The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #126
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Wat da fuq is 'ubstruct'
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #127
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont recall something like that being called much....if at all. If you can find examples to prove me wrong, ill gladly except it. But wasn't it 3rd and 10+ and that was a dump off that went 4 yards? I just dont call that
You aren't getting it. A 2 yard catch would have ran 40 seconds off the clock and after Prater misses the FG Baltimore wouldn't have scored the TD. The refs also don't usually call holding on a third and one up the middle but they did
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #128
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
You aren't getting it. A 2 yard catch would have ran 40 seconds off the clock and after Prater misses the FG Baltimore wouldn't have scored the TD. The refs also don't usually call holding on a third and one up the middle but they did
I'M GETTING IT. I'm just not blaming them for not calling it.

And yes, the 3rd and 1 call was absurd, I agree, but thats apples and oranges in this case.

I understand that the 40 seconds might have made a difference, but this odd possibility isn't reason to call, what i consider, a bull**** penalty at the time. It's sort of like when referee's guesstimate spots on first and second down, but then pull out chains to see if a ball is within an eighth of an inch of the sticks on 4th. There are soooo many other worthy penalties to rightly b**** about. To me, that's not one.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #129
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Good lord. I thought I was pretty much over all of this and then I watched that damn video.

I was downing a ton of beer at the bar as the game went on and people were looking at me like I was crazy for going on a tirade on that tripping/non-call PI play on DT. From that point on there was a nice 3 ft radius of empty space around me as I was the "angry fan," but dammit we were ****in' robbed by the refs. I don't even remember some of these from the 4th quarter on, I just know I was in a rotten g.d. mood.

Back to the fridge for another beer.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #130
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

i know it was me and a few other posters that said the replacement refs werent any worse than the regular refs. the regs just moved the game more quickly. i thought it was funny that the "tuck rule" screwed the raiders back then. that same rule shouldve applied to us. Owell .
no wonder i just dont care like i used to.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote