The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Anyone have PC parts layin around? (Build a PC thread)

I'm building a mid-range computer, if anyone's trying to offload some parts or a case on the cheap I might be interested!

Figure I need something to focus on and waste a few months with, I haven't played D3 yet so that's a start.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

D3 is crazy fun

...for a day.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
D3 is crazy fun

...for a day.
I need a new comp either way, so I'll play through it and mess around.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,093
Default

Parts I have

1. 64 gb GSkilll 12800 ddr 3 ram (x79 Chipset) New
2. HT Omega ECLARO Soundcard new
3. AFT 57u Card reader new
4. EVGA GTX 690 New

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 01-21-2013 at 01:05 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
D3 is crazy fun

...for a day.
Yeah, biggest waste of $$$
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Parts I have

1. 64 gb GSkilll 12800 ddr 3 ram (x79 Chipset) New
2. HT Omega ECLARO Soundcard new
3. AFT 57u Card reader new
4. EVGA GTX 690 New
Why do you have a 690 just laying around? I'm in no way interested in purchasing a gfx card that spendy btw. Probably something like a 650 ti will be fine.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I'm hoping to upgrade my machine to play planetside 2. I used to live on that game and my interactions there are what prefaced my familiarity with message board culture.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm hoping to upgrade my machine to play planetside 2. I used to live on that game and my interactions there are what prefaced my familiarity with message board culture.
This explains everything.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Why do you have a 690 just laying around? I'm in no way interested in purchasing a gfx card that spendy btw. Probably something like a 650 ti will be fine.
I haven't put it in my other machine yet? I knew you wouldn't want that card just listed it for fun.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,799

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

This is my current rig. I don't like to brag, but it screams.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,657

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

I think I have 2 Pentium 4 MBs laying around with memory for them, probably both a 3.5 and 5.25 floppy drives, at least 2 zip drives, a few less than 10GB HDDs, and a sound card or two. I might still have my Beta test copy of Win 95 too. I really should clean it all out, but I hang on to stuff like that, you know, just in case.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I need a new comp either way, so I'll play through it and mess around.
I have so much time in that game that I'm ashamed to even admit to a number. One day I did a "Why the F am I playing this?" and haven't been back since. The concept is great and I'm sad I missed D2 but I'd recommend you NOT build the PC if it'll just lead you to playing that.

Just build a decent PC then reinstall Age of Empires 2 or Red Alert 2 and be amazed at how well you run them. They'll leave you entertained.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I have so much time in that game that I'm ashamed to even admit to a number. One day I did a "Why the F am I playing this?" and haven't been back since. The concept is great and I'm sad I missed D2 but I'd recommend you NOT build the PC if it'll just lead you to playing that.

Just build a decent PC then reinstall Age of Empires 2 or Red Alert 2 and be amazed at how well you run them. They'll leave you entertained.
I -need- a computer either way. I'm on a 7 year old laptop that barely works. I only use it at home so I may as well get a better one. I also plan on snagging Colonial Marines. Like I said, it's a start.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I -need- a computer either way. I'm on a 7 year old laptop that barely works. I only use it at home so I may as well get a better one. I also plan on snagging Colonial Marines. Like I said, it's a start.
Yeah, I was just being a dick and further derailing your thread.

As to what pertains to your thread, I think prices have dropped so far that it's worth it to just do a bit of research and get a generation or two old hardware and throw it together. Nothing is too expensive these days so you'll get good value for your money as long as you're not buying newest generation stuff. You don't really have to hunt very hard to get solid deals.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Denver Broncos