The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #101
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Brandon Williams should be proof I am a very strong player evaluator.
You're a good poster in threads like these and in the draft forum in general, but your constant need to take credit for opinions and your incessant cries for praise and attention are downright pathetic and make it impossible for me to like you at all.

I value your input and stuff, but you come across as a very needy, insecure and self-absorbed little b**** when every fifth post is about yourself.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #102
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lol **** off price you pimped so many players then went back and deleted the ones that missed. You are ****ing joke.
Whatever dude. I used to make threads about draft prospects, but it's not worth it. Guys like you take things out of context, and try to ruin people's character. I do appreciate your posts though...highly informative.

Quote:
You really are a moron.
You're wrong about me man, but it doesn't matter. You'll fling f bombs at me anyway. I'm not getting involved anymore. Your posts are usually good. Didn't mean to create a hurricane by calling you out on Te'o.

Carry on.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-23-2013 at 10:36 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #103
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Yeah price you also claimed that Jonathan Stewart was better then Doug Martin

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...8&postcount=21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Jonathan Stewart is better than Doug Martin, and we could trade Carolina our 2nd round pick to get him.

***although I'm hoping we can snag JStew for #87 overall
All because he had a slow ****ing 40 time in your eyes.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #104
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Yeah price you also claimed that Jonathan Stewart was better then Doug Martin

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...8&postcount=21

All because he had a slow ****ing 40 time in your eyes.
Shoot me.

This isn't a contest to me. You guys are providing a lot of good info. Please keep it up. Without you and Bmore's posts, this offseason would be real hard to take. And for all the guys who lurk and don't post...we're all DB4L just like you.

You guys are great...much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-23-2013 at 10:29 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #105
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Shoot me.

This isn't a contest to me. You guys are providing a lot of good info. Please keep it up. Without you and Bmore's posts, this offseason would be real hard to take. And for all the guys who lurk and don't post...we're all DB4L just like you.

You guys are great...much appreciated. Thank you.
Man are you OK? Your post seem angry lately.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #106
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Man are you OK? Your post seem angry lately.
This is my point, he's come at me after the loss twice now. And I have never been anything but respectful to price.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #107
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
You're a good poster in threads like these and in the draft forum in general, but your constant need to take credit for opinions and your incessant cries for praise and attention are downright pathetic and make it impossible for me to like you at all.

I value your input and stuff, but you come across as a very needy, insecure and self-absorbed little b**** when every fifth post is about yourself.
That's a deep evaluation. That's not the case, I have said some things lately about calling that player out, because.. I was told multiple times such players were not good, I was told I didn't know how to evaluate, and have seen people literally steal what I say word for word as their own work. I was browsing another site and saw somebody literally name every free agent player and draft prospect I like.. That's a little offensive..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #108
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Settle down draft kiddies. Everyone here takes the draft pretty seriously. None of us are professionals. We just happen to enjoy football. That being said, what pricejj said about Star was way off. As far as Teo goes -- despite all this he is going to be a first round guy. At the start of the season I believed he was a Top 15 lock because he was one of the top returning prospects, but he never lived up to those expectations and this whole dead girlfriend thing is going to hurt him through the interview process.

FWIW, nobody here knows everything or has opinions on all the prospects. I literally have a list of about ~ 40 guys (McDaniels style!) I've looked at (WR, RB, LB and DL the most) this year who I think would be good fits for the club or turn out to be good pros. You guys could watch the same things as me and come up with a different opinion.

It happens.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #109
Shananahan

Found this post in a thread about Brandon Williams while browsing other draft boards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDiehard88
Brandon and I attended the same school, Missouri Southern State University, the last 4 years. I have been able to watch every home game they have had the past 3 years (Brandon was out with back surgery all of my first year).

The number one thing that sticks out with him is his character. He is incredibly hard working and very humble. Over the summer he was sucking crap out of porta-potties and moving them around in 100 degree weather for several hours everyday before going into weights and conditioning. I attended a couple of those weights/conditioning sessions and he was by far the hardest worker. I don't want to take anything away from some of the other players, but he was busting his butt.

During the season his son was born in the early hours of the morning and then he drove to the game the following day, 3 hours away, for an early kick-off. Still started and played well on next to 0 sleep.

His physical ability is what stands out next. During the season he was playing around 320 pounds. He had 68 tackles, 16.5 tfl, 8.5 sacks, and a couple forced fumbles. He was routinely in the backfield making plays and did so from every spot on the line. He played everywhere from the 0-tech to the 5-tech and did so with great ability. He stopped the run, the rushed the passer, and he even dropped back into coverage (really speaks towards his athleticism) and deflected a couple passes/altered throwing lanes.

His athletic ability is amazing. Somebody mentioned Poe earlier and I think that Brandon will come close if not surpass those numbers. His feet are the quickest I have seen personally and when you just watch them you can't believe they are attached to that large of a human being. Obviously he is incredibly strong and carries his weight very well. I was caught of guard to see him weigh in at 341, but he wouldn't of gained that weight had it not been on purpose. He was working out in Texas for the last month preparing for the senior bowl. It wouldn't surprise me to see to see him run a forty under 5 or put up 225 40 times. The kid is just outstanding.

Teams will absolutely fall in love with him. He is a stand up guy, respectable, with a motor that doesn't stop. His work ethic is top notch and he will not take no for an answer. Growing up it was just him, his brother, and his mother. She was working two jobs, barely making anything and unable to feed her boys every night. Brandon talked to me about having to survive on crackers because that was the only thing they had. They even lived in a car for several weeks. He has a great respect for his mother and she is the reason he works so hard. He wants her to be taken care of and not have to work as hard as she does. She won't let him slack off, not because she is there to say something, but because he remembers, everyday, what she went through and it drives him to be the best. As I mentioned he also just had a son and he doesn't want his boy to go through what he had to.

Coming from DII there will be an adjustment period. He will look foolish and make mistakes because of the talent level increase. However he will make an impact in the NFL, he will make sure of it. I certainly would not bet anything against him. I just can't say enough positive things about him and I know I am slightly biased, but I promise you I would not say these things if I did not believe them to be 100% true. Watch this 2 minute video, a news story that the sports guy and a good friend of mine did while I was interning there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSMeSZXQdM

I personally would take him in the 2nd round, maybe even late first. Poe went at #11 with next to 0 production and weak competition last year. Brandon has the production, the work ethic, the ability to do the same. His competition was just a little weaker.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #110
Shananahan

I can't remember if I'm supposed to link to other boards or not.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #111
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks for sharing, Shanahanannanananananan.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #112
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Sources with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have told WalterFootball.com that there are big supporters in the organization for drafting Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks. He has some real fans in the Bucs' front office who believe the team should target him with their first-round pick. It is no secret that the Buccaneers are in dire need of cornerback help, and Banks is the consensus second-rated corner in draft after Alabama's DeMarcus Milliner. The latter won't make it the Bucs pick at 13.

Sources with the team say that the Bucs have so many other needs and can't trade up. The defensive line, offensive line, tight end and a number of other positions need an infusion of talent and/or depth. They say with all those needs trading for Milliner is unlikely.

From speaking with sources, it sounds more realistic for Tampa Bay to try and find a partner to trade down with while targeting Banks

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 01-24-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #113
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quick thoughts from today's practice that I saw. WR vs CB one on one red zone drills.

Tavarres King made safety Robert Lester look silly. Quinton Patton got the better of B.W. Webb. Both King and Patton are going to be good WR's to watch for. King looks amazing in the RZ with his set up moves.

Mychal Rivera TE from Tenn had two TDs, Webb stopped him on a inside slant.

JJ Wilcox safety from Georgia Southern preformed well.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #114
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

When they say Datone Jones can be lined up on the inside of the OG, does that mean Miller can still drop down beside him? I don't think either one could be blocked one on one very well and would crush on passing downs.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #115
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

How has B.W Webb looked this week?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #116
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Go Mike James!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #117
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Even tho he is a dirty Nole....Vince Williams would be a great replacement for old man Brooking.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #118
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
That's a deep evaluation. That's not the case, I have said some things lately about calling that player out, because.. I was told multiple times such players were not good, I was told I didn't know how to evaluate, and have seen people literally steal what I say word for word as their own work. I was browsing another site and saw somebody literally name every free agent player and draft prospect I like.. That's a little offensive..
No way that is offensive, that is flattery. Anyone who steals your opinion and likes it enough to copy it somewhere else, that is flattery.

You posted your opinion on a free website and people in this society will steal it. Believe me. Take it in stride, they don't pay you to do this yet, and when they do your opinion won't be free
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #119
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
How has B.W Webb looked this week?
They say he has looked OK. Nothing really jumped out at me.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #120
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm very uninformed about the players coming out this year, really didn't follow college ball much.

But, I was impressed by FSU's Vince Williams (?) last night, thought he looked like a nasty Middle LB prospect. What's the word on him (production, projected draft position, etc)?
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #121
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I'm very uninformed about the players coming out this year, really didn't follow college ball much.

But, I was impressed by FSU's Vince Williams (?) last night, thought he looked like a nasty Middle LB prospect. What's the word on him (production, projected draft position, etc)?
Williams is an interesting prospect. He missed all of 2009 with a back injury, so he is a RS Senior. His first two years he was a back-up player for Florida State, his last two seasons he assumed the role as starter for the team. He has also been known to be one of the most humble and well-respected players on the team. The coaches rave about him and believe he has a great attitude and mental approach to the game.

I thought Williams had played well the past two seasons for the Noles. He doesn't have out of this world production numbers, but he is an absolute stud in the run game and pursues the ball carrier very well. I think the past two seasons total he accrued 120 tackles or so as a starter, a couple of sacks, an INT and a few FF. Keep in mind his production isn't going to be bat**** insane like a lot of prospects because FSU always has talented players who swarm around the ball.

He is a down-hill, two-down run-thumper who could easily replace Mays in our line-up if we want to go with an ILB that has trouble guarding against the pass. He is a missile out there and had a very good Senior Bowl week. He is probably going to go somewhere in the fifth or sixth rounds. I think he is a prospect who can be a valuable special teams player for a year or two, but down the road -- could be the kind of guy who can start for a team and not *miss much* when doing so.

So in short, he is a bit of a project, but he will carve a niche for himself in the NFL as described above. It may not sound that appealing, but everyone needs a player like that.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #122
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks for providing that info, much appreciated!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #123
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wow Req...5th or 6th...I thought he would go much higher. You are the resident Nole so I will defer to you on it. I certainly wouldn't mind at all if we spent a 3rd on him.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #124
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Wow Req...5th or 6th...I thought he would go much higher. You are the resident Nole so I will defer to you on it. I certainly wouldn't mind at all if we spent a 3rd on him.
A third is way to high for this guy. He isn't a Top 5-7 ILB in this class (IMHO) and definitely has his limits as a player. Couple that in with his injury history and inability to play all three downs and you have yourself a third day pick. Just my opinion. I may love the Noles, but I try to be realistic about their prospects.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #125
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
Michael Mauti isn't at the Senior Bowl because of a knee injury, but he's getting a stock up for sending a handwritten note to every single NFL general manager during the week about how much football means to him. Most general managers were reportedly impressed. Mauti is a great leader and will prove to be a mid-round steal.

Pretty impressive thing to do IMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: