The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #151
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Ugh...same ole Avs. As I watch former Avs players lighting up score sheets across the league. Wtf does the Avs organization see in Sucko Its clearly the coaching yet they signed him to an extension...if we some how make the playoffs i'll be shocked!

Chris Stewart 2 goals
Shattenkirk 2 assists
Fleischmann 1 assist
Mueller 1 assist
Wolski 1 goal 1 assist
Winnik 2 goals
Anderson 1 ga 96.4 save%
Flash was a health issue. he couldn't stay in Colorado, it was threatening his life.
Stewart is lazy as **** and while i hated losing Shattenkirk the value we got on that trade was insane.
Mueller should still be an Av.
Wolski is never consistent so he's a non starter.
Winnik wanted way more money than he's worth and the traded netted us McGinn and prospects.
Anderson caught a yeast infection about his contract and quit on the team.
i'll take Varly over him any day.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #152
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Flash was a health issue. he couldn't stay in Colorado, it was threatening his life.
Stewart is lazy as **** and while i hated losing Shattenkirk the value we got on that trade was insane.
Mueller should still be an Av.
Wolski is never consistent so he's a non starter.
Winnik wanted way more money than he's worth and the traded netted us McGinn and prospects.
Anderson caught a yeast infection about his contract and quit on the team.
i'll take Varly over him any day.
Wolski for Mueller in hind sight was a bad trade. I thought Wolski was playing his best hockey when we traded him. Now we don't have either one. I like Johnson he came on strong the last half of last year. I liked Winnik but like McGinn more. Avs keep being cheap asses and they'll end up losing O'Rielly. I was pointing former Avs players playing well after leaving...saying Sacco is not getting the best out of the players. It's frustrating...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #153
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Jesus, I'm still drunk from last night's game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #154
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Marty and the Devils' D were in mid-season form last night.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #155
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

I have watched 4 games and a few highlights so far and I am not really impressed with any team.

Maybe it's just the long lay off and a lot of these guys not being in game shape, etc.

But damn every team thus far looks average to below average with MANY mistakes/breakdowns.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #156
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

2nd game in a row down in the first 10 minutes of the game, kinda glad im watching the game from the comfort of my basement and not at the rink
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #157
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
2nd game in a row down in the first 10 minutes of the game, kinda glad im watching the game from the comfort of my basement and not at the rink
Yep. New year, same team. G looks good but definitely missing Briere on PP. Need to be putting more pressure on PK.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #158
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

My NHL thoughts:

WC:

Locks to make playoffs: St Louis, Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose, Los Angeles
Bubble teams: Detroit, Calgary, Anaheim, Minnesota
Not making it: Edmonton, Columbus, Nashville, Dallas, Phoenix, Colorado

EC:

Locks: Rangers, Philadelphia, Boston, Pittsburgh, New Jersey
Bubble teams: Washington, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, Carolina
Not making it: Toronto, Montreal, Islanders, Buffalo, Florida, Winnipeg

I think we will look back at this season and consider it a footnote in the history books, no significant records, no great play and poor playoffs. I think for a lot of teams it would be advantageous to not make the playoffs or lose quickly in round 1, the playoffs this year will go very long and they will want to begin next years season early to make room for the Olympic break, so teams going deep in the playoffs will have almost no summer and very little time to heal and rest.

My prediction is that at least one of the teams in the Stanley cup final this season will miss next seasons playoffs entirely and none of the teams in this years cup final will make it out of round 2 in next seasons playoffs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #159
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
My NHL thoughts:

WC:

EC:

I think we will look back at this season and consider it a footnote in the history books, no significant records, no great play and poor playoffs. I think for a lot of teams it would be advantageous to not make the playoffs or lose quickly in round 1, the playoffs this year will go very long and they will want to begin next years season early to make room for the Olympic break, so teams going deep in the playoffs will have almost no summer and very little time to heal and rest.

My prediction is that at least one of the teams in the Stanley cup final this season will miss next seasons playoffs entirely and none of the teams in this years cup final will make it out of round 2 in next seasons playoffs.
Only thing I don't agree with here is in the EC. NJ Devils lost a lot and I think they miss.

I also am really skeptical of philly. The thing is, even if they aren't as good as years past, not many teams improved enough to knock them out of the top 8.

For sure: Rangers, Bruins, Pens

The other 5 will be any combination of Sens, Lightning, Canes, Caps, Sabres, Panthers, Devils, flyers

I see Isles, Jets, Canadiens and Leafs as having no chance at all.

i really have no clue which of those 5. I am not high on panthers, flyers, caps or devils this year.

I think sabres get back in this year so they probably replace devils from last year's top 8 and then it's a matter of who of panthers, flyers, and caps drops out. I don't believe sens will drop out.

So 4 potential new spots up for grabs IMO
Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #160
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
My NHL thoughts:

WC:

EC:

Pretty bold considering how bad Vancouver played. I'd put Minnesota in before Vancouver and San Jose.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #161
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Pretty bold considering how bad Vancouver played. I'd put Minnesota in before Vancouver and San Jose.
Vancouver will need a couple of weeks to get going, most of their top guys didn't play during the lockout, but they have too much talent up and down the roster. Minnesota is a really dangerous team, I don't like them, their top players have never played together, they have very little good leadership, every player on the team aside from Koivu is a follower, not a leader. They also travel a LOT, I think they have the most travel miles of any team this season which is never good, too many west coast swings.

The Devils will do what they have done for 20 years, ride Martin Brodeur to the playoffs, with a short season he will hold up better than usual and I fully expect that to be good enough, it almost always is.

Flyers are an easy team to put in, they can score with any team in the league, they don't travel very far given their location and they have a pretty solid home ice advantage.

I don't like the Caps much, but I do think they are the best of the southleast division at least until Tampa Bay or Carolina proves otherwise. Florida is a team I don't like at all, I am guessing they will win some early but then fade away as the going gets tough.

I have Toronto, Columbus and Montreal as my bottom 3 in the league.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #162
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i want Sacco gone badly. he's a terrible coach and bull****s with the lineup and putting people in the dog house too much.
i think bringing Quinn up to the bench helps develop the players more and end up getting more out of them.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #163
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i want Sacco gone badly. he's a terrible coach and bull****s with the lineup and putting people in the dog house too much.
i think bringing Quinn up to the bench helps develop the players more and end up getting more out of them.
I thought for sure he was as good as gone after last year. Then they gave him an extension. I guess the FO is cool with watching dump and chance uninspired hockey.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #164
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Pens playing very well so far outside of stupid penalties. Sid looks very active tonight. Despres and Martin are struggling.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-20-2013 at 06:00 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #165
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Sacco is akin to McDaniels for me. we'll never get to the next level until he's gone.
but for some damn reason to team loves him.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #166
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

So just days before the lockout, the wild spend almost 200mil on 2 players, then cry broke, now just days after the lockout, zajac and lupul both get contracts over 5 mil per year, good god, 8 years until the next lockout. Dont get me wrong, they are both nice players, and maybe with a 70 mil cap they may almost be worth 5 mil.

I had an arguement with scott hartnell ( or the person that reps him on facebook) about why a 60 point player should not get 4.5 mil a year, well thanks to these 2 signings i just lost argument, i mean lupuls got 60 points once, zajac has done it twice and they get a mil more than an overpaid hartnell.

That being said, the good news is the flyers have yet to give up a 5 on 5 goal, the bad news is they have given up 5 power play, 2 empty net, and 1 4 on 4 goals.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #167
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So just days before the lockout, the wild spend almost 200mil on 2 players, then cry broke, now just days after the lockout, zajac and lupul both get contracts over 5 mil per year, good god, 8 years until the next lockout. Dont get me wrong, they are both nice players, and maybe with a 70 mil cap they may almost be worth 5 mil.

I had an arguement with scott hartnell ( or the person that reps him on facebook) about why a 60 point player should not get 4.5 mil a year, well thanks to these 2 signings i just lost argument, i mean lupuls got 60 points once, zajac has done it twice and they get a mil more than an overpaid hartnell.

That being said, the good news is the flyers have yet to give up a 5 on 5 goal, the bad news is they have given up 5 power play, 2 empty net, and 1 4 on 4 goals.
Exactly on the wild crying poor and then spending all the $$$; they need to stfu.

Also when someone like lupul gets 5 yrs at 5.25M per you expect fans not to be upset about the lockout.

It's complete bull ****, they keep spending but the cry every 5 years. **** off
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #168
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hank gets pulled....haha.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #169
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wow...this is beautiful puck possession in the offensive zone.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #170
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Kneel before your masters, Finkle.

Kneel.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #171
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i said it during every sports lockout. owners are the cause of crazy salaries and deals.
they make the issues and then cry for cost certainty and then when they get it, they give out the exact same contracts that got them into the mess to begin with.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #172
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

The owners always bargain from a position of strength when they do the CBA, but when it comes to bargaining with individual players the owners lose every time. 5+ million for Lupul and Zajac is outrageous, contracts like the Wade Redden, Jeff Finger, Mike Cammalleri, Jiri Hudler, Dennis Wideman are just bad jokes.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #173
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Kneel before your masters, Finkle.

Kneel.
you must be confusing me with the cork slurping Cyndei.....Finkle don't kneel.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #174
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
you must be confusing me with the cork slurping Cyndei.....Finkle don't kneel.
5-2....you're already kneeling.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #175
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

I am about 99.9% sure that I am going to watch a Hockey game this year!
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote