The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
It doesn't matter..This league is fixed.
It is either done by NFL or ref's..
the league isn't fixed...if it were then this parity they seek would have allowed the Browns to have won a SB by now....

No, I think the truth is that the union refs are just more expensive versions of the replacement refs.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
MacGruder

If there was anything working against Peyton it was all the hype around him... the same thing happened with Tebow last season. It seemed that the NFL or refs were afraid of looking biased towards Tebow last season and possibly Peyton this season.

Could you imagine if Peyton just waltzed his way to a championship after all the hype he got this season? Then the credibility of the NFL would be completely gone.

BUT... there is something HUGE to show that the NFL is not against Peyton... it's the way he is protected by the line. The refs let the Broncos Oline get away with murder all season protecting Peyton. Even in the playoff game he hardly got touched. Part of that is due to him dinking and dunking so much though.

Maybe what they let the line get away with in protecting him is why they are hard on him in other ways or not biased towards him there. They feel they are already gifting him enough.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
If there was anything working against Peyton it was all the hype around him... the same thing happened with Tebow last season. It seemed that the NFL or refs were afraid of looking biased towards Tebow last season and possibly Peyton this season.

Could you imagine if Peyton just waltzed his way to a championship after all the hype he got this season? Then the credibility of the NFL would be completely gone.

BUT... there is something HUGE to show that the NFL is not against Peyton... it's the way he is protected by the line. The refs let the Broncos Oline get away with murder all season protecting Peyton. Even in the playoff game he hardly got touched. Part of that is due to him dinking and dunking so much though.

Maybe what they let the line get away with in protecting him is why they are hard on him in other ways or not biased towards him there. They feel they are already gifting him enough.
Do you rant nonsense on street corners too?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #29
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

You will be the first member in this forum i am planning to ignore..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #30
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #31
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Do you rant nonsense on street corners too?
Yeah.. nonsense like when I said Peyton would accomplish no more than Tebow and it would ruin his legacy and how this team stunk... then I was proven right. Or like when I said Tebow would be successful in the NFL if given a chance and even without being given a real chance he was successful.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #32
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Yeah.. nonsense like when I said Peyton would accomplish no more than Tebow and it would ruin his legacy and how this team stunk... then I was proven right. Or like when I said Tebow would be successful in the NFL if given a chance and even without being given a real chance he was successful.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #33
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
The more I remember Pro Wrestling.

Is anyone REALLY surprised that that game was edged in Baltimore's favor? Or that Manning coming off an injury was scheduled to play all of his big matchups at the beginning of the Season (in case he got hurt possibly?) or other intricacies that seem to unfold, almost like they're scripted?

Of course the whole thing isn't (no way everyone could be in on it, and not discounting the work these guys do), but really you only need a holding call here or there to change the ENTIRE NFL SEASON, for example, the fake one on the dive play.

The more I watch, the more I see the "storylines" and the more I compare how games go and pivotal officiating calls to Vegas' lines. I just can't help but wonder.
Broncos are one of the largest market teams in the country, Peyton playing for the broncos against New England would be the juiciest story line ever, to have Peyton return from injury to play vs. Tom Brady in Denver, there's no storyline better, not even Ray Lewis' retirement tour.

So no. You're ****ing wrong, idiot.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #34
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Broncos are one of the largest market teams in the country, Peyton playing for the broncos against New England would be the juiciest story line ever, to have Peyton return from injury to play vs. Tom Brady in Denver, there's no storyline better, not even Ray Lewis' retirement tour.

So no. You're ****ing wrong, idiot.
Just for you..Posted by Denverbound..

----------
That's not to say that the refs aren't affiliated in some way with the sports books or Vegas. It doesn't necessarily have to be the league pulling the strings. I'm sure through history this would not be unheard of in professional sports. I bet (no pun intended) the league did want a Brady vs Manning AFCC game. Doesn't mean the refs couldn't be influenced by other outside sources.

#tinfoilhatz
----------
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
You will be the first member in this forum i am planning to ignore..
HAHAHA No_Broncos is ignoring MacGruder. Does anyone else find this funny?!?!?!!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

now explain Tom Brady.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #37
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Is anyone REALLY surprised that that game was edged in Baltimore's favor? Or that Manning coming off an injury was scheduled to play all of his big matchups at the beginning of the Season (in case he got hurt possibly?) or other intricacies that seem to unfold, almost like they're scripted?

Of course the whole thing isn't (no way everyone could be in on it, and not discounting the work these guys do), but really you only need a holding call here or there to change the ENTIRE NFL SEASON, for example, the fake one on the dive play.

The more I watch, the more I see the "storylines" and the more I compare how games go and pivotal officiating calls to Vegas' lines. I just can't help but wonder.
Didn't we know our schedule before Manning?
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #38
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
now explain Tom Brady.
Brady has a genius coach protecting him with a genius offense designed to protect him.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #39
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

The Iron Sheik was not really Iraqian?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #40
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Nope.

I don't think the NFL has integrity issues but the style of play is meh compared to what it used to be that is for sure.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #41
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Unless its some donaghy-esque situation, I'm gonna chalk it up to **** luck.

Why would the NFL be hellbent on a Ravens/NE matchup?
...to get the Patriots at home for the AFC Championship game
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #42
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
...to get the Patriots at home for the AFC Championship game
THIS! Also to re-play the Balt NE AFCCG from last year, which had some
problematic calls also.

Does anyone else think it is a little funny that NE-Balt is the late game
today, while SF has to travel from the west coast and play the EARLY game at Atlanta? Who made that decision? It is well known that traveling east and playing early games puts west coast teams at somewhat of a disadvantage. Yet the two east coast teams in the AFC get the late game , while Atlanta
( also east coast) gets a west coast team early.

While I don't think the games are truly fixed, I am leaning more and more in the direction that the league has preferences as to who they would like to see in the super bowl and is not above giving certain teams preferential treatment as far as scheduling.

I will be watching these games closely to see if the Officating crews are even handed or not.

I suspect that Atlanta and Baltimore might get more favorable calls.

Last edited by ScottXray; 01-20-2013 at 07:48 AM..
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #43
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

It's a fixed league influenced by bookies.
Last week's game, SEA-PIT SB to name a few..
Also, i think SD-Baltimore game this year was fixed.
I bet in few years someone will definitely come out and talk about this.

Now..we have 2 East coast teams with NE getting home field advantage.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #44
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:

Such a large number of the calls were on key 3rd downs as well. The phantom hold on the Hester 1st down run on 3rd and 1 raelly illustrates it considering the flag is thrown by a ref well after Hester was down with an obvious 1st that extended the drive--by a ref who was completely out of the play.

The 3rd down flags came whether the Broncos were on O or D. The NFL is going the way to the nba, which is a stone's throw away from pro wrestling. Still so pissed and it's a full week later.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #45
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

This could be true.

Think about it: The NFC has budding QB stars coming up: Rodgers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Ryan.

But all the AFC has is Brady and Manning who will be done VERY soon. And an up and coming Luck and a constantly injured and also old Roethlisberger.

Flacco gets to the superbowl and maybe wins it, the AFC has a new star QB for the future.

Edit: Don't forget RG3 and Cam for the NFC
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #46
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
This could be true.

Think about it: The NFC has budding QB stars coming up: Rodgers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Ryan.

But all the AFC has is Brady and Manning who will be done VERY soon. And an up and coming Luck and a constantly injured and also old Roethlisberger.

Flacco gets to the superbowl and maybe wins it, the AFC has a new star QB for the future.

Edit: Don't forget RG3 and Cam for the NFC
Sports will be much better if betting is removed..I don't have any doubt that it has lot of influence how the officials are calling the game..
Ravens got lot of support from officials last week.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #47
jbiel
Seasoned Veteran

Officiating crews should be graded after games and receive fines/suspensions when it's poor. Of course this wouldn't matter much if they are getting paid elsewhere, but at least their friends/family/America knows they suck at their job.
jbiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #48
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Another way you could look at it: The Revenge Bowl 2013

Both the 49ers and Ravens were a field goal away from being in the Super Bowl last year.

We'll have to see what happens today
Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #49
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Another way you could look at it: The Revenge Bowl 2013

Both the 49ers and Ravens were a field goal away from being in the Super Bowl last year.

We'll have to see what happens today
Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #50
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

More than the NFL..I believe Ref's fix the games..They will be easily influenced by external sources(Betting being the obvious reason).