The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Senior Bowl

Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.
good point but Alfonso Smith looked amazing that week too.....

What round would you draft Poyer?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
good point but Alfonso Smith looked amazing that week too.....

What round would you draft Poyer?
Find me saying ANYTHING positive about Alphonso Smith. Ever.

Top 2, easy. It's starting to look like a pipedream that he'd last to our pick in the 2nd, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like **** at the combine.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Top 2, easy. It's starting to look like a pipedream that he'd last to our pick in the 2nd, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like **** at the combine.
Either that or trade back in round one for an early round 2 and extra picks.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.
I'm so done questioning Rev about DB's. I'll argue with him over other positions, but he is all over DB's.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.
You're quoting something from yesterday. I'm watching it live.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You're quoting something from yesterday. I'm watching it live.
Whoops. Thought this was the first day of practice.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,948

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.
esssssssssssssspin
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Just made a realllllllllly nice play on 3rd down to kill a drive in today's scrimmage
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Mike Glennon looks ahead of schedule at QB.

Nice touch on the ball and extremely accurate
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,125

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Glennon is a douche. Ruined FSU's year.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
Conklin
Ring of Famer
 
Conklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springfield, Misery
Posts: 3,141
Default

Even tho I am biased because I know him personally, but I'm looking forward to how Brandon Williams does in practice today

Brandon Williams -- DT, Missouri Southern
This could be Brandon Williams coming out party. This 6-foot-3, 325-pound beast was the D-II Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association defensive player of the year after recording 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks, eight quarterback hurries and five forced fumbles this past season. He also set a school record with 27 career sacks. He has size, speed, strength, is versatile and plays with a good motor. But that was against D-II competition and because of that he will have his skeptics. But a good showing next week against high-caliber competition will validate his draft status. Remember Dontari Poe last year? He blew up during the draft process and became the first-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs. Williams could be this year’s Poe.
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Top 2, easy. It's starting to look like a pipedream that he'd last to our pick in the 2nd, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like **** at the combine.
That's good. Gives us more options at #28. CB is definitely on the radar.

The dude had 7 INT's as a Sr, and 4 as a Jr. Put him on the list.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
That's good. Gives us more options at #28. CB is definitely on the radar.

The dude had 7 INT's as a Sr, and 4 as a Jr. Put him on the list.
2 against our own Brosweiler, and he's also experienced and comfortable at picking Barkley, so he'll fit right in if KC drafts him.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Cornelius Washington looking good. Awesome leverage.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,080
Default

I'd say Jordan Poyer is a 2nd rounder at this point....but a high second rounder, not very likely to fall to the bottom of the 2nd round.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
2 against our own Brosweiler, and he's also experienced and comfortable at picking Barkley, so he'll fit right in if KC drafts him.
I can dig it. Poyer has great size too, unlike 'phonsie the smurf. Poyer can step right in at RCB or Nickel and move to LCB in '14.

Need another elite cover guy. Can't have 4.4 WR's blowing the lid off the Defense every time down the field.

Poyer ran a 4.38 at some point in his college life...He'll probably shred the combine and come in as one of the fastest. With such great ball skills, he has a reasonable chance of going higher than #28, especially if he is beasting at the Senior Bowl. All he needs is something to set him apart from Rhodes and Banks. He'll be off the board by #40 no matter what.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
Even tho I am biased because I know him personally, but I'm looking forward to how Brandon Williams does in practice today

Brandon Williams -- DT, Missouri Southern
This could be Brandon Williams coming out party. This 6-foot-3, 325-pound beast was the D-II Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association defensive player of the year after recording 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks, eight quarterback hurries and five forced fumbles this past season. He also set a school record with 27 career sacks. He has size, speed, strength, is versatile and plays with a good motor. But that was against D-II competition and because of that he will have his skeptics. But a good showing next week against high-caliber competition will validate his draft status. Remember Dontari Poe last year? He blew up during the draft process and became the first-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs. Williams could be this year’s Poe.
^ He just had a REALLY nice showing.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.
Everything I have seen or heard has been positive about Proyer.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Brandon Williams is the DT I have been praising since the beginning of time.. You heard it here first!

Anybody have input on Will Davis CB Utah State? I think I would rather take a CB in the second, seems line we would have a shot at Pryor, Davis, Trufant, McFadden, or Amerson..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,242
Default

the OL Armstead from Arkansas pine bluff looks pretty solid.
Williams has definitely grown on me at DT, Floyd is still my #1 DT(since we have no shot at Star)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #23
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer
 
ColoradoBuff's Avatar
 
In Manning We Trust......

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the buffalo roam....
Posts: 2,129

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

sounds like the UNC LB Reddick looks good too
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,242
Default

i'm been saying it for awhile now, but i'll keep saying it. i want Gillislee if we don't go RB in the 1st.
big, fast, runs with power and still able to cut and go nicely.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #25
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.
Ahem. See post #7
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109837
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Denver Broncos