The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,134

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

the feeling of incompleteness is palpable. that could be the final fire needed to get us to the top.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

They're all the same to me, 96, 06 (05?) and this one ... none is worse than another, a cloud of gray for weeks. 1984 too, same thing. 13-3 in John's second season, but lost at Mile High to 8-8 Steelers in Round One. Abercrombie and Pollard, Abercrombie and Pollard, Abercrombie and Pollard, Abercrombie and Pollard ....

There was a Labor Union building of some kind in the west parking lot of Mile High, with a triangular geometric logo on it. I was parked right in front of that logo, and I think I sat there staring at it silently for two, maybe three hours, barely moved.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #28
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,895
Default

...is it sad that I miss Jashon Sykes?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #29
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Ouch.

Somewhere in Boulder, Plummer is snickering.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

This was by far the most frustrating Broncos playoff loss. Why? Here's why:


* You have Peyton Manning as your QB, who's having an MVP type year

* A punt return for a TD and a kick return for a TD - 14 points from ST's

* #1 seed - homefield throughout the playoffs

* #2 ranked defense


....and honestly, if these 2 teams played 10 games in a row, the Broncos win 9 of those games. It had to be the perfect storm for the Ravens to win. The Ravens needed so many things to go their way to win (the calls, the weather, the Broncos mistakes they don't make 95% of the time).

Last edited by ZONA; 01-20-2013 at 12:57 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #31
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,537
Default

Everyone gets a participation ribbon, I love them all, they played their best! Hugs!
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
This was by far the most frustrating Broncos playoff loss. Why? Here's why:


* You have Peyton Manning as your QB, who's having an MVP type year

* A punt return for a TD and a kick return for a TD - 14 points from ST's

* #1 seed - homefield throughout the playoffs

* #2 ranked defense


....and honestly, if these 2 teams played 10 games in a row, the Broncos win 9 of those games. It had to be the perfect storm for the Ravens to win. The Ravens needed so many things to go their way to win (the calls, the weather, the Broncos mistakes they don't make 95% of the time).
I don't understand this view. Peyton had everything go perfect for him and he still tanked. He had 2 touchdowns gifted 2 him and he still lost in horrific fashion. It's strange to me that people haven't pointed out how bad Peyton was.

And he isn't getting any younger. I think the playoffs shows the real Peyton. It shows how much he has aged. The regular season is fool's gold. This was where Elway really blew it because he's viewing it like his era. It isn't his era. There's no place for older Qbs in the league right now unless you are Brady and have Belichick on your side... even then I think Brady's days are numbered. If Brady comes up short again you think he is going to want to risk tarnishing his legacy even more?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #33
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
This was by far the most frustrating Broncos playoff loss. Why? Here's why:


* You have Peyton Manning as your QB, who's having an MVP type year

* A punt return for a TD and a kick return for a TD - 14 points from ST's

* #1 seed - homefield throughout the playoffs

* #2 ranked defense


....and honestly, if these 2 teams played 10 games in a row, the Broncos win 9 of those games. It had to be the perfect storm for the Ravens to win. The Ravens needed so many things to go their way to win (the calls, the weather, the Broncos mistakes they don't make 95% of the time).
Probably this more than anything annoys the **** out of me. Aside from the obvious fact that both teams played in the same conditions, it's the first time I can remember that the weather favored the road team. Shouldn't the elements favor the home team? These guys live, practice, and play in Denver, how can they not be prepared for cold weather?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #34
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Probably this more than anything annoys the **** out of me. Aside from the obvious fact that both teams played in the same conditions, it's the first time I can remember that the weather favored the road team. Shouldn't the elements favor the home team? These guys live, practice, and play in Denver, how can they not be prepared for cold weather?
Because at no time in the last month has the temperature dropped to 10 degrees. Even the week of the game on Wednesday the temp was 50 degrees

I bet if look back at December the temp never dipped below 40 during the day.

I guess you could practice at midnight outdoors even then the temp never dipped below 25
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #35
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Because at no time in the last month has the temperature dropped to 10 degrees. Even the week of the game on Wednesday the temp was 50 degrees

I bet if look back at December the temp never dipped below 40 during the day.

I guess you could practice at midnight outdoors even then the temp never dipped below 25
Fine, but you can say the same thing if had snowed that day. Neither team had a chance to practice or play in it all season, but I get the feeling that would have favored Baltimore as well. Has it really come down to hoping for warm weather in Denver in January for us to play well?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #36
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I don't understand this view. Peyton had everything go perfect for him and he still tanked. He had 2 touchdowns gifted 2 him and he still lost in horrific fashion. It's strange to me that people haven't pointed out how bad Peyton was.

And he isn't getting any younger. I think the playoffs shows the real Peyton. It shows how much he has aged. The regular season is fool's gold. This was where Elway really blew it because he's viewing it like his era. It isn't his era. There's no place for older Qbs in the league right now unless you are Brady and have Belichick on your side... even then I think Brady's days are numbered. If Brady comes up short again you think he is going to want to risk tarnishing his legacy even more?

Manning did not LOSE this game in "horrific fashion". He had the game sewed up and won doing more then enough in the coldest weather ever in a Denver play off game. He also didnt have our 2nd string starting RB in the second half and still we had a 7 point lead with 1:09 left in the game.

The Bronco secondary and specifically Carter to some degree and Rahim the 'Nightmare' Dream as the major goat of the game joined side by side with Coach Fox with his two very poor shrinking violet backpedaling decisions in the last 3 minutes of the game that set the stage for and allowed Rahim his 15 seconds of infamy to begin with are what lost this game!

Take away any one of this unlikely scenarios and Peyton is suiting up today for the AFC Championship.

And that is not even taking into account the one-sided hatchet job on us by the Refs in one of the very worse and most unbalanced examples of playoff officiating in the history of the NFL ....

So your target on Manning's back is misguided and obviously self serving.

We all know your lips are glued to Tebow's Oscar Meyer but get a grip man! Oh yeah, I forgot this an Alien conspiracy fruitcake level assessment. Sorry .. never mind and carry on with your Sci Fi story.

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-20-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #37
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Even though McGahee played he and Moreno were injured at the end of last season too.. McGahee fumbled preventing the Broncos from winning in regulation and Tebow still pulled it out in OT.. and this was against a team just as good if not better than the Ravens.

Peyton had 2 TDs gifted to him and gave up 3 turnovers - one of them a pick 6. He dinked and dunked all game, too. He shouldn't even have been in that game.. he was atrocious and physically he looked like a joke. The whole NFL is going hyper athletic and Peyton is as unathletic as you can imagine. If you had Beli with his genius offense around Peyton that might be different. But teams know Peyton's offense like the back of their hand when they put in the time to prepare for him in the post season.

You can say I am saying this because I am a Tebow fan but you forget there is a REASON I am a Tebow fan.. it's because he gives his team such an advantage with both his passing AND running... Peyton just illustrates why Tebow's abilities are so valuable in the NFL today. In an era when athleticism is at an all time high in value in the NFL at the QB position the Broncos gave up arguably the biggest athletic freak in NFL history for one of the most athletically challenged. The results just illustrate that.

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-20-2013 at 10:25 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #38
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Even though McGahee played he and Moreno were injured at the end of last season too.. McGahee fumbled preventing the Broncos from winning in regulation and Tebow still pulled it out in OT.. and this was against a team just as good if not better than the Ravens.

Peyton had 2 TDs gifted to him and gave up 3 turnovers - one of them a pick 6. He dinked and dunked all game, too. He shouldn't even have been in that game.. he was atrocious and physically he looked like a joke. The whole NFL is going hyper athletic and Peyton is as unathletic as you can imagine. If you had Beli with his genius offense around Peyton that might be different. But teams know Peyton's offense like the back of their hand when they put in the time to prepare for him in the post season.

You can say I am saying this because I am a Tebow fan but you forget there is a REASON I am a Tebow fan.. it's because he gives his team such an advantage with both his passing AND running... Peyton just illustrates why Tebow's abilities are so valuable in the NFL today. In an era when athleticism is at an all time high in value in the NFL at the QB position the Broncos gave up arguably the biggest athletic freak in NFL history for one of the most athletically challenged. The results just illustrate that.
Tebow sucks a-holes.........shut your mouth
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
Tebow sucks a-holes.........shut your mouth
Tebow outplayed Peyton versus comparable competition while the Broncos brass were coddling Peyton and throwing Tebow under the bus...

Someone sucks but it aint Tebow. Someone was great last season and it wasn't the Broncos team..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #40
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Tebow outplayed Peyton versus comparable competition while the Broncos brass were coddling Peyton and throwing Tebow under the bus...

Someone sucks but it aint Tebow. Someone was great last season and it wasn't the Broncos team..
McElroy?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #41
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

I know Manning doesn't play well in playoffs..But, to say that Tebow played better than Manning last year is a crime..They should be banned from talking football again.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #42
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
McElroy?
Remember when someone in the Broncos org said Tebow was the worst Qb in camp... we saw Quinn last season. That shows you how smart NFL people are...

And yet people still value NFL practices....
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #43
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I know Manning doesn't play well in playoffs..But, to say that Tebow played better than Manning last year is a crime..They should be banned from talking football again.
I am talking about their playoff games. Tebow was not allowed to run the no huddle Peyton ran most the season because the Broncos D was so bad in his season. he didn't have Del Rio and Peyton did.

Whenever Fox let Tebow and the offense loose the D completely collapsed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #44
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Here's why I think 1984 was the most painful of the four:

John Elway in his 2nd year really took charge of the team (after some weird rookie experiences). Lotsa you guys are too young to recall, but a 23-year old John Elway on the Broncos, universal #1 pick, that was a "morning in america" moment. The team's future was so bright, never brighter. Went 13-3 with relative ease. 9-7 Steelers came into Mile High, nobody gave it a second thought ... a lot like the 96 Jags in that respect.

Here's the kicker: Opponent for the AFC Ch-ship game the next week? All set to have been the 14-2 Miami Dolphins, and their stats-happy 2nd year QB Dan Marino. Yup, the Orange Crush was already packed for the Orange Bowl when this one happened.

The Elway-Marino matchup was more anticipated than Manning-Peyton, it really was. Plus John had real problems dealing with Marino's stats explosion, it bothered him more than anything. It was the genesis of the Elway vs. Reeves feud really, in that John (and 1st yr QB coach Mike) started thinking Reeves was too conservative (wasn't true, Broncos threw the ball as much or more often than any team).
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Denver Broncos