The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #176
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

This isn't college football; it's the NFL. In the NFL, QBs are expected to be able to consistently throw the football. Tebow can't do that.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #177
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
This isn't college football; it's the NFL. In the NFL, QBs are expected to be able to consistently throw the football. Tebow can't do that.
Then how did Tebow beat arguably the best defense in the NFL in a playoff game without turning the ball over?

What you are saying doesn't add up..

Tebow did this on a bad team too... all the Broncos weaknesses were on full display in their last game. And this team was constructed better than last seasons...

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #178
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rev, you son of a b****. You had to start this.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #179
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I've heard before how awful our (2011) WRs and O-line were... yet the same guys seemed to do pretty well in 2012 with just one significant change of starter.... couple of 'em are even going to the Pro Bowl.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #180
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

So, uhh.....

We've all figured out that Macgruder is TheRev, Right?

Raaaiiight!??
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #181
MacGruder

Quote:
I've heard before how awful our (2011) WRs and O-line were... yet the same guys seemed to do pretty well in 2012 with just one significant change of starter.... couple of 'em are even going to the Pro Bowl.
They were a year better.. we forget last season they had no camp.. they moved all the vets and so they could bring in vets for the QB they really wanted this season.

If the Oline was decent Peyton wouldn't be dinking and dunking constantly.

Your team barely beat Quinn on the worst team ever this last season. To do that with a better D and a full season of camp etc... it's worse than anything Tebow ever did honestly.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #182
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Then how did Tebow beat arguably the best defense in the NFL in a playoff game without turning the ball over?

What you are saying doesn't add up..

Tebow did this on a bad team too... all the Broncos weaknesses were on full display in their last game. And this team was constructed better than last seasons...
AGAIN

They were basically in cover zero the entire game, and yes, that play in OT. Do you know what that means? NO safety help. And when they were in cover one, Polamalu cheated up quite a bit. You think Pitt plays that against EVERYONE? It was a DUMB decision on their part. I dont know why they just didnt do what everyone else did against tebow.

I cant believe youre comparing tim tebow to one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #183
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Night y'all
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #184
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
AGAIN

They were basically in cover zero the entire game, and yes, that play in OT. Do you know what that means? NO safety help. And when they were in cover one, Polamalu cheated up quite a bit. You think Pitt plays that against EVERYONE? It was a DUMB decision on their part. I dont know why they just didnt do what everyone else did against tebow.

I cant believe youre comparing tim tebow to one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.
It was unprecedented disrespect for our passing game and ultimately it bit the Steelers in the butt. No way did they expect McCoy to call a pass play on first down... and no way did they expect Tebow to throw the ball close enough to Thomas for him to be able to catch it.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #185
MacGruder

Quote:
AGAIN

They were doing that because of Tebow's stellar athleticism... why else would they do that?

No Qb has ever been able to run between the tackles like Tebow.. that's why they have to do it..

And Peyton isn't "Peyton" anymore... and even the real Peyton wasn't dominant...

Tebow makes the run game dominant which IS dominant..a rookie bIgben beat Peyton... Tebow is definitely comparable to Bigben.. I think he's far better actually.. and Bigben has more rings than Peyton..

Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #186
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
They were doing that because of Tebow's stellar athleticism... why else would they do that?

No Qb has ever been able to run between the tackles like Tebow.. that's why they have to do it..

And Peyton isn't "Peyton" anymore... and even the real Peyton wasn't dominant...

Tebow makes the run game dominant which IS dominant..a rookie bIgben beat Peyton... Tebow is definitely comparable to Bigben.. I think he's far better actually.. and Bigben has more rings than Peyton..
I used to think you were just dumb.

But after this comment, youre obviously just a troll
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #187
MacGruder

Quote:
It was unprecedented disrespect for our passing game and ultimately it bit the Steelers in the butt. No way did they expect McCoy to call a pass play on first down... and no way did they expect Tebow to throw the ball close enough to Thomas for him to be able to catch it.
It wasn't disrespecting the passing game.. it was respecting the dominant run game Tebow created...

Something Peyton can't provide...

This is why you have to pick your poison.. they did the same think with Kaepernick.. they let him run for 180 yards.. Kaep and gore put up 20 more yards than Tebow and McGahee did on the Raiders.

So this last game what did they do then? dared Kaep to pass.. he only runs 20 yards... Tebow had like 50 yards versus the Steelers.. same exact thing.. pick your poison. Kaep has a much better team around him though.. What Tebow did was more impressive. Even Alex Smith won on that team..

Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #188
MacGruder

Quote:

You have convinced yourself the Steelers don't know how to play D and I am the dumb troll? LMAO

It is truly incredible how powerful cognitive dissonance is...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #189
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Anyone who genuinely believes the Steelers' recent SB wins are attributable to Roethlisberger.... and not their defense.... knows nothing about football.

And MacGruder... any team that can run but cannot consistently pass (a Tebow team)... is one-dimensional. One-dimensional is not a good thing.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #190
MacGruder

Quote:
Anyone who genuinely believes the Steelers' recent SB wins are attributable to Roethlisberger.... and not their defense.... knows nothing about football.
Yet you claim this defense didn't know how to defend Tebow.. so which is it? Don't you realize you are totally contradicting yourself here in order to find some excuse to explain away Tebow beating such a great defense? You also don't know that Peyton is better than Bigben.. that's pure speculation that could very easily be wrong.

Quote:
And MacGruder... any team that can run but cannot consistently pass (a Tebow team)... is one-dimensional. One-dimensional is not a good thing.
You can't run if you can't pass.. that is what you are ignoring.. if what you were saying was possible teams could put better runners on horrible teams even though they couldn't pass and be more successful. This has never happened.. so your logic is completely non existent.''

One dimensional teams don't go to the playoffs and beat the Steelers... It's Peyton that has proven to be one dimensional... he can pass but has no athleticism.. Tebow's passing is far greater than Peyton's athleticism... we know that much... Peyton is the definition of one dimensional. And that dimension doesn't win in the playoffs.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #191
ChrisToker

Quote:
"regardless of how they scored them"...

How many points did Peyton score..... for the other team?

Tebow made the Broncos successful in spite of their weaknesses... he made them the number one rushing team in the NFL. That is what wins in the post season.

Peyton's style has been shown to fail in the post season. Peyton won his 4th playoff game Tebow won his first..

Tebow was even a rookie essentially! And was being hamstrung by the Broncos organization.. still outperformed him.
Is this dip**** skip brainless? Jesus titty****ing Christ, I hate the Tebowners!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #192
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
Is this dip**** skip brainless? Jesus titty****ing Christ, I hate the Tebowners!!!
He's just trolling.

He desperately needs to get laid. A man, woman...whichever.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #193
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
AGAIN

Wrong. Tomlin said it was zone not Cover 0. Said it was something they commonly did vs wildcat style offenses.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #194
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The only place Tebow can consistently hit the broad side of a barn from... is from inside the barn.
Yet he had more yards per attempt than Peyton Manning through 16 career starts. It can't possibly have been as bad as you like to paint it.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #195
MacGruder

Yes... anyone who dares to disagree with the common consensus must be crazy or a troll.. it doesn't even matter if events completely support their claims... claims they made before the events even....

Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #196
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Wrong. Tomlin said it was zone not Cover 0. Said it was something they commonly did vs wildcat style offenses.

The "without a safety" zone? GREAT ZONE!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #197
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yet he had more yards per attempt than Peyton Manning through 16 career starts. It can't possibly have been as bad as you like to paint it.
Oh God, now you too?

So Tim Tebow is better than Peyton Manning...did i get that straight?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #198
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The "without a safety" zone? GREAT ZONE!
He called it an "inverted zone". Said they do it often against that style of offense. But who the Eff is Mike Tomlin? SonofLelo sez it was Cover 0 .

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #199
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The person I was arguing with said he couldn't read defenses.. that was my point.

Tebow never played in a NFL style offense so he was definitely a rookie in the NFL for all intents and purposes..
Excuses are like a-holes.

You must have 1000 a-holes.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #200
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Oh God, now you too?

So Tim Tebow is better than Peyton Manning...did i get that straight?
Did those words come out of my mouth? No. I'm just wondering how someone so supposedly incapable of throwing a football could manage to gain more yards with every throw than Peyton Manning did in his first season starting. Its just as hyperbolic as anything McGruber posts.

Closed Thread