The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default Pro Bowl FA's

With our staff coaching the game its never too early to start recruiting for the upcoming season. Wes Welker, LaRon Landry, and Henry Melton are big FA's at positions of need. Any others I missed?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Steven Jackson?

Last edited by Rulon Velvet Jones; 01-21-2013 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: Football Jackson. Not basketball.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I like all of those players.

although, anyone starting to get the feeling that Welker has his worst games in the post seasons? He suddenly gets a case of nervous fingers.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post

although, anyone starting to get the feeling that Welker has his worst games in the post seasons? He suddenly gets a case of nervous fingers.

Forget the old, Welker, and go younger, and just as good.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I have to agree. Similar player...but less heralded at this point. Doesn't have the Patriot stank on him.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have to agree. Similar player...but less heralded at this point. Doesn't have the Patriot stank on him.
Forget about the Moore DEN currently has, and upgrade to a better Moore.
William Moore.

And Adams can play FS.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I dont think slot wr really a big need. RB way more of a need. Hillman will be a nice player I think but not enough to stop the flood gates on new runners. Not with Moreno always letting us down with an injury, Ball avg and Mcgahee old.

Also this draft has a ton of interior oline talent and dline talent from what i have read. I would target whichever Alabama lineman falls to us, if one does. Those guys are ready to play in the NFL watching them dismantle ND. The center Warmack goes higher in mocks but a lot of times centers will drop. Not because they aren't studs just because teams will be stupid and take positions they see as more important.

Jonanthon cooper is another interesting player. My friend is a huge NC fan. He goes to almost every game since he moved out there. He tells me this kid can play all 3 spots inside on the oline and dominated all the players he faced. No granted those might not be NFL players but he is a first rounder in most mock drafts so he probably is talented.

A guy like him could be of real value with our questions inside on the oline. No one really thought they blocked well in short yardage running situations did you? Then when Kuper went down the pass protection got worst also. I just think we can't afford to count on Koppen/Beadles/Walton. Kuper a good player but after him the depth just plummets.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Amazing because of one bad play people want to jettisone Moore. He still has that 3rd yr coming where players usually make their last few strides to what they will be. I don't see Elway being that quick to judge and move on. If they moved at safety it would be to replace adams because Carter cant play anymore.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Amazing because of one bad play people want to jettisone Moore. He still has that 3rd yr coming where players usually make their last few strides to what they will be. I don't see Elway being that quick to judge and move on. If they moved at safety it would be to replace adams because Carter cant play anymore.
one bad play
His play last Saturday was the equivalent of a surgeon killing a patient.......but it's only 1 patient right
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

and I like the Danny Amendola thought......
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Our staff is coaching it?

It used to be the losers of the AFCCG?

Must've changed that when they threw the pro bowl in before the SB?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
Bmore Manning

Moore is not a playmaker..

Focusing on his play during the regular season, while he did improve tackling, he sure missed some key tackles and routinely takes bad angles. He's not an impact player. If you want to take the next step, we need impact players. He's no ballhawk, so why do you want him as the starter roaming the back half of our secondary..?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Amendola has had some injury issues the last 2 seasons. Is it a case of bad luck or a regular occurence for him? Also as nice as either Welker or Amendola would be their acquisitions would go against Elway's way of using free agency, and with so many of our own coming due for new deals in the next couple seasons it is doubtful we pay a guy like Amendola or Welker a big money long term deal which they no doubt would want and expect.

As nice as one of these guys or a guy like Melton would be they are going to command more than Denver wants to pay.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Moore is not a playmaker..

Focusing on his play during the regular season, while he did improve tackling, he sure missed some key tackles and routinely takes bad angles. He's not an impact player. If you want to take the next step, we need impact players. He's no ballhawk, so why do you want him as the starter roaming the back half of our secondary..?
He improved a lot over his rookie year. Most players at that position take a little grooming and time. They aren't all Ed Reed from the start. He has ability and is getting better. It would be foolish to dump young talent for one mistake
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #15
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Our staff is coaching it?

It used to be the losers of the AFCCG?

Must've changed that when they threw the pro bowl in before the SB?
The highest seed in both conferences that lose in the divisional round.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
He improved a lot over his rookie year. Most players at that position take a little grooming and time. They aren't all Ed Reed from the start. He has ability and is getting better. It would be foolish to dump young talent for one mistake
I don't remember saying dumping Moore, rather upgrading talent. Moore will not ever be an Ed Reed type safety. I acknowledged he improved over his rookie year, so does that mean you can't do better?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I was shocked at how much better Moore looked this season as opposed to last year. His rookie year it seemed like he wasn't a willing tackler and this year he was actually pretty reliable in that area.

That play against the Ravens was a fluke. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't happen, unfortunately it did.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Between him and Manning it would be a vortex of postseason suck.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #19
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
one bad play
His play last Saturday was the equivalent of a surgeon killing a patient.......but it's only 1 patient right
Killing by pooping in an open chest cavity before closing with bubble gum and super glue. He didn't just fail. He monumentally failed.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
I was shocked at how much better Moore looked this season as opposed to last year. His rookie year it seemed like he wasn't a willing tackler and this year he was actually pretty reliable in that area.

That play against the Ravens was a fluke. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't happen, unfortunately it did.
I am sick of hearing 9 times out of 10 Moore would not have done it. He did the EXACT same thing earlier in the season! Plus, he has absolutely terrible deep technique and even worse he committed huge mental errors on those plays.

That does NOT say he would do it better 9 times out of ten, its says he was not able to translate his talent to deep balls more than once during the season. Fool me once, ok. Fool me three times, you do not get to use that excuse. EVER.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #21
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I am sick of hearing 9 times out of 10 Moore would not have done it. He did the EXACT same thing earlier in the season! Plus, he has absolutely terrible deep technique and even worse he committed huge mental errors on those plays.

That does NOT say he would do it better 9 times out of ten, its says he was not able to translate his talent to deep balls more than once during the season. Fool me once, ok. Fool me three times, you do not get to use that excuse. EVER.
That is a pretty routine play that pee wee players can make. He misjudged where the ball was, that is all. It was a fluke.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
Bmore Manning

Quote:
That is a pretty routine play that pee wee players can make. He misjudged where the ball was, that is all. It was a fluke.
He misjudges every ball! What about his game says that's an impact ball hawking FS you have to account for? He's a liability in coverage ALL season.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
No, that was not a routine play he simply misjudged. He made all kinds of errors on that play. The biggest was situational, but the technique was terrible as well.

He played it wrong from the snap, failed to keep deeper than the deepest, failed to flip his hips and run when he allowed the WR behind him, and then failed to make a tackle instead of of trying to break up the pass. He did not recover from the first 2 mistakes correctly and he did the exact same thing earlier in the season.

You have to trust your read, which he failed. And then, you have to trust your technique to clean up your mess, which he failed even more dramatically.

There is messing up, and then there is messing up epically. He did the second.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #24
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Moore will not ever be an Ed Reed type safety.
That's an absurd measuring stick. There have been one or two Ed Reed safeties in the history of the NFL, and there certainly aren't any Ed Reeds available in FA.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
socalorado
Ring of Famer

I just think that Adams at FS is just fine, and William Moore is a bigger , better, physical presence, that can make plays in coverage, and especially in the run game.
Thats all. And ATL doesnt have alot of $$ to spend. They might have to let Moore walk. Just sayin. Dashon Goldson is also a UFA.