak of trolls your one of the kings of it..

most of your posts are tee hee hee giggling like a little girl one line responses..

It seem that just because I do not hold Clady to the same level you do, that you feel my posts are trolling..

All I asked in your thread was show me the money.. at least a few good poster s in this thread have attempted to do so and some make damned good sense, unlike your whining in here..

If you do not like what I have to say, refute it and stop pissing and moaning about poor dream and how I pick on him..

I've had you on IGGY most of my posting days because you are a troll following ME from forum to forum.. Unlike your comments to the contrary and when I was a mod and had to ban you repeatedly form your behavior you seem to never GOT IT.. it is you and not the rest of the forum that was at fault..

Yes I got banned after I was fired as a MOD but it was because I choose to defy the direction the forum was going nothing more nothing less..

So now back to iggy for you as I choose not to see your silly whiny posts..

Go away you clueless waste of air. No one likes you, nor do you offer anything of value to this site other than headaches and spite.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #63
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

Well majority of that is DJ.. But technically it would be about 12 Million.. Mays and DJ.. Irvin, Trevethan, Johnson.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #64
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

let me add I have said this many times

dream was correct about me not liking clady mostly because he came from a small school and played NO ONE while in school..

Originally I saw it as just one more mikeys Wild Assed Guesses on draft choices and we all know how many of them we have had..

nothing wrong with that..

I have also said that I was surprised that he turned into a very good OLT and had great couple of season UNTIL his dinged his Knee and since then his performance has been less that Elite ..

let me add that dream was having orgasms about this kid so that also fuels the fire in his hate for me..

I just do not see him as being as great as some of you think he is..

he is good but flawed in his run game and as many others on here have noticed he struggles a bit with speed rushers..

Again IF John and John think he is wrth teh money and can find it fine with me..

I just do not think it will happen..
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #65
Bmore Manning

Quote:

Let me say this slowly, you are missing itttt. You cut DJ and your saving roughly $6 million, you cut Mays roughly $4 million. That can all be applied to Clady's Tag. So we are with one player signed and no cap effects. DJ was a back up, you can draft a back up in the draft, although we have one in Trevethan.. So we can carry ONE LESS LB on the depth chart. Do you understand?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #66
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

lonestar,

I'm still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
lonestar,

Would you be open to some kind of wager involving the Broncos ability to sign Clady, all their draft picks, a few of their own FAs who are actually worth re-signing and a handful of outside FAs going for more than the league minimum? Say if they do, you can never again post about the Broncos cap?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Go away you clueless waste of air. No one likes you, nor do you offer anything of value to this site other than headaches and spite.
well now I know that you must be dreams budd..

frankly I do not care what you think.. I get loads of reps from folks so I suspect you are just spouting sour grapes..

In case you did not realize it forums like this are for peoples view points and if every one was like you then it would be a piss poor place to come to..

have a great day..

because now that I have heard from you I will, you made my day..
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #68
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
lonestar,

I'm still waiting.
I have made it clear hat I do not wager anywhere but in the stock market..

not interested.. and BTW I did not see your post before now..
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #69
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Let me say this slowly, you are missing itttt. You cut DJ and your saving roughly $6 million, you cut Mays roughly $4 million. That can all be applied to Clady's Tag. So we are with one player signed and no cap effects. DJ was a back up, you can draft a back up in the draft, although we have one in Trevethan.. So we can carry ONE LESS LB on the depth chart. Do you understand?
yet you have two less players on the roster..

you still have to pay them when you sign them and at minimum they get about 400k..

so Even if your roughlys are near correct you do not have enough to cover cladys 12 million a year including prorated bonuses.. just doing rough math you are close to 3 million short..

I take it you learned the new math?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #70
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
well now I know that you must be dreams budd..

frankly I do not care what you think.. I get loads of reps from folks so I suspect you are just spouting sour grapes..

In case you did not realize it forums like this are for peoples view points and if every one was like you then it would be a piss poor place to come to..

have a great day..

because now that I have heard from you I will, you made my day..
"I dont care if people hate me, I'll continue to be a pain in the ass at every turn!"

You're a broken record. Post your CP.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #71
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
"I dont care if people hate me, I'll continue to be a pain in the ass at every turn!"

You're a broken record. Post your CP.
Aw now your hurting my feelings.

Are you that insecure in life gunmetal.

You internet big shots amaze me. Tough names for little boys.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #72
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I have made it clear hat I do not wager anywhere but in the stock market..

not interested.. and BTW I did not see your post before now..
Then don't look at it as a wager. Look at is as an acknowledgment that you either know what you're talking about or don't. If you're completely wrong about everything you've been posting basically since you started posting here, you go away. If you're right and the Broncos don't sign Clady and don't pay anyone else that $10-12 mil, you can keep on posting to your heart's content.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #73
Bmore Manning

Quote:
yet you have two less players on the roster..

you still have to pay them when you sign them and at minimum they get about 400k..

so Even if your roughlys are near correct you do not have enough to cover cladys 12 million a year including prorated bonuses.. just doing rough math you are close to 3 million short..

I take it you learned the new math?
No prick, I thought we talked about your insults before, yet you continue.

We can TAG Clady at a $9.6 cap hit. We can draft a LB and pay him $400K.. That's $10 million... With 2 new players under contract.

Minus DJ $6 and Mays $4 which EQUALS $10. It means we would have the same cap with the same amount of players signed.. DO YOU FOLLOW?

I guess you have learned a new language.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #74
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Aw now your hurting my feelings.

Are you that insecure in life gunmetal.

You internet big shots amaze me. Tough names for little boys.
I'm insecure because I find a pest to in fact, be a pest?

Post your CP clownshoes.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #75
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Well majority of that is DJ.. But technically it would be about 12 Million.. Mays and DJ.. Irvin, Trevethan, Johnson.
LB was the second highest paid group last year at almost 14 million. Miller is included. DJs replacement is already on the roster so we luck out there.