The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #26
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post

im gonna ride this bandwagon till the wheels fall off. we cant cover tight ends ever. they kill us when we play the good teams . if we draft ogletree the converted safety what ever he lacks in run stuffing he will make up for in pass coverage. this pick makes too much sense all the dum asses who wants a thumper MLB in minter WE DONT NEED A THUMPER WE WERE TOP 5 IN RUN DEFENSE we suck at COVERING TIGHT ENDS . who can cover tight ends OGLETREE
One of the most overrated defensive players in the draft. He's got size and speed, but he can't tackle and can't shed blocks well (like DJ Williams was when he was playing MLB). I dunno if he and the rest of the UGA defenders were mainly interested in going their stats up or what but that whole defense sucked as a unit. Besides your MLB doesn't need to cover a linebacker your Outside backers do. I would much rather Minter who could come up and stuff the run as oppose to him. But given all that I would much rather see us get a safety that can cause turnovers or change the game with our first pick. Either by intercepting the ball like an Ed Reed or Earl Thomas or by knocking a defender out like an Gholston or Pollard.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #27
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
replacing Adams with a safety that could cover would help more.....Denver is in more need of a run stuff DT than pass rushing one.
The middle of the field was such a vortex of disaster I am so shocked the defense did as well as it did. Mike Adams, was getting schooled all year and we had a collection of 2 down MLB's. Even the slightest upgrade in both positions would have a dramatic affect.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #28
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
The middle of the field was such a vortex of disaster I am so shocked the defense did as well as it did. Mike Adams, was getting schooled all year and we had a collection of 2 down MLB's. Even the slightest upgrade in both positions would have a dramatic affect.
yeah, that's where I would start.and then interior OL.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #29
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
A healthy Moreno would have made a HUGE difference.
Once he went down, there was absolutely NO BLITZ PICK UP by Ball, which when they tried for 1 play, was one of the most embarassing plays i've ever seen in Bronco history, and Hillman, as good as he ran, was useless as well, and just is not big enough to stop opposing blitzers.
Manning was completely handcuffed because of this, and suddenly the passing game disappeared.
DEN needs to draft a RB like Stephan Taylor (STAN) BAD.
Yeah, a stout young pair of legs is a top-2 priority for me (next to MLB) We can't count on KM or Willis to make it through a game at this point. Who knows how Willis will look next year anyway. We don't have time to mess around with another 30 year old free agent.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #30
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
One of the most overrated defensive players in the draft. He's got size and speed, but he can't tackle and can't shed blocks well (like DJ Williams was when he was playing MLB). I dunno if he and the rest of the UGA defenders were mainly interested in going their stats up or what but that whole defense sucked as a unit. Besides your MLB doesn't need to cover a linebacker your Outside backers do. I would much rather Minter who could come up and stuff the run as oppose to him. But given all that I would much rather see us get a safety that can cause turnovers or change the game with our first pick. Either by intercepting the ball like an Ed Reed or Earl Thomas or by knocking a defender out like an Gholston or Pollard.
yea dude glad nfl execs agree with you

Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #31
g6matty

its funny that MLB dont need to cover yet the two teams in the super bowls MLB's handle the responsibilities of covering tight ends. ray lewis navaro bowman and p willy lmao gtfo
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #32
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Rev what your saying may be true, there was a total lapse in coverage, but that doesn't take away the fact that we need a more disruptive interior player.. QBs stepped up into the pocket all season. If they could no longer do that, we would probably approach 70 sacks.

My favorite player who is scheme flexible, can two gap and still be incredibly disruptive is Brandon Williams Missouri Southern, and he's right in our ball park as a third round pick..
The **** they did.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #33
Bmore Manning

Quote:
its funny that MLB dont need to cover yet the two teams in the super bowls MLB's handle the responsibilities of covering tight ends. ray lewis navaro bowman and p willy lmao gtfo
They run a true 3-4.. Different LB responsibilities..Cincys gonna take Ogaltree to play OLB..you watch.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #34
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The **** they did.
You can't be serious to think QBs didn't step up into the pocket against us. Where else did they go?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #35
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Whosaid that?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #36
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
They run a true 3-4.. Different LB responsibilities..Cincys gonna take Ogaltree to play OLB..you watch.
idk man i just think this guy has the wow factor that doesnt come around at MLB often .
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #37
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Whosaid that?
see post #26
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #38
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
yea dude glad nfl execs agree with you

Ever hear of something called the Fallacious appeal to authority?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #39
g6matty

Quote:
Ever hear of something called the Fallacious appeal to authority?
no but i just googled it and i mean we can argue back and forth but the fact is that these guys get paid to scout and make opinions on the future stars of the league and they think said ogletree is one of those guys
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #40
Bmore Manning

Quote:
idk man i just think this guy has the wow factor that doesnt come around at MLB often .
Are you advocating we trade up for him? I doubt he's there @28. Again I had read that Cincy was interested in drafting him to play OLB. And they would move Burfict to MLB, and not retain the services of Ray M.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #41
DENVERDUI55

Denver needs both DT and secondary. Front 7 is more important than secondary but the S play in Denver needs to be addressed for sure.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #42
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
One of our linebackers is essentially a DE, so no. Another coverage LB is glaringly our biggest need.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #43
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
no but i just googled it and i mean we can argue back and forth but the fact is that these guys get paid to scout and make opinions on the future stars of the league and they think said ogletree is one of those guys
it means that an "expert opinion" is a fallacious argument if there is no consensus among these "experts," or in what defines an "expert" or "Authority."

That's why you rarely see someone say: "Person A thinks like me, therefor I am right."

You like Ogletree, that's fine, defend that with your opinion and observations, not someone elses.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #44
g6matty

Quote:
it means that an "expert opinion" is a fallacious argument if there is no consensus among these "experts," or in what defines an "expert" or "Authority."

That's why you rarely see someone say: "Person A thinks like me, therefor I am right."

You like Ogletree, that's fine, defend that with your opinion and observations, not someone elses.
we have packages where we bring in a 3rd safety because our linebackers are so putrid in coverage i dont see how this guy isnt an easy solution for our team. i cant fathom how we can get by with guys like brooking and mays at MLB and go top 5 in run defense, but complain a young stud cant step in and do just as good if not better job while increasing the pass defense drastically.

and to answer bmore's question about trading up. idk i think we will have to when its all said and done with the combine he should destroy
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #45
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

MLB or DT main priority in draft. Assuming Champ moves to safety in 2014 with Rahim Moore at the other safety spot.

CB, OG/C, WR, RB other areas to address in FA/draft.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #46
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
we have packages where we bring in a 3rd safety because our linebackers are so putrid in coverage i dont see how this guy isnt an easy solution for our team. i cant fathom how we can get by with guys like brooking and mays at MLB and go top 5 in run defense, but complain a young stud cant step in and do just as good if not better job while increasing the pass defense drastically.

and to answer bmore's question about trading up. idk i think we will have to when its all said and done with the combine he should destroy
You aren;t following though. We were top 5 in run defense partially due to scheme and partially due to the fact that the MLB's we do have are stout against the run. Their liability is in coverage. Ogletree may improve the coverage part, but then creates a new weakness against the run. That is why so many of us are advocating Minter (or Teo). Ogletree hasn't proven to be any better in coverage than those two, but he is less stout against the run.

you see what I'm saying? We can improve the pass defense, while still having a good run defense with Minter, but would potentially sacrifice the run defense to improve the Pass defense with Ogletree (unless he puts on some weight and gets stronger).
Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #47
pricejj
jungle

It's all about Dyme Lyfe...and you know this.

You arguing with Champ M*********in Bailey? Didn't think so...so dead all the MLB talk.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #48
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

A lot of you guys in this thread are trying to fix that game or even that one play at the end of regulation by thinking some free agent or draft pick would have changed things like it's going to happen that way again.

Here's the reality. We led the league in sacks, and while Miller's production had a lot to do with it, the reality is many of our games he'd get one or two and everyone else got the other four, five or six sacks spread out.

Pass rush isn't a problem. We need more strength at the POA inside and better speed at linebacker, particularly in the middle and some help in the secondary. I will concede that the OP suggests the safeties could use some upgrading.

However basing what this team needs on one game where we played bad all over is just more emotional reaction to the loss and not based on reality.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd have no problem if the Broncos got the best CB possible with the #28 pick and then worked on an interior DL in the second or a MLB in the second. If you look at the mock drafts they are all over the place. Minter is sometimes gone in the first round and in other mocks he's not gone until the 3rd round. A guy like Short is sometimes taken in the 2nd round, sometimes in the 3rd round, etc.

Until the combine comes and goes, it's all guess work. My personal opinion is just get the BPA whether that be a CB, Oline, DT, MLB, RB, whatever. Just make the pick count.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #50
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
However basing what this team needs on one game where we played bad all over is just more emotional reaction to the loss and not based on reality.
This. It's happening here as well over the Pats. People saying they need to blow the whole thing up when they were a few crappy drives away from appearing in yet another SB.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote