The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #876
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Now all of the sudden the libs are gun owners and support the 2nd Amendment.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #877
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
States rights is a dead issue, this is one country,not 50 seperate plots of land doing there own thing. I didn't realize how big of a fan you are of the EU.

Guess you haven't heard of a place called Colorado. We set plenty of our own laws and the feds sit and watch!

Peacepipe you really need to travel a bit more. There are huge cultural, religious, and political differences from state to state. One size does not fit all in America. It's what makes this country great!

So peacepipe is a gun owner. It's the ole I got what I want but restrict the other guy.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-19-2013 at 05:18 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #878
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Obama said plain as day in his announcement that passing these laws won't stop these things from ever happening again,but if they stop one it is worth doing.
Speeding kills 10,000 per year. Should we make cars that refuse to go faster than 65? I bet you could find a cop who loves the idea.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #879
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Guess you haven't heard of a place called Colorado. We set plenty of our own laws and the feds sit and watch!

Peacepipe you really need to travel a bit more. There are huge cultural, religious, and political differences from state to state. One size does not fit all in America. It's what makes this country great!

So peacepipe is a gun owner. It's the ole I got what I want but restrict the other guy.
Its really important to respect those differences are we won't be able to stay united.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #880
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
It isn't rolling back the constitution,universal background checks won't stop you from buying a gun. As has been pointed out the 2nd amendment is not unlimited.
Then it shouldn't be unlimited for anybody. Giving more powerful weapons to the authorities creates a police state.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #881
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Then it shouldn't be unlimited for anybody. Giving more powerful weapons to the authorities creates a police state.
Bull****.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #882
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Everybody should be packing, and showing it! God knows, that's what made the Old West the peaceful place that it was.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #883
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Still one country. Do you want us to become the EU.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #884
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

No law abiding person is being restricted from buying a gun.
Now,do you mean to say that if a convicted child molester were not able to buy a gun you would be upset.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #885
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Its really important to respect those differences are we won't be able to stay united.
There's a lot of political,cultural differences between Brooklyn & queens NY should we divide the state of NY into separate states?no.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #886
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
All the states have different speed limits too. Better squash that down to 65. Maybe 55. That is if you care about the children.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #887
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
They don't believe in such things. Their government loves them and only wants to take care of them.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #888
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Guess we can assume you've never read any of the federalists or anti federalists.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #889
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
All the states have different speed limits too. Better squash that down to 65. Maybe 55. That is if you care about the children.
You guys are getting desperate.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #890
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You guys are getting desperate.
Desperate is "if it saves one life". But with speed limits universally imposed we can save thousands every year. Many many times what an "assault" rifle ban or background checks could ever accomplish.

Its not arguable. Why do you focus on saving 10s or hundreds when you can save thousands?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #891
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Desperate is "if it saves one life". But with speed limits universally imposed we can save thousands every year. Many many times what an "assault" rifle ban or background checks could ever accomplish.

Its not arguable. Why do you focus on saving 10s or hundreds when you can save thousands?
Tell me who get denied a gun because of universal background checks?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #892
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Tell me who get denied a gun because of universal background checks?
Why do you always ask questions but never answer them. Why do we build cars capable of breaking the law?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #893
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why do you always ask questions but never answer them. Why do we build cars capable of breaking the law?
You're deflecting,answer the question.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #894
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You're deflecting,answer the question.
Whose question came first? Your whine of deflection is what it accuses.

Why are you so eager to infringe on Constitutional freedoms while ignoring others that have far more impact in lives and cost? Only explanation I have is that chipping away at the 2nd is such an ingrained part of your political marching orders that you're incapable of questioning it anymore.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #895
BroncoBeavis

DO SOMEFIN!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #896
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Whose question came first? Your whine of deflection is what it accuses.

Why are you so eager to infringe on Constitutional freedoms while ignoring others that have far more impact in lives and cost? Only explanation I have is that chipping away at the 2nd is such an ingrained part of your political marching orders that you're incapable of questioning it anymore.
No one is infringing,it's 100% constitutional to have universal background checks.
Answer the question.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #897
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
No one is infringing,it's 100% constitutional to have universal background checks.
Answer the question.
And then what happens when the next mass murder that background checks do nothing to prevent comes along?

Will background checking hour Uncle Jim still make you feel better or will you just move reliably on to item B or C of the hiptard repeal the 2nd by increment agenda?

If the government is to act I prefer it to have meaningful benefit. Not just put everyone through a dog and pony show so the delusional can pretend they've fixed evil for awhile.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #898
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Oh these new gun laws won't do much unfortunately, but it's a good start i guess? And I'll get roasted for this but clinging to the second amendment in today's day is BS. the intention of it was to form a militia, it even says that right in it. We haven't had those or a need for them in centuries. Now people want them for...why do people want assault weapons anyway?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #899
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And then what happens when the next mass murder that background checks do nothing to prevent comes along?

Will background checking hour Uncle Jim still make you feel better or will you just move reliably on to item B or C of the hiptard repeal the 2nd by increment agenda?

If the government is to act I prefer it to have meaningful benefit. Not just put everyone through a dog and pony show so the delusional can pretend they've fixed evil for awhile.
No one is saying there is a perfect fix,but it is constitutional.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #900
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Oh these new gun laws won't do much unfortunately, but it's a good start i guess? And I'll get roasted for this but clinging to the second amendment in today's day is BS. the intention of it was to form a militia, it even says that right in it. We haven't had those or a need for them in centuries. Now people want them for...why do people want assault weapons anyway?
They have this fear of the gov & believe they one day they'll have to turn and use them against our own troops.