The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #33
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Who are these high draft picks you speak of?

2012 4 112 Bobby Massie
2012 5 151 Senio Kelemete
2012 7 221 Nate Potter

2011 NONE

2010 NONE

2009 5 167 Herman Johnson
2009 7 254 Trevor Canfield

2008 7 225 Brandon Keith

2007 1 5 Levi Brown

2006 2 41 Deuce Lutui

Look at their o-line roster. It's full of journeymen and nobodies. The only guy even worth mentioning is Levi Brown and he's not all that.

They've ignored their o-line just like the Chargers have and it's no surprise that those two have the worst o-lines in the league. And it's also no surprise their GM and AJ Smith both got run out of town.
A first and second round pick is considered a high pick. It's my opinion that a great coach can improve his players ability and performances and can get more out of players then somebody else was able to do. The fact that the Cards have probably the worst OL in the league tells me, yes, they don't have very good players on their line, but their line coaching isn't fabulous either. Take a coach like Bobby Turner for example, how is it that this guy can take very low round picks such as Terrell Davis, Orlandis Gary, Alfred Morris, Mike Anderson, etc, and get so much out of these guys. Because he's a great coach who knows how to improve his players. I don't think Russ Grimm does that.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote