The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #51
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
He's picking up momentum, maybe only 3 weeks until the ban hammer.
I've already made it longer than Peyton and Elway did in the playoffs...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #52
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

You guys have to admit he has some valid points. Who in their right mind would continue to start that limp dink, Orton? The guy is terrible. Has no guts, no balls.

I would take Tebow and the season we had last year over at least half of the other QBs in the league.

And at this point, the Manning experiment is NOT a success, no matter what anyone says. And there is absolutely no certaintly that it is going to get better than it was this season.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #53
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. I have no doubt in my mind the Jets would have been a playoff team this year had they played the read option with Tebow. They had a strong ground game and a good defense. What they needed was for someone to not turn the ball over. And the NY fans would have ate up that gutsy, hard nosed football and loved it.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #54
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Lastly, any Bronco fan that bad mouths Tebow is a true jackass. How any true fan can't absolutely love the guy is beyond me. Total class act, gave his all on the field and created some unbelievable memories. What more do you want?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #55
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Hey Macgruder....

www.match.com.

try it
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #56
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Remember when they played Tebow and the 2s against the 1s to make him, look bad and played Orton with the 1s versus the 2s to make him look good... if Tebow was as bad as everyone claims why would they need to do that?
Are you ****ing serious?!? That is the standard fare for every training camp. The 2's always go against the 1's on each side of the ball.

You are a goddamn whirlwind of inconsistency.

Tebow had to have the ****ty non del rio defense....but Elway made Tebow look bad because he couldn't do anything against the non Del Rio defense.

Tebow is better than Manning because he won a playoff game even when he had a worse defense, even though the Defense Peyton manning had gave up more points against weaker competition.

This is all about people looking at the stats. Tebow is great because he threw for 300 yards against the Steelers that one time.

Tebow can't play in a traditional offense, people need to not judge him by that. Elway sabotaged Tebow by making him play an offense tailored to him. Tebow can't play in the offense that RGIII is running either though. He has to play in a magical new offense that I can't explain becasue the government will find me and kill me.

You must be a legitimately crazy person; which in that case, please seek help. If not, you are nothing but a forum baiting troll.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #57
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. I have no doubt in my mind the Jets would have been a playoff team this year had they played the read option with Tebow. They had a strong ground game and a good defense. What they needed was for someone to not turn the ball over. And the NY fans would have ate up that gutsy, hard nosed football and loved it.
How about lose ugly, which is also what Tebow did. Denver lost it's 4 games last season by a total of 25 points. A 10 point loss to NE being the worst.

Tebow lost by:
35 points
18 points
26 points
4 points
and 35 points again.

It's the defense right? Well guess what...The Tebow offense averaged 12 points per game in those games. I guess it's cool though, because Buffalo, Detroit and Kansas City are such elite teams.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

If Tebow could consistently throw the football... if he were one tenth as good a QB as MacGruder claims he is... he would be starting on some team by now. Instead, he's probably gonna get the release he "demanded" from the Jets and find no other team in the league with the slightest scintilla of interest in him.

Now this could be due to a vast multi-franchise conspiracy against him... or it could be that he simply doesn't have the skills he needs to succeed at this level of the game. You decide. (lol)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #59
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

This might be the least-modded site I've been on.

How can someone like the OP be allowed to post over 5,000 times on here?

This thread was started obviously for attention and to entice and bait people into responding the way he knew people would.

Nothing positive and constructive was going to come out of it and should've been locked on the first page.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #60
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Are you ****ing serious?!? That is the standard fare for every training camp. The 2's always go against the 1's on each side of the ball.

You are a goddamn whirlwind of inconsistency.

Tebow had to have the ****ty non del rio defense....but Elway made Tebow look bad because he couldn't do anything against the non Del Rio defense.

Tebow is better than Manning because he won a playoff game even when he had a worse defense, even though the Defense Peyton manning had gave up more points against weaker competition.

This is all about people looking at the stats. Tebow is great because he threw for 300 yards against the Steelers that one time.

Tebow can't play in a traditional offense, people need to not judge him by that. Elway sabotaged Tebow by making him play an offense tailored to him. Tebow can't play in the offense that RGIII is running either though. He has to play in a magical new offense that I can't explain becasue the government will find me and kill me.

You must be a legitimately crazy person; which in that case, please seek help. If not, you are nothing but a forum baiting troll.
The Broncos HAD the ideal offense IN place for Tebow.. that was WHY McD drafted him. Belichick got his offense from Urban Meyer.. MCD was running the same thing.

Fox came in in a season with no offseason and SCRAPPED the offense that was ideal for Tebow that was in place. Fox's offense even screwed up Orton who was playing much better when that offense was in place.

Why did he do it? Because that was the only way he could make the crap Broncos defenses look good.

Elway knew exactly what he was doing. When he hired Fox he KNEW he was ending Tebow's career.. when Elway then removed all the veteran receivers from the team he knew he was putting a stake in Tebow's heart...

Elway also knew that by dragging Tebow's name through the mud he would divide the locker room because he knew there was animosity towards Tebow anyway.

If you have Peter Tebow the preacher calling you out for karma you know some nasty stuff went down...

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-23-2013 at 03:43 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #61
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
This might be the least-modded site I've been on.

How can someone like the OP be allowed to post over 5,000 times on here?

This thread was started obviously for attention and to entice and bait people into responding the way he knew people would.

Nothing positive and constructive was going to come out of it and should've been locked on the first page.
This was something legitimate I found.. can you explain it away? Who would do this? It is crafted in a way to defend Elway or the Broncos and it seems to be done professionally..

Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #62
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
If Tebow could consistently throw the football... if he were one tenth as good a QB as MacGruder claims he is... he would be starting on some team by now. Instead, he's probably gonna get the release he "demanded" from the Jets and find no other team in the league with the slightest scintilla of interest in him.

Now this could be due to a vast multi-franchise conspiracy against him... or it could be that he simply doesn't have the skills he needs to succeed at this level of the game. You decide. (lol)
You just described Steve Young in his early career.... Is that a bad thing? You decide...

Tebow doesn't fit the gold standards of how QBs are evaluated. That doesn't mean Tebow can't be successful.. it means NFL people are small minded.

The Broncos football people were fooled too.. they thought Orton had to outplay Tebow. When it was the complete opposite.

The Broncos players thought the same thing..

Steve Young said HE was wrong about Tebow... if Steve Young could be fooled then do you think you are any different? Or other NFL people..

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-23-2013 at 03:53 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
How about lose ugly, which is also what Tebow did. Denver lost it's 4 games last season by a total of 25 points. A 10 point loss to NE being the worst.

Tebow lost by:
35 points
18 points
26 points
4 points
and 35 points again.

It's the defense right? Well guess what...The Tebow offense averaged 12 points per game in those games. I guess it's cool though, because Buffalo, Detroit and Kansas City are such elite teams.
I love that we're back to comparing 14-season full-offseason PFM to a kid in his first 16 games stepping in cold after a team's 1-4 start under a different QB. Oh, and Detroit wasn't all that shabby last year.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #64
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

This just in: Tebow can't consistently throw a football with any semblance of accuracy, therefor he has little value as a quarterback in the nfl.
Source: 32 NFL GMs.
What is OP going to do when Tebow is out of the league in 2015 and running missionaries in the Philippines?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #65
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

John Elway sitting in his hotel room at the Senior Bowl furiously twitter bombing about the Jets soon to be released 3rd string QB?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #66
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

HOW ARE YOU STILL HERE?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #67
MacGruder

Quote:

Tebow lost by:
35 points
18 points
26 points
4 points
and 35 points again.

Buffalo had 4 or 5 turnovers from TOM BRADY!

And of course they were blown out.. Fox had the worst offense in the world. Orton looked decent on offense before AND after Fox... Fox ruined Orton and Tebow's career. He's a Qb death sentence.. EXACTLY why Elway got him.

He even almost ruined PEYTON'S career early in the season before he was FORCED to let Peyton play no huddle all game.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #68
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
But Tebow was the one who created that run offense... that's the whole point. Tebow's passing also opened the run.. Tebow's running also protected him in the pocket.
32nd ranked passing game wasn't opening up squat. And, if he was so protected, why were our sack numbers so awesome in 2010 and 2012, but sucked so bad in 2011 with him?

Quote:
Peyton's non-athleticism hurts his team and run game.
13-3....boy did it hurt.

Quote:
if everyone could do what Tebow did everyone would be running the wildcat with better runners than Tebow.
San Fran, Seattle and Washington all run some variation of it and they all run it FAR better than Tebow ever did/could.

Quote:
that is why he has so much upside.
He has no upside any more. It's too late. He can't make it through a season any more without re-breaking his ribs, so he's going to be running less and less and his throwing hasn't improved one bit since he's been in the league. It's over for him.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #69
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
This just in: Tebow can't consistently throw a football with any semblance of accuracy, therefor he has little value as a quarterback in the nfl.
Source: 32 NFL GMs.
What is OP going to do when Tebow is out of the league in 2015 and running missionaries in the Philippines?
He will be on the Pats at the worst.... if Chip Kelly doesn't take Tebow it shows how the NFL outside of Belichick is a lost cause.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #70
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
John Elway sitting in his hotel room at the Senior Bowl furiously twitter bombing about the Jets soon to be released 3rd string QB?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Yep. He just can't get over Tebow.

Threads like this, and the lunatics behind them, are why you can't keep the guy around as a backup. Billboards, etc.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #71
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
32nd ranked passing game wasn't opening up squat.
Fox ran the ball constantly.. of course your passing game is going to decrease. That is what helped the D so much. And Tebow had very very few turnovers passing the ball. That shows the success of the pas game. No team can run if you can't pass. This was will Elway moving all the veteran receivers.. he surrounded Peyton with them

Quote:
And, if he was so protected, why were our sack numbers so awesome in 2010 and 2012, but sucked so bad in 2011 with him?
The line was terrible.. that was shown with Peyton too.. why do you think he was dinking and dunking all through the regular season and the playoffs?

Quote:
13-3....boy did it hurt.
Great for the regular season but terrible for the post season. Peyton masked the Broncos problems just like Tebow did..

Tebow doing it as essentially a rookie WHILE Fox was holding him back makes that incredible. Peyton was allowed to craft the O around himself Tebow was not.

Quote:
San Fran, Seattle and Washington all run some variation of it and they all run it FAR better than Tebow ever did/could.
They were on much better teams with much better coaches.

Quote:
He has no upside any more. It's too late. He can't make it through a season any more without re-breaking his ribs, so he's going to be running less and less and his throwing hasn't improved one bit since he's been in the league. It's over for him.
He was injured by the worst coaching imaginable. In both cases..

Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #72
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
He will be on the Pats at the worst.... if Chip Kelly doesn't take Tebow it shows how the NFL outside of Belichick is a lost cause.
Ummm, the Pats already have 7 TEs, all better than Tebow.....3 RBs, all better than Tebow......and 2 QBs, both better than Tebow.

There's a better chance the Broncos re-sign him than the Pats. And we all know that ain't happening.

It's Canada or out of football entirely next year for Mr Tebow.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #73
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
HOW ARE YOU STILL HERE?
This from the guy who made the "DAT ASS" thread....

This truly is bizarro world..

Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #74
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Fox ran the ball constantly.. of course your passing game is going to decrease. That shows the success of the pas game. No team can run if you can't pass.
This must read better in English.

Quote:
Peyton masked the Broncos problems just like Tebow did....
1st you say that Peyton WAS the problem. Now you say he masked the Broncos problems. Interesting. Trying to have it both ways I see.

Quote:
He was injured by the worst coaching imaginable. In both cases..
Yup, sure. It's the coaches' faults that he gets hit when he runs.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #75
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummm, the Pats already have 7 TEs, all better than Tebow.....3 RBs, all better than Tebow......and 2 QBs, both better than Tebow.

There's a better chance the Broncos re-sign him than the Pats. And we all know that ain't happening.

It's Canada or out of football entirely next year for Mr Tebow.
They have 2 Qbs better at running the TIM TEBOW offense than Tim Tebow?

I honestly think Tebow would have a better chance of winning a SB in that system than Tom Brady for the same reason Tebow outplayed Peyton on the Broncos in the playoffs.

The game has changed... it doesn't suit pure passers anymore. They are at a disadvantage compared to more well rounded QBs... if Belichick got a hold of Tebow as a starter he would illustrate that more than anyone...

If it happens though.. guess what... Tebow will get no credit... just like how on the Broncos he gets no credit for outplaying Peyton. He can win 10 SBs under Beli and the people who have made up their minds about Tebow will never change them.

Closed Thread