The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I've actually wanted to try these but my gym doesn't have any. In fax only a few specialized gyms in NY do. This is some crazy Russian tech.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
And when you saw the shake weight ads what was your first thought? Hmm? I just thought the ad was ripe for parody. But I am sure baja meant well by posting it. As for the other thing about me not posting, I've been busy traveling, packing up to move and being broken hearted over the playoffs. Just was trying to do you all a favor by shutting up and making sammiches like I am supposed to. Speaking of best get back to that.
Good idea. I've heard that spreading the Miracle Whip while standing on a Power Plate makes the process much faster (and more enjoyable)
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
In that case, I would like to echo whatever it is that bcj said.
+1
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #29
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #30
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I've actually wanted to try these but my gym doesn't have any. In fax only a few specialized gyms in NY do. This is some crazy Russian tech.
What exactly do they do? Seems a bit pricy for something that just vibrates...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Best part is you barely hear a peep out of her through the playoffs, then suddenly the door bursts open and in she jumps with "Did I hear someone say Advanced Vibration Technology?"
Yeah, that is how it goes. . . everything becomes sexual somehow. Kinda weird.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #32
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Power Plates are a great fitness and health tool.

I have one made by their main competitor 3G-Cardio called the AVT- 6.0 its equivalent to the Power Plate My 7 but with two AC motors and a bit larger platform which comes in handy.

http://www.3gcardio.com

Here is what it brings to the table.

1. Its the ONLY way found so far to activate instantanously all three major muscle fibers types. Only highly trained athletes or major fitness work out warriors ever activate all three muscle fibers and only by doing a lot of varied exercise types and methods taking a long azz time.

2. It works by using Newton's Second Law to our benefit and creates instant muscle confusion by contracting and releasing each of those muscle fibers at a rate anywhere from 30 times to 50 times a second!

This leads to rapid muscle exhaustion in properly done positions or exercises while on the machine.

3. It dramatically increases blood flow and fine capillary perfusion feeding vital nutrients, hormones, amino acids and neurotransmitters to every cell in the body. As such, it helps both stimulate and improve delivery of these nutrients and anabolic hormones to muscle and other cells throughout the body which is a major advantage of this technology.

4. This blood circulation improvements are a big plus and why it has taken over a big role in injury rehabilitation as well as in successfully treating and healing burn victims and those with Diabetic ulcers and bed sores that have been slow to heal.

I've seen videos of people with chronic ulcerated open sores that would not heal get complete closure within 3 weeks of using the Power Plate technology!

5. Studies have shown it to provide excellent stimulation for new bone growth and strengthening helping to prevent and reverse to a decent degree osteopenia and osteoporosis.

6. It is the best, and one of the only, methods found so far to clinically improve endogenous Growth Hormone release in people over 55 without using injectable recombinant DNA HGH. It also helps improve Testosterone and DHEA as well.

7. Working out on these machines definitely increases balance and coordination, it tones the body, gives you an invigorating feeling for much of the day from increased blood flow after a work out ranging from as short at 15 mintues to 30 mintues max on up to longer workout combining different methods and tools!

8. It was invented by the Russians Space program to find away to keep their Cosmonauts in space as long as possible and was the prime reason they set the record for approx 420 days for decades while the US limit was around 125 to 140 days or so.

Not until the iron curtain came down did the secret get out to the west and was first adopted by Dutch Olympic trainers who went on to form Power Plate Company to further develop and market these machines.

For the last 15 years many studies have been done proving their value and currently they are a mainstay in nearly every NFL workout/training rooms, also Major League Baseball, the NBA, many pro golfers and their trainers and Olympic athletes of many sports have adopted their use.

Many top tier personal trainers and Elite athlete training facilities that most NFL and other sport athletes go to in off season mode and for draftees getting ready for the combine and their first pro season. These Elite training facilities nearly all swear by the Power Plate/3G Cardio technology as a keep to getting their cutting edge results with elite clients.

www.powerplate.com has a wealth of info as does their Power Plate TV site you can access from their home site.

A word of Warning ... do NOT go for the cheaper 'teeter-totter' type of machines advertized as whole body vibration or advanced vibration technology. In which these machine rock mostly up and down and side in a see-saw fashion one side going up with the other side of theplatform goes down. too much of the energy of these type of machines get dissipated at the knees and hips.

No studies have shown that these cheaper and lighter teeter-totter type vibration machine to really work.

ONLY chose amount the top quality machines like the Power Plate which is the biggest company in the field or 3G-Cardio which is a newer competitor out of Phoenix AZ that make outstandign machines for a less cost than an equivalent Power Plate.

What ever machine you get look for one that has heavy plates (at least 200lbs and the heavier the better) and that has adjustable amplitude height from 1mm to 4mm in height and adjustable frequency of vibration from a low of 25hz to a maximum of 50hz that is adjustable in 1Hz increments.

The plates should be free to move in all planes but primarily the motion must be in an up and down motion where the whole plate moves up or down at once and not with teeter-totter style rocking from side to side.

It is the rapid motion against gravity followed by instantly dropping with gravity 30 to 50 times a second that creates the vital muscle confusion and over all body stimulation that you just cant easily get by any other single method and that results in all the benefits noted above.

This is the real deal and is endorsed by the top three personal training certification groups now as well.

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-21-2013 at 11:37 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #33
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Hulamau
Are there any major gyms like 24 hour or whatever that have them? The machines just seem very expensive to own personally. Are these really for the everyday person just wanting to get in shape or are there similarly effective methods that might take longer but could get similar results?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #34
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

If it's good enough for Clint Eastwood and Roberta Flack, it's good enough for me!

http://www.powerplate.com/us/media/testimonials
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #35
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hi Miss I,

Yep a number of them have Power Plates or 3G Cardio 6.0s, you have to call around to find one. Likely the better equipped gyms will be the most likely.

Some charge a little extra to use them but usually they are reasonable fees. In the UK if you are still there also you will find some training gyms and studios that offer them.

For those of you in the Denver area, you can go try out the 3G Cardio 5.0 and 6.0 models and likely the Power Plate line up too at Colorado Home Fitness in Lakewood, Denver and Park Meadows.

Make sure you bend your knees slightly when you first get on them so it doesn't scramble your brains :-). Jsut kidding but it will feel weird and not so comfortable if you straighten and lock your knees with on them at a strong frequency.

You'll quickly get the hang of it and there are hundreds of positions and exercises you can do while on them that get a major boost in effectiveness.

Also women LOVE these machine not only for the much quicker way to get a solid full body workout, but its also one of the few methods to reliably minimize cellulite that really works as well!

My wife is a Skilled Tango dancer and swears by it for improving balance and coordination as well as keeping toned and fit in short workouts every other day while using it for stretching and massage on alternate days.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #36
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hi Miss I,

Yep, a number of them have Power Plates or 3G Cardio 6.0s, you have to call around to find one. Likely the better equipped gyms will be the most likely.

Some charge a little extra to use them but usually they are reasonable fees. In the UK if you are still there also you will find some training gyms and studios that offer them.

For those of you in the Denver area, you can go try out the 3G Cardio 5.0 and 6.0 models and likely the Power Plate line up too at Colorado Home Fitness in Lakewood, Denver and Park Meadows.

Make sure you bend your knees slightly when you first get on them so it doesn't scramble your brains :-). Just kidding, but it will feel weird and not so comfortable if you straighten and lock your knees when on the platform set at a strong frequency.

ALso, it goes without saying never to put your head on the platform or your eyeballs will jump sockets!

You'll quickly get the hang of it and there are hundreds of positions and exercises you can do while on them that get a major boost in effectiveness.

Also women LOVE these machine not only for the much quicker way to get a solid full body workout, but its also one of the few methods to reliably minimize cellulite that really works as well!

My wife is a skilled Tango dancer and swears by it for improving balance and coordination as well as keeping toned and fit in short workouts every other day while using it for stretching and massage on alternate days.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #37
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I hadn't thought about this but are there limitations for who can use them? I have epilepsy for instance which is not going to be triggered by a vibration or hasn't in the past but is this something someone with certain medical conditions could use?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #38
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Miss I,

The main contraindication is for people with artificial joints like knees, Hips, Shoulders etc.

Pwer Plate and 3G Cardio list a disclaimer for Pacemakers as well but there is no problem at all with Pacers and both Medtronics and Boston Scientific .. makers of pacemakers .. said they have tested the machine and found no interference of problem with their pacemakers and these machines.

No mention at all about epilepsy so I'm sure you would be okay. Its not like a jack hammer or anything like that.

You can start on the low setting and slowly increase as your body adapts and you get used to it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #39
19Morton77
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
If it's good enough for Clint Eastwood and Roberta Flack, it's good enough for me!

http://www.powerplate.com/us/media/testimonials
Ok so Eastwood, Flack and Baja use it. How about anyone under 75 years of age own and use one?
19Morton77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #40
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Morton77 View Post
Ok so Eastwood, Flack and Baja use it. How about anyone under 75 years of age own and use one?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #41
DLifer
Just Drafted

I've had an annual pass to the Lakewood (CO) rec centers for a few years and I work out there pretty regularly. I've seen this power plate there but had no idea what the benefits might be. Honestly I never thought to try it because the majority of people there during the times of day I go are seniors and they pretty much just stand there. I'll be there later today, and I'll give it a try! I have chronic lower back problems, maybe it can do something for me.
DLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #42
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I use the one at my gym, it's a different workout. I use it in my core workouts.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #43
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Damn, I love anything that can help me stay in shape as I age and have less time due to kids and such, but 4-7K is a lot of scratch.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #44
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Morton77 View Post
You make it sound like being a dumb ass juvenile is worthy of some kind of badge of honor.

You would be wise to look at the older folks that are healthy and how they manage that.

Several here seem like a sickly bunch. Down for days or weeks with the flu, colds, diabetes, broken bones, chronic back problems, separated shoulders, kidney disease, ETC

I have none of that. You would do well to seek the advise of those older folks that do not get sick.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #45
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Damn, I love anything that can help me stay in shape as I age and have less time due to kids and such, but 4-7K is a lot of scratch.
Go to a home show and ask to buy the demo when the show is over. Should get one for a grand or two depending on the model.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #46
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLifer View Post
I've had an annual pass to the Lakewood (CO) rec centers for a few years and I work out there pretty regularly. I've seen this power plate there but had no idea what the benefits might be. Honestly I never thought to try it because the majority of people there during the times of day I go are seniors and they pretty much just stand there. I'll be there later today, and I'll give it a try! I have chronic lower back problems, maybe it can do something for me.
Take caution if you have back problems get professional advice.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You make it sound like being a dumb ass juvenile is worthy of some kind of badge of honor.

You would be wise to look at the older folks that are healthy and how they manage that.

Several here seem like a sickly bunch. Down for days or weeks with the flu, colds, diabetes, broken bones, chronic back problems, separated shoulders, kidney disease, ETC

I have none of that. You would do well to seek the advise of those older folks that do not get sick.
hey hey hey, you leave me and Cutler alone!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #48
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
Dat Ass?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #49
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Ok Baja, I will bite.

What day of time is best to get my nutrients from the sun and skip eating altogether?

AM I risking my life by living in the USA instead of Good 'Ole Mexico?

Please help me live longer.

BTW, it was a funny joke by him. Keep it light and not take everything so literal and serious.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #50
Meck77
Google Blows

You guys want a real workout try some Bikram Yoga. 90 minutes, 26 postures, 100+ degrees. It's no joke. I heard a couple pro teams are doing it. If the Broncos did we wouldn't have been dragging ass in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game. Our guys could barely get up.

If you like a challenge and want to push yourself to another level give it a try.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote