The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default The Postseason still comes down to defense

Both Winners of yesterdays games shut out the home team in the second half. Yes, that is right, the visiting teams shut out the HOME teams in the second half yesterday.

I was very happy with what happened defensively this year, but absolutely not happy with the defensive performance in the playoff game. I have rewatched the game several times and the defense played almost as bad as the infamous 2006 AFCCG implosion after playing fantastic for most of the year.

This concerns me, because our personnel was beaten 1 on 1 way too often against BAL. The Scheme, halftime adjustments, and playcalling were great all year but were terrible in the playoff game. I really believe this is why Ron Milus was let go, but lets hope the new guy gets the message.

I really want to see a better gameplan and adjustments on Defense in the playoffs next year. DEN got abused against an AVERAGE BAL offense. They gave up 5 explosive plays in that game when they gave up only 5 the second half of the season. They were situationally poorly prepared and executed like a team that was wildly inconsistent, not a top 5 defense.

I like DEN's chances next year, I really do. However, that kind of coaching performance can not be repeated.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links