The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Clady.

Was answering in the Clady thread and it disappeared

So here is my answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickademus View Post
Leave the cap stuff to eddiemac he is usually right on and doesnt include blind speculation about what the owner will or wont do.
Not blind speculation but the facts ver the past few years going back to at least Josh maybe even the last year under mikey, we have been under the cap..

Remember all those stories about Pat being broke. While my friend they started then.

We had 11 and change inside that 18.5 that we are under the cap this year, that 11 came from last year. Being under last years cap.

Facts are facts.

Prove me wrong.

As for what he will do this year not sure but MAX we had as of the EOY was 18.5. That is a reported fact from sources other than Eddiemac.

While I have load s of respect for him, I also know the research I did at taphan time we had 35 player under contract for 2013. With only 18.5 mil to spend to round out the roster.

Even if we cut dumb ass Williams that ony saves us 4.3 million. His salary of 6 less his prorated 1.7 bonus money.

While that is another 4.3 you will spend about 700k or more to replace him. So the bet net is 3.6.

Show me where I'm wrong.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

You started a new thread to continue an argument?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Derp is derp.

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Cool story bro.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
no to continue debate..

someone ask a question I answered it..

if they moved the thread then let them merge it if they deleted a thread that had a good discussion going on, I'd like to know why..
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
DENVERDUI55

Lonestar say we let Clady walk who do you want to replace him?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Was answering in the Clady thread and it disappeared

So here is my answer.

Not blind speculation but the facts ver the past few years going back to at least Josh maybe even the last year under mikey, we have been under the cap..

Remember all those stories about Pat being broke. While my friend they started then.

We had 11 and change inside that 18.5 that we are under the cap this year, that 11 came from last year. Being under last years cap.

Facts are facts.

Prove me wrong.

As for what he will do this year not sure but MAX we had as of the EOY was 18.5. That is a reported fact from sources other than Eddiemac.

While I have load s of respect for him, I also know the research I did at taphan time we had 35 player under contract for 2013. With only 18.5 mil to spend to round out the roster.

Even if we cut dumb ass Williams that ony saves us 4.3 million. His salary of 6 less his prorated 1.7 bonus money.

While that is another 4.3 you will spend about 700k or more to replace him. So the bet net is 3.6.

Show me where I'm wrong.
I missed the other thread. What is the point of your thread title and your first post? I'm unclear because Clady is not mentioned in the post
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Agree it's a lame premise, but this thread could help form a consensus going forward.

Ryan Clady was named AP 1st-Team All Pro for 2012 - ahead of Joe Thomas - and to the Pro Bowl team. Most agree you never let an elite talent just walk when the franchise tag is available. So, notwithstanding lonetstar's needlessly complicated and out of context cap numbers, the offseason questions about whether Clady was overrated-on the downside-not that great have been settled.

Now can we all agree we should either PAY him or TAG him?

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 01-23-2013 at 01:46 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm not big college fan so have to wait for the north south game to play out as well as the combine..

I have heard there are loads of great OT in this draft.. I suspect that John and John are watching these kids with a very keen eye.. no sense in spending about 12 mil each year of cladys new contract (10 per year in salary and 2 for the prorated bonus money) if you can get one for 25% of that..

since the myth of having to have an elite OLT went away with the advent of the quick passing game, that we have went to and I suspect will stay with even after Manning retires..

that means fewer IF ANY 5-7 step drop back passing plays, the thing that meant having to have a GREAT OLT..

I'd guess since we can't afford Clady after this past year, I see no way of out bidding lots of the bottom feeding team for him.. John made a play last year to get him cheaper but he wanted to go for the gusto..
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm not big college fan so have to wait for the north south game to play out as well as the combine..

I have heard there are loads of great OT in this draft.. I suspect that John and John are watching these kids with a very keen eye.. no sense in spending about 12 mil each year of cladys new contract (10 per year in salary and 2 for the prorated bonus money) if you can get one for 25% of that..

since the myth of having to have an elite OLT went away with the advent of the quick passing game, that we have went to and I suspect will stay with even after Manning retires..

that means fewer IF ANY 5-7 step drop back passing plays, the thing that meant having to have a GREAT OLT..

I'd guess since we can't afford Clady after this past year, I see no way of out bidding lots of the bottom feeding team for him.. John made a play last year to get him cheaper but he wanted to go for the gusto..
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
You may have an issue with the interwebz when...
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Agree it's a lame premise, but this thread could help form a consensus going forward.

Ryan Clady was named AP 1st-Team All Pro for 2012 - ahead of Joe Thomas - and to the Pro Bowl team. Most agree you never let an elite talent just walk when the franchise tag is available. So, notwithstanding lonetstar's needlessly complicated and out of context cap numbers, the offseason questions about whether Clady was overrated-on the downside-not that great have been settled.

Now can we all agree we should either PAY him or TAG him?
Personally I'd never pay him long term..

if any thing tag him while we train a newbie to learn the position..

while he is "voted" in tot eh pro-bowl we all know it is a popularity contest..

I'm happy for him, but he has not been that "great" OT since his knee issue a few years ago..

his run blocking is not elite and he gets beat by speed rushers something he did not do in his first years.. now does that mean he gave up sacks, no but Manning has "risen all boats" a phrase most have used on this site since he got here..

IMO he can be replaced with a rookie and TAG him if you have to.. he simply is not worth 12 million a year long term..
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

When the window to a championship is closing, I hate letting talent go just to replace it with a possible similar talent (especially when its just a money saving manuever.) If you think you can live without Ryan Clady because LT isn't important, and spend your resources elsewhere, then fine. But letting someone go just to make a lateral move (spending a 1st rounder in this case) when finances are the only reason, seems like a **** idea.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
that we have went to
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:

if any thing
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

What is it with bat-**** crazy posts and threads today? There has to be something in the water...

You don't go spend $18 mil per year on Manning then cobble together an offensive line. Remember that Peyton chose us, and has the option to walk away if he wants. There is no way that Elway and Bowlen will take away our pieces of the O-line that work. If anything, Kuper's injury puts the Broncos FO in a much more difficult bargaining position with Clady. Mess with too many pieces, and Manning's neck might get snapped off.

You will be paying starter money to any FA Left Tackle in the offseason - there is no good reason not to re-sign Clady.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I like the use of punctuation in the thread title.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I like the use of punctuation in the thread title.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
What is it with bat-**** crazy posts and threads today? There has to be something in the water...

You don't go spend $18 mil per year on Manning then cobble together an offensive line. Remember that Peyton chose us, and has the option to walk away if he wants. There is no way that Elway and Bowlen will take away our pieces of the O-line that work. If anything, Kuper's injury puts the Broncos FO in a much more difficult bargaining position with Clady. Mess with too many pieces, and Manning's neck might get snapped off.

You will be paying starter money to any FA Left Tackle in the offseason - there is no good reason not to re-sign Clady.
Everyone knows that rookies can be drafted and step in and play at Pro Bowl levels right away, just look at how it has worked out for duh bears.

Football players are all interchangeable parts. Anyone coming out of college is equal or better to proven vets who have made pro bowls and stuff.

DUH....
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Clady bois.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

yeah! let clady walk! Draft our next great rookie OT! We could always luck out and have a George Foster type player fall right on our lap!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #24
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
When the window to a championship is closing, I hate letting talent go just to replace it with a possible similar talent (especially when its just a money saving manuever.) If you think you can live without Ryan Clady because LT isn't important, and spend your resources elsewhere, then fine. But letting someone go just to make a lateral move (spending a 1st rounder in this case) when finances are the only reason, seems like a **** idea.
Was Franklin a first rounder?

It is not just saving a few bucks but saving perhaps as much as 45 million over the life of the contract and actually allowing the team to pay for other players also.

It may not be ideal but. The odds of John spending 70 million on a guy that IS NOT the guy he was before his dumb ass move and injury playing basketball in the off season.

Odds are now that he is a UFA that some bottom feeder of a team will indeed out bid us.

If this was a premium position like it was ten years ago then maybe. But the majority of our passing game is shotgun or fast passing that the ball is gone in less than 3 seconds. Almost no 5 steps drop backs and NO seven steps.

With the advent of fast paced offenses it will become even less important. The defenses can not subsistute so they get tired faster thus even less pass rush.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Yes ther is a reason we do not have the money. He will cost cap wise between 9 and 12 million a year. Since we have less than 19 million to sign as many as 25 more players to fill out the roster. Your going to spend over half of it for one spot?

Not likely. Show me the money your going to pay him with.