The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Senior Bowl Week Thread

2013 Senior Bowl Week from Mobile Alabama

Senior Bowl kicks off next Saturday, so you know what that means. A week of the Senior Bowl workouts and practices. This thread is to discuss all that. Everyone feel free to share information, links, reports, videos, etc. Who are some of your prospects to watch out for at Mobile? This is a great time to see what we can look forward to come April. (On a side note: 73 underclassmen officially declared)

Link to Website For Official Rosters

I think the North has got some promising talent at WR, OL and DL. A few interesting guys at LB and DB. Not too overwhelmed with what the South has to offer, but they do have some quality players.

Broncos Draft Selections (Past Two Years Under Elway, Fox, Russell)

2011: Von Miller (1st Round) Nate Irving (3rd Round) Quinton Carter (4th Round) Jeremy Beal (7th Round)

2012: Derek Wolfe (2nd Round) Malik Jackson (5th Round)

So evidently, all of our selections since Elway from players at Mobile have been on the defensive side of the ball. Interesting. (Did not bother looking up previous trends.) Will continue to add to this thread.

Last edited by Requiem; 01-19-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...s-news-updates

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Are the Senior Bowl practices covered anywhere live on TV
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Are the Senior Bowl practices covered anywhere live on TV
NFL channel starting at 1600 US eastern time.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

• Malliciah Goodman
Clemson
6'3⅝ Height
272 Weight
35⅞ Arm
10⅞ Hands
87¾ W-Span

Crap he has long arms. Longest wingspan of any DL guy there.

• Margus Hunt
S.M.U.
6'8¼ Height
277 Weight
33⅜ Arm
9⅝ Hand
82¼ W-Span

He is every bit 6'8". Would love to have either one of these guys working on the same side as Miller.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

It sucks the Raiders coaching staff is working this game.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Trufant and Poyer have looked really good in man to man coverage so far today. None of the North LB's looked that great in coverage IMO.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

CB Will Davis has 6 inch hands. Nobody else is under 8 inches, and most are around 10 inches.

I kinda want to see what this looks like. He's relatively tall at 5'11 and has normal 31 inch arms.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Datone Jones from UCLA looks real quick off the line. Okafor looks really good as well. Short looked good at DT, though from what I have seen so far Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern St. looks like a BEAST.

Brian Winters looks like he would be a real tough OG as would Long.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Other thoughts from the weigh-in:

CB Sanders Commings checks in at 5'11, 223 lbs. He was listed at 6'3 at Georgia. Probably a safety now unless he runs faster than expected.

WR Aaron Dobson has 33 inch arms on a 6'2 frame and made quite a few highlight catches at Marshall. Someone to keep an eye on if he has any speed.

OTs Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson both checked in with excellent ht/wt and long arms. Both should be first round locks now that their physique matches their tape.

The OG group now probably includes Kyle Long and Dallas Thomas, and definitely includes Justin Pugh and Brian Winters.

DE Malliciah Goodman really looks the part. Doesn't really fit our defense though as a 43 Power End. Same with Hunt and Jones.

DTs Kawaan Short and Sylvester Williams showed up in shape with solid 32 inch arms. Brandon Williams was shorter than expected, and much fatter than expected.

LB Jamie Collins might be somebody to watch as a mid-round backup to Von Miller. Reddick checked in at a solid 6'1, 246. He's a big name for us if we miss out on Minter.

Short group of CBs this year. Only Blidi Wreh-Wilson checked in at 6'0.

Safety Baccari Rambo checked in taller and bigger than Shawn Williams. Wasn't expecting that. Rambo was 6'0, 214. Both Georgia safeties are legit options for us anywhere from Round 2 - Round 4. I like Rambo at that size.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
DTs Kawaan Short and Sylvester Williams showed up in shape with solid 32 inch arms. Brandon Williams was shorter than expected, and much fatter than expected.
32" arms is actually below average for Defensive Lineman. It inhibits their ability to get off NFL blocks...and certainly hurts their draft stock a little bit. It will be interesting to see their strength and footspeed.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-21-2013 at 03:02 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
NFL channel starting at 1600 US eastern time.
I presume that's completely different from NFL Network cos I can get it and it aint covering it.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
32" arms is actually below average for Defensive Lineman. It inhibits their ability to get off NFL blocks...and certainly hurts their draft stock a little bit. It will be interesting to see their strength and footspeed.

In fact, with Short turning 24 in about a week, it almost assuredly pushes both into the 2nd round.

This pretty much takes Short (and Williams) off my list at #28.
I know you didn't watch any of the practice at all so what you think really doesn't matter much. Short had 33 and 3/4 arms FYI and Williams had 32 and 5/8 arms.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Other thoughts from the weigh-in:

DE Malliciah Goodman really looks the part. Doesn't really fit our defense though as a 43 Power End. Same with Hunt and Jones.
How on earth can you say that when Goodman is the same size as Hunter, who was our starting DE before he got hurt moving Wolfe over?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Datone Jones from UCLA looks real quick off the line. Okafor looks really good as well. Short looked good at DT, though from what I have seen so far Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern St. looks like a BEAST.

Brian Winters looks like he would be a real tough OG as would Long.
I want to be on record as the poster who has FIRST talked up Brandon Williams! I should be working in a scouting department somewhere. John should have his people call my people!!

You weren't a fan of Reddick?

I only saw the end and it was slow paced minimal contact 11 on 11
Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I want to be on record as the poster who has FIRST talked up Brandon Williams! I should be working in a scouting department somewhere. John should have his people call my people!!

You weren't a fan of Reddick?

I only saw the end and it was slow paced minimal contact 11 on 11
Brandon Williams looked big and fast. Way faster then someone 340 pounds should be off the snap. Props to you for that.

I honestly didn't see Reddick in the one on one drills so that is my bad for saying what I said. I missed about 5 minutes or so. He looked good against the run in the last 11 on 11 drill.

The Texas WR looked really good too. I hate Texas players at the NFL level though, and yes Okafor was a monster as well.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Brandon Williams looked big and fast. Way faster then someone 340 pounds should be off the snap. Props to you for that.

I honestly didn't see Reddick in the one on one drills so that is my bad for saying what I said. I missed about 5 minutes or so. He looked good against the run in the last 11 on 11 drill.

The Texas WR looked really good too. I hate Texas players at the NFL level though, and yes Okafor was a monster as well.
Oakfor is so complete and he flys off the radar. But here's my issue.. If you take Oakfor we lose that size off the strong side. This would mean our DTs would have to be disruptive and our LBs physical.. I'm also not sure how our scheme would work with Oakfor at SDE..

I was hoping Williams would be there in the third for us.. But we may have to take him in the second..I guess we will see soon enough.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I know you didn't watch any of the practice at all so what you think really doesn't matter much. Short had 33 and 3/4 arms FYI and Williams had 32 and 5/8 arms.
Ah. Thanks for the actual arm lengths...it helps paint the picture on how Kawann Short was so successful in college.

Put Kawann Short squarely back into the 1st round.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Oakfor is so complete and he flys off the radar. But here's my issue.. If you take Oakfor we lose that size off the strong side. This would mean our DTs would have to be disruptive and our LBs physical.. I'm also not sure how our scheme would work with Oakfor at SDE..

I was hoping Williams would be there in the third for us.. But we may have to take him in the second..I guess we will see soon enough.
Okafor looked fast, strong and a motor that didn't quit. My issue is Mack Brown players seemed to be over hyped and don't do well the NFL.

Goodman has damn near a 88 inch wingspan and he had the biggest hands and arms out of the group. He to me is a better fit for SDE then Okafor.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Are you watching DB4life? How did Ziggy Ansah look?
sgbfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Ah. Thanks for the actual arm lengths...it helps paint the picture on how Kawann Short was so successful in college.

Put Kawann Short squarely back into the 1st round.
Short is a fridge guy.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Are you watching DB4life? How did Ziggy Ansah look?
He is on the South side I think they practice tomorrow or I missed the South practice. I will be watching it tomorrow as well and I have the recap set to be recorded so I could let you know later maybe.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Short is a fridge guy.
Do you think he would be an immediate upgrade over Vickerson? Sounds like he is to me...I bet he's pretty strong considering his production.

I think the Broncos are going to have to trade up to #20-#22 to get their guy, whether it's Minter, Short, Rhodes, Okafor (or whomever).

They should easily be able to do it by packaging a 4th rounder (just like the Patriots did last year). I doubt they have enough draft savvy to pull it off, though.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He is on the South side I think they practice tomorrow or I missed the South practice. I will be watching it tomorrow as well and I have the recap set to be recorded so I could let you know later maybe.
Thanks. Interested to see what his stock does after this week. I don't think he'll be around for the Broncos pick, not that he would be a need anyway.
sgbfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #25
pricejj
jungle

Shoot, with 33 3/4" arms...Short should be top 20. I don't care how old he is. He's played consistently well over his entire college career.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: